[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not sure if there's actually something wrong with

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1470185328789.jpg (58KB, 543x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470185328789.jpg
58KB, 543x600px
I'm not sure if there's actually something wrong with me that I'm just neglecting to notice, but all my life I've always felt I didn't belong. I'm intelligent and insightful, mentally and physically healthy, at least somewhat attractive, and yet I still can't find anywhere to belong and always feel at odds with other people. I honestly like most people and think that almost everyone is a good person at heart, yet no one ever seems to give me a chance. I guess people who are well-informed and want to understand the ways of the world are just considered "weird" these days. I'm quiet and always fall into the background. I go into social situations with optimism and am always disappointed or misunderstood, without fail. What do I do? I'm getting tired of this. I want to feel love or admiration towards me at the very least.
>>
>>36450017
maybe you're a sperg?
>>
Your best bet is to try and find other people with your interests. What do you care about?
>>
>>36450053
I'm not autistic because I'm actually extremely empathetic, probably more so than the average person.
>>36450055
I care about music, writing, and politics mainly. I've tried to talk to people about music but no one is interested in the music I like outside of the internet. It's not worth even trying to talk about writing as I'm already well aware that no one appreciates classic literature anymore. With politics, I can never have a civil conversation without someone shoving their dogma into my face and/or getting furious at me for having a different opinion. It feels hopeless.
>>
>>36450163
What music? Also, what literature?
>>
>>36450017
same here. yeah life is hard this way. But what I slowly start to notice is that, the main reason why people don't seem to like me is that I don't give them something to like. I've always been very shy and insecure. I didn't show people any part of my personality, because I was to affraid to. Now I slowly start to do that. I talk more (IMPORTANT is to also talk about stuff that you genuinly like, not just stuff you think they want to hear, or that fits the current conversation.). If you are similair as me, you probably think about a lot of different stuff, and are very critical and maybe even very honest to yourselve. The problem is you. But the good thing is, if you can find a way to be social, and for people to like you. You will have a good advantage over others, with your already stated positive traits.

Try reading/listening to psychology lectures or boooks
>>
>>36450547
Thanks. I am like this. The few times I open up I often open up too much and just scare the person away. It's like I'm an open book or closed book. I appreciate your advice though. I want to become a psychologist as a career so I already read a lot of those and they certainly help.
>>
>>36450222
With music, I listen to a large variety. Right now I'm listening to a lot of traditional blues/folk/country from the early 20th century, jazz, and a bit of classical, particularly Beethoven right now. A bit of Ives and atonal stuff as well.

As for literature, my favorite author is Faulkner. I've been exploring the American canon and hope to explore the canon for other countries as well. I also want to learn some of the languages on the way. (For example, if I'm studying Russian literature I'd also try and learn a bit of Russian as well. I'd read the original text along with an English translation.)
>>
>>36450943
also, this is hard. Don't care about what people think about you, only do what you think is right. You will probably not get a lot of friends or whatever. But if you get some friends, and actually try! The friends you will get will be good friends. (Im not speaking from expirience :) :)) I'm just hoping
>>
>>36450017
Do you actually understand how other people feel, like you find it easy to tell what kind of person someone is just by talking or looking at them for a short time?
>>
You need humor, that's the secret to making friends. As for romantic shit, I have no idea.
>>
>>36451295
Yes. I've always been very good at reading other people's emotions. Sometimes if someone seems unhappy, I am suddenly unhappy as well.
>>
>>36451366
Look up some stuff about highly sensitive people, and see if you share any more of those traits.

I have a feeling that might help you.
>>
>>36451366
kek empathy fag
>>
I'm in a similar situation to you anon. I don't get it either, but at this point I'm now more concerned whether or not I'm sane.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.