[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>dad's teaching me how to drive >he gets angry with

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1490279352898.jpg (33KB, 266x265px) Image search: [Google]
1490279352898.jpg
33KB, 266x265px
>dad's teaching me how to drive
>he gets angry with every little mistake I make
>I get increasingly nervous and can't concentrate
>almost crash into a streetlamp

Is there anything worse than trying to learn to drive in your 20s? How do normies learn to drive at 16 without feeling nervous at all?
>>
Same thing happened to me, mom stressed me the fuck out.
>>
Idk what's the deal, my father was completely chill when I was learning
>>
>>36453748
You should be grateful. I'm grateful my dad is teaching me, but he's an absolute control freak.
>>
>>36453605
if u want to learn how to drive, learn to drive without help. you could be driving retardedly because youre not near other cars and are acting careless.
>>
>>36453865
I'm using my dad's car, and he won't let me use it alone until he thinks I'm ready.
>>
>>36453605
Same. My dad killed some guy just by punching so I don't feel like pissing him off.

I'm just waiting until I can afford my own car to practice on my own.
>>
>>36453605
Everyone is nervous when learning to drive. Remember that a car is just an oversized go-kart. Your anxiety is making it more complicated/difficult than it actually is. Literally all you do is push the gas and break with your foot and turn a wheel. It's physically easy. As long as you have good road/sign knowledge, you shouldn't be worried. Anxiety stems from ignorance, afterall.
>>
why didn't you learn when you were 16?
>>
>ausfag
>have to drive with a fully licenced driver in the car at all times until ive logged 120 hours driving
>mum cant take me driving for more than 5 minutes befire getting too anxious and angry
>she wont pay for lessons either
>no job cos need a car to get to job, so no money to pay for lessons myself
>barely any driving skills and anxious behind the wheel because of mums behaviour
>>
>>36453942
I thought I could get by with taking the bus everywhere. But I'm sick of spending hours on the bus around sweaty people just to get to places that would take me 10 minutes with a car.
>>
>>36453942
probably was too anxious and autistic
>>
>>36453966
>10 minutes by car
So 20 minute walk? Use your legs bro
>>
>>36453996
10 minutes on the expressway is not 20 minutes walking
In any case, I prefer biking.
>>
File: 1489108354857.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1489108354857.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>mum yells at me for not driving correctly
>got permit 10 minutes prior to driving for first time
>>
my dad/brother were similar with teaching driving like that. it sucks but you have to channel your energy from nervousness from them being autists to your driving and concentration on the road.

driving is easy as fuck anyway, idk how you manage to fuck it up
>>
>>36454103
How is it easy in any way?
>>
>>36453641
>>36453605
lmao this happend to me too.
dad gets angry but say what i need to do.
Mom makes me stressed with all the complaining and yelling.
But i managed to succeed at my third try
>>
>>36453605

Are you less skilled than an eight year old?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/04/13/8-year-old-learns-drive-youtube-heads-mcdonalds/100408432/

Just stop being such a shitter.
>>
Yell back at him
>>
File: 1492525477506.png (132KB, 540x301px) Image search: [Google]
1492525477506.png
132KB, 540x301px
>>36454626
If I knew how to drive I would be a much happier person and I wouldn't be posting here.
>>
>>36453925
The signs and roads of the rule stuff is the hardest part. My mom always rides with me and gives me instructions so I wouldn't really know what to do on my own. But my driving is ok. I passed the driver's test.

Also my mom panics and almost screams at me during practice. It makes me nervous. We get in arguments about it and sometimes it ruins the session.
>>
>>36453605
Don't worry about it. Just make sure you actually concentrate when doing the driving test. After failing 2 times, I came up with a scenario in my head where the driving instructor is a friend who can't speak English, and wants to learn to drive. So I gotta show him how using only actions. Helps keep the anxiety down, and makes you slow down when thinking so you follow, and show you know, the the rules of the road.

>>36454752

Agreed. It might not be the best form of communication, but at least it's something.
>>
>>36453605
My dad kept confusing me by constantly using jargon and getting annoyed every time I asked him what the fuck he was talking about
>>
>>36453605

yeah sure you're in your 20s you god damn fucking 16 year old faggot
>>
>tfw it's been 7 years since I failed my driving test and I never bothered to try again
>>
your father is an impatient idiot and doesn't remember, or doesn't care, how scary it is when you first get behind the wheel
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.