[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is "dark buddhism" the ancient equivalent of the robot

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: krr.jpg (23KB, 320x416px) Image search: [Google]
krr.jpg
23KB, 320x416px
Is "dark buddhism" the ancient equivalent of the robot philosophy? Why did it die out, and should we try to resurrect it?
>>
>>36455392
All that comes up when I Google "dark buddhism" are Reddit threads and New Age websites. Not sure it "died out" so much as it never existed in the first place, and therefore you couldn't "revive" it.
>>
>>36455392
OP, you have to explain yourself on this one. What are you talking about?
>>
>>36455494
Its like enlightenment but the other way.
>>
>>36455630

Pretty sure it's just 90% meme material. But go ahead, try to start a movement.
>>
>>36455630
So endarkenment?
>>
>>36456161
Delightenment, possibly.
>>
That hollow's just trying to get to Archdragon Peak
>>
>>36456161
The inverse of enlightenment is ignorance.
>>
>>36456226
Does it have to be the inverse?
Endarkenment would be like enlightenment, gaining ultimate knowledge, but instead falling into despair and hopelessness as result.
>>
You guys are fucking stupid. Buddhism is a great-tier philosophy already - it doesn't need to be changed.
>>
File: 1477180582353.jpg (126KB, 433x419px) Image search: [Google]
1477180582353.jpg
126KB, 433x419px
>>36456161
This one gave me a hearty kek, thanks Anon
>>
>>36455392
Ive never heard of this can someone give me a

QUICK RUNDOWN
U
I
C
K

R
U
N
D
O
W
N
>>
>>36456361
Dunno. It would be like an eastern version of satanism. Seems cool to me.
>>
>>36456403
Regardless, robots couldn't follow it anyway. The first line of Buddhism is realizing all life is suffering, so the opposite is realizing all life is pleasure, something robots will never do.
>>
>>36456322
An enlightened person would be aware that despair and hopelessness are illusions of the mind and would not fall into them.

The inverse of Buddhism would be extreme attachment to suffering.
>>
>Dark Buddhism is an integration of Zen Buddhism and Ayn Rand's Objectivism
some fuckin idiot read atlas shrugged and his jerking his libertarian spuzz all over eastern religions. its not 'ancient' at all
>>
I don't know what "dark" Buddhism is, but I can see how standard Buddhism could be used to justify a pathetic robot life deprived of pleasure and joy. You can pretend you're voluntarily rejecting worldly pleasure when in fact you cannot get it because you're fundamentally flawed.
>>
is dark buddhism the whole >cause ego-death so you finally die thing?
>>
Does it involve not meditating?
I could get behind something where I can not meditate.
>>
>>36457550
you sound spooked asf my dude
>>
>>36457348
Despair and hopelessness could be used to provide the outlook required for nirvana. If you see the world as ultimately futile and abandon hope of it improving, which could break a worldly addiction, without feeling restrained by circumstance you would have no reason not to nirvana urself and eliminate it all together.
>>
>>36455468
There's a lot of dark ambient music with buddhist themes. It's spooky af but clearly geared towards the same objectives. If it does exist it's subterranean and probably only exists in the minds of those who are into it, there are only a few examples that I know of of people expressing it.
>>
>>36455392
never heard of dark buddhism but theres tantric buddhism if you're into deities and reciting mantras

>Is "dark buddhism" the ancient equivalent of the robot philosophy
not really early buddhism is more robot than the later sects. It even affirms neetdom. Theres even a section about being MGTOW in the Suttanipata (the direct word of the buddha):

>Chapter 3. Horn of the Rhinoserous (going your own way)

>35.renounce violence against all living things
>do not bring suffering or torment to others
>do not want children, neither friends.
>wander alone like the horn of a rhinoceros

>36.Intercourse leads to affection
>From affection comes suffering
>Observe that misfortune comes from affection
>wander alone like the horn of a rhinoceros

>37.Feeling sympathy for friends leads your soul to be bound by them,and prevents you from reaching the true goal.
>Observe that sympathy causes this and wander alone like the horn of a rhinoceros
>>
File: 1465356594378.png (946KB, 999x745px) Image search: [Google]
1465356594378.png
946KB, 999x745px
>>36459278
>>36459278
In ancient india buddhist monks received food from strangers, and the custom was for the monk the remain silent without saying a word and leave. Being a neet was a profession in india.

Dhaniya:
"I support myself on my earnings.
My sons live in harmony,
free from disease.
I hear no evil about them at all:
so if you want, rain-god,
go ahead & rain."

The Buddha:
"I'm in no one's employ,
I wander the interwebs
on the reward of my Awakening.
No need for earnings
is to be found:
go ahead & rain."

Dhaniya:
"There are cows, young bulls,
cows in calf, & breeding cows,
& a great bull, the leader of the herd:
go ahead & rain."

The Buddha:
"There are no cows, no young bulls,
no cows in calf or breeding cows,
no great bull, the leader of the herd:[7]
go ahead & rain."

Mara:[8]
"Those with children
delight
because of their children.
Those with cattle
delight
because of their cows.
A person's delight
comes from acquisitions,
since a person with no acquisitions
doesn't delight."

The Buddha:
"Those with children
grieve
because of their children.
Those with cattle
grieve
because of their cows.
A person's grief
comes from acquisitions,
since a person with no acquisitions
doesn't grieve."
>>
>>36457348
>The inverse of Buddhism would be extreme attachment to suffering.

This.
Finding joy in undergoing it, seeking more exceeding, leading to becoming immune to its distress (turning to reveling in it) followed by mastering suffering(invulnerability to it), followed by seeking to inflict so that others may get on the same path to overcome vulnerability and distress or be destroyed by it.

It's still overcoming through abolishment of value and attachment but the other way around.
>>
>>36455392
sounds like an autistic superhero name
>>
>>36458957
>dark ambient music with Buddhist themes
post now
>>
It's certainly a retarded name but reading the summary written by the author who basically has the only book on dark buddhism, it seems like it's a lot less autistic than it sounds

It's basically just attempting to look at objectivism through the lens of some buddhist notions such as a more neutral world view. The author clearly understands the flaws of Rand's original approach to objectivism.
>>
Enlightenment is a misleading term because it implies duality between light and dark or good and evil and this dualistic way of looking at the world is simplistic and wrong, precisely the antithesis of what is actually meant by 'enlightenment', namely seeing that it's all part of a unified system, no duality but unity.

Good and evil is an idiotic way to see the world for people with bruised ego's who can not handle the fundamental indifference of nature, they are entirely human made concepts that a fictional frame work to divide things in order to make life easy and to give it the illusion of being important.
>>
>>36461185
That's only true in Mahayana. Theravadins really do believe in all those dualisms.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.