[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do anti-depressants actually work, /r9k/? my therapist has suggested

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

File: 1492453295492.png (1MB, 531x921px) Image search: [Google]
1492453295492.png
1MB, 531x921px
do anti-depressants actually work, /r9k/?

my therapist has suggested them before but I've always been wary. but lately I've just been so fatigued and unfocused and in despair, it's getting hard to exist

I'm turning from a figurative zombie into a literal one
>>
some work, some don't, some make it impossible to cum
>>
>>36449551

I just started taking it (yesterday) And the only thing different thus far is that I started to eat like a pig... other than that nothing is different... I was told that it takes some time for it to work tho so i can't tell
>>
>>36449624
dang that's worrying about the appetite, I'm already a fatty
>>
File: IMG_0703.png (207KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0703.png
207KB, 500x375px
>>36449551
My medication doubles as both an antidepressant and antipsychotic. I truly sense no difference other than being less than myself. In terms of personality, then again I didn't really have much of one to begin with. They effect everyone differently so it's difficult to say whether or not you too should take them. Doesn't hurt to try, anon.
>>
File: 1462887107226.png (532KB, 1086x750px) Image search: [Google]
1462887107226.png
532KB, 1086x750px
They can but they probably won't. Most people who've been on them report them either not working or exacerbating their feelings of depression, amongst other side effects; certain medications have a 60%! chance of making your dick not work while you're on it at least.

I've found something that works for me, I'm not "happy" by any means, but I am no longer suicidal and I no longer feel like garbage every day. Just neutral. I'm not a "zombie" though.
>>
>>36449551
That's like asking
>if i eat shrooms will I have a bad trip?
You might. You might not.

Personally my experience with the pills has been very negative.
>>
>>36449624
Most anti-depressants need 2-4 weeks to build levels in the body to work to their fullest extent, so they say
>>
File: rebuild!rei.png (877KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rebuild!rei.png
877KB, 1920x1080px
>>36449551
I've been on sertraline for a few months now. It hasn't eliminated my negative thoughts, or my rational belief that ctb is likely the best decision and I will probably do it someday, but it does cause me to think about those topics less frequently. So if distracting yourself is a prospect you find appealing, then give it a try. The main reason I'm still on it is that it has reduced the worst symptoms of my anxiety. I haven't experienced any side effects outside of the first week and a couple times I temporarily ran out of meds.
>>
File: 1467930768233.jpg (25KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1467930768233.jpg
25KB, 720x480px
yeah, they work, but you gotta find the right pill and the right dose for you
I can act like a normie since I started taking paroxetine. And I take 20-30 minutes to cum now, which can be a bad or good thing I guess.
but yeah, for me at least it's working
>>
>>36451079
what is ctb? cock torture balls?
>>
ive been on lexapro for about one to two weeks because of my major depression and mild anxiety. my mood has been better, though that may just be because of other life events. i still feel drained when i come home and get very little done. my anxiety has gotten better, though at 1 am last night i started hearing various family members all screaming at me at the same time for a while. im not sure what the fuck that was. sorry for rambling oops but it took me a year to work up the motivation to get antidepressants and its better to try them than not.
>>
two of my family members killed themselves while taking prozac. I quit prozac because I wanted to kill myself. Overall, I'd say since quitting I've just been able to occasionally concentrate more, and be more intelligent. Started drawing better, learning instruments, languages, etc. I think it differs for everyone. No easy answer.
>>
>>36449551
big time. i've been on zoloft, wellbutrin, prozac, mirtazapine, and effexor. by far the most effective has been a cocktail of mirtazapine and effexor. changed my life to one of pure hell and mental sluggishness, apathy to engaged and productive member of society who loves his job and continues to learn in a challenging career. AMA about antid's

>>36451284
i felt really good on prozac. it even gave me a bit of a buzz every day. had to stop though because of daily migraines which took months to diagnose.
>>
File: NGE 1179.png (67KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
NGE 1179.png
67KB, 480x640px
Just started on paroxetine yesterday day. Things I've noticed so far.

>have a lot of similar stuff to the afterglow of dxm tripping
Shaking, freezing cold despite it being 71 F in my house, hard walking straight, very light headed, no apatite, extremely tired, and watery eyes.
>hard to think
I found that it's extremely hard to think about the past or the future right now. I used to think a ton about the past and future to plan out my actions and learn from now. Today I've had such a hard time doing that. Can only think about stuff that's in front of me.
>fish brain
Multiple times I've just flat out forgot what I was doing and couldn't figure it out.
>>
Is there one I should ask for if I'm absolutely fucking exhausted 24/7? My therapist also said I should ask for one that's an appetite stimulant because I'm underweight.

I don't know if they'd prescribe me modafinil and an anti-depressant or if they interact with eachother negatively.
>>
>>36451420
i currently work as a programmer and am scared if i start taking antidepressents it will affect my job

but i have no fucking motivation to do anything and want to fucking kill myself, and from what i hear from most people they don't even fucking work
>>
>>36451420
How do I decide what order to try things/combos in? Obviously I want to find what works (if anything) ASAP, but I'm not sure if there's any methodology to it. Also how do I tell which things are worth trying to mix (vs. something that isn't working and should be ignored)?
>>
Is it true that depression meds can fuck up your hormone levels and stunt your growth if you take them as a a teenager?
>>
File: 1485388779869.png (123KB, 1290x1212px) Image search: [Google]
1485388779869.png
123KB, 1290x1212px
I take
>citalopram 20mg
>mirtazapine 15mg
Been on this for 6 months, i can't orgasm and eat ~3500kcal/day. I guess its better than wanting to commit suicide daily.
>>
>>36449551
>>36450763
>>36451079
Have I told you guys lately that I want to forcefully molest and penetrate Rei?
>>
>>36451828
Rei is pure you shit. Asuka is for raping and mindbreaking. Rei is for handholding and being proud of.
>>
>>36450477
Exercise some. Exercise is a natural anti-depressant that works on both dopamine (your pleasure neurotransmitters) and serotonin (you mood neurotransmitters).
>>
>>36452066
>Rei is pure
That's why I want to put my penis in her girl hole, you dick-inhaler
>>
>>36452126
I can't get out of bed dood
>>
>>36452183
Anti-depressants are not going to help you there anyway.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.