[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys, I turned 18 last month and am picking my religion. What's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: pld.jpg (52KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
pld.jpg
52KB, 500x375px
Hi guys, I turned 18 last month and am picking my religion. What's the coolest one? No islam pls.
>>
>>36450699
Stay non-religious.
>>
>>36450699
Read in to the underlying philosophy of Hinduism.

Then kill yourself.
>>
>>36450724
Seconding this. Unless you live in a shithole the law and social norms will provide a basis for morality, and the rest is just needless traditions
>>
Find your ancestors' religion. No abrahamic shit pls
>>
>>36450699
>What's the coolest one
wth do you mean by this?

If you want a tolerant religion where you wont have to be supremely dogmatic then go for one of the christian sects but it isnt typically cool.
Hinduism has the most festivals and stuff but it comes from poo country and i cant imagine there are many hindus where you are.
Islam is shit tier and dont go near it.
Buddhism has a billion different groups but youd pretty much be doing it alone. I guess it could be good swiffle larpy shit.

really, just either be non-religious (if youre not religious) or go christian because its the only religion youre going to find in the western world which fits the culture (since were culturally christian) and anything else will out you as a faggot or just be larping.
>>
Develop your own religion from your subconscious.
Make no alterations on concerns of normie placation.
You already know what you are.
>>
>he's not exploring and bettering his inner self through meditation and hermeticist magic
stay plen
>>
File: varg.jpg (114KB, 762x464px) Image search: [Google]
varg.jpg
114KB, 762x464px
>>36450847
Desert religions belong in the desert.
>>
File: 1458675752534.png (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1458675752534.png
7KB, 259x194px
>>36450699
>picking a religion as a fashionable accessory
Nigger you're doing it wrong. Go find your soul and then decide what you want for it
>>
>>36450699
Greek Orthodox
>>
>>36451148
How do I find it? Oreo
>>
>>36451187
Arapis mou
>>
File: Christianity_Infographic_1.png (335KB, 870x1730px) Image search: [Google]
Christianity_Infographic_1.png
335KB, 870x1730px
>>36450847
>skipping over all meaningful ancestors' religion for unorganized and random primitive thoughts

>>36450699
Choose Christianity, OP.
https://pastebin.com/518fcvBX
There's a bunch of "cool" stuff in that pastebin, but I suggest you focus on the books in the first link. Try The Case For Christ by Lee Strobbel, read the New Testament, search for Truth.
>>
>>36450699
Read over them. Take what you like from each one and just apply them as you see fit. I recomend starting with Budda. Some real chill shit there. Learn how the avoid problems by keeping their mind above the body and how an old soul can find it hard to live amongst young souls.
Christianity has good and positive messages if you filter it down, like the importance of being kind to others and working hard. Fuck, even islam has some good points you could extract and use.
>>
Read karma cola by jiddu krishnamurti. It is a good, exciting read. I am finally enlightened to the ways of street shitting and Mmmm do I pity you backwards westerners who flush three gallons of perfectly good drinking water with every dump,and eat with the same hand you wipe your ass with.

Also marcus aurelius is a cool guy - i bet he never ate with his shitting hand.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.