[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else /hatinguniversity/ here? I'm just so tired

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

File: 1487489627904.png (127KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1487489627904.png
127KB, 601x508px
Anybody else /hatinguniversity/ here? I'm just so tired of it all. I'm seriously giving consideration to joining the Navy.
Everybody thinks that I'm smart, but I'm really not that smart. I just know how to utilize my resources. It's all so overblown and the stress is killing me, even though in reality the stress should be fairly minimal.

Is this a common phenomenon among university students these days? Is all according to plan?
>>
What are you studying?

I'm in my 3rd year of my medicine/surgery degree and it's pretty comfy.

Just do the work, it's only as hard as you make it. My guess is that you'll probably find something to complain about in the Navy too, the grass is ALWAYS greener.
>>
uni is easy, unless you are working at the same time. what are you studying ?
>>
File: feels-hug.jpg (24KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
feels-hug.jpg
24KB, 600x600px
I know the feel anon. I'm goin' through the same.
>>
Mods delete this thread and ban OP this isn't politics related
>>
Universities are a scam. Only sheeple love them and think they will have a bright future with their massive debt and degrees they've learned nothing with.
>>
>>36442981
Same, 1st year though. You guys have PBL over there?
>>
>>36442981
Studying IET. I've always better learned through informal education (as in on the job) rather than formal education. Part of it is good leadership as well. I function better when I'm under good direction as I'm pretty shit at doing things at my own behest.

Honestly, I've always found I enjoy physical labor (well, more specifically intellectual + physical labor combined) to be better for me, hence IT. I'm just so fucking sick of the university system though, and I know part of it is myself, my internal attitude and stuff, but part of it also the lack of quality leadership present at university. There seems to be little push and support to be better, just more of a "do this and pass the test" kind of attitude. It's very hollow.
>>
>>36442985
>being an ameridebt

tiptoppity KEK!
>>
File: 1382664347043.jpg (32KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1382664347043.jpg
32KB, 400x388px
I'M NOT A ROBOT REEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING MODS
>>
>>36442987
What the fuck is IET?
>>
>>36443026
Information Engineering Technology. Just another name for IT.
>>
Studying math.

The worst part is that you realise that you're not even top dog at that shitty university you attend.

I mean, I don't to too badly but I know my place. I'm never going to win a Fields Medal or anything.
>>
>>36443041
Well, of course, you will not enjoy the course if you're doing IT, jeez, what a trash degree
>>
Just dropped out. Wish me luck in this gay world guys. I swear I'm gonna make it one day.
>>
Almost done with my first year of university, and I haven't even decided a major yet. That is the most stressful part.
>>
>>36443084
What, do you think that IT only encompasses phone support and helpdesk?
>>
>>36443091
Congratulations on ruining your life. What were you studying and what is the plan now?
>>
>>36443101
That's what you'll be doing when you do finally get a job :^)
>>
Any degrees in high demand in the US? I want to get out of Britbongistan ASAP
>>
>>36442980
>>36442986
Did I subconsciously and telepathically make this thread?
>>
>>36443109
>be mark zuckerberg
>drop out
>'i swear i'm gonna make it one day'
>'hurr lol congratulations on ruining your life'
>make it one day
>>
>>36443259
What the fuck are you talking about?
origin
>>
>>36443309
If everybody was a Mark Zuckerburg, there would be no Mark Zuckerburgs
>>
>>36443309
You bloody moron. That is like recommending for everyone to play the lottery because a handful of people win it.
>>
>>36443220
Study law in the UK and you can take the bar exam in either New York or California
>>
>>36443309
Don't buy into very rare success stories like that. Dumbass normies always bring shit like that up when their brains are too small to succeed.
>>
>>36443344
>>36443358
The point is that dropping out doesn't necessarily mean your life is ruined. You won't be the next Mark Zuckerberg but you can still be successful.
>>
>>36443359
Pretty /jealous/ of this desu. If you want to practice medicine in the US you pretty much gotta go through the entire course again. In the UK atm and would love to just graduate and fuck off to the US for that juicy private healthcare dolla
>>
>>36443067
iktf quite feel. I dropped math for finance since I was sick of being the classroom dummy
I guess striving to be top of the class shouldn't really be an academics goal. you'll set yourself up for failure no doubt
>>
>>36442980

Study something you find interesting.

I can nerd out on Greek/Roman history all day long.
>>
>>36443380
Sure, but my point was that if you drop out, broadly speaking, things probably will not turn out great for you. Most people who drop out will not strike it rich. You have to be absolutely certain you are exceptional, and even then it takes a fair amount of luck. If you stay in school there are some degrees which pretty much guarantee a job at the end.
>>
>>36443067
>The worst part is that you realise that you're not even top dog at that shitty university you attend.

iktf mathbro. wish i could study pure math all day and get paid (everything else is so boring), but i'm not smart/motivated enough to be a professor. hopefully i can get a chill wagecuck job with this degree
>>
>>36442980

You sound like me, I'm almost done and have got through most of it with the least amount of effort I could have mustered

Most classes are conducted out of a textbook.
>>
>>36443457
Have you considered teaching?
>>
I can't take it bros. I have 2 huge projects , 3 essays , and then finals all in one month. I've spent dozens of hours working in the library and I'm about to crack. Why did I think I was smart enough to do this
>>
How can ANYONE survive the onslaught of 4 courseworks a week. Ffs there is no time to actually study the course because you have to keep checking when these little bite size things have to be handed in. It literally causes mental anguish as my brain has to constantly be detached and reattached to different projects. Why can't there just be one big coursework each month and exams only at the end of the year.
>>
>>36443612
Lad, it's not due to you being dumb, you just have a hard time taking responsibility and focusing on your studies. You might want to try Adderall or something.
>>
>>36443309
>the memeberg fallacy: "if I'm too much of a silly person to finish undergrad then there's a definite chance I'll make big bucks as a non-grad"
kek, people are still using this argument? the times don't change at all
>>
>>36443651
Fuck, you described very aptly what the cause of stress is for me. The fucking worrying of constant obligations from multiple sources to be met in order to "get good grades". I fucking hate it.
>>
>>36442980
You don't have to smart to be successful academically. You just need self discipline and the ability to focus your time on your studies and not procrastinate. Which is easier said then done of course.
>>
>>36443813
Honestly, what it all boils down to for me is, I just don't want to do it anymore. I've lost interest, desire and will. I mean, there is no plainer way to say it. I just don't want to do it anymore.

Now this obviously pulls into question my ability of discipline, which has always been shit, frankly, and this is one of the reasons I hate myself sometimes. I lack the mental fortitude to actually build up discipline. I don't know how others do it. It's a mystery.
>>
>>36443856
You = Weak
They = Strong

Pathetic
>>
OP are you me? I fucking hate this shit, as a brainlet I can't even make any friends. Army was pretty fun though but in my country I could only become a Cadet and then a liuteunat, but that would mean 40 fucking years of service. The pay is breddy good though.
>>
>>36443856
This, I fell for the chemistry meme.All I wanna do now is to program and drink beer every day.
>>
>>36443067
>The worst part is that you realise that you're not even top dog at that shitty university you attend.

The problem is you have deep psychological issues where you feel the need to be the best because you derive your self-worth from your external achievements due to not being shown as a child your inherent value and so you feel that anyone who achieves more than you (even if you try your best especially if you try your best) is worth more as a person than you.

>tfw I already sorted out these problems before I went to uni and now I genuinely am cool with not holding myself to unrealistic standards
>>
>>36444593
>tfw I already sorted out these problems
Is that you, Dr. Peterson?
>>
>>36444593
Not him, but I for one lose attention quickly when given a complicated task. I have never studied in my life and I just magically made it through high school. Now when the studying is more freeform, I'm fucking lost at even the simplest things, like what I need to do to get my degree, for example, I was informed that there is a lab exercise this summer where we actually get paid some unknown amount for working as a lab assistant and there are some requirements for that, some mandatory courses or some shut. I don't know how much they'll pay, what the requirements are, how I enroll into that course or what they'll pay us because I don't know shit. How am I supposed to know? I tried to find out, I got bored and now I'm drinking.
>>
>>36442980
Yes, and i am a studyneet recluse because of it, i hate this place everyone in it especially the dumbass professors
>>
Yes. Fuck university. Fuck this lame subject, the pretentious colleagues, the narcissistic professors, the sleepless nights and the endless amount of work. Fuck this all.
>>
same OP, you aren't alone
>>
>all these assholes that are wondering how anyone could fail college, as if brainlets don't exist
>>
>>36444905
This desu, maybe we were just born as cannon fodder in sandyland wars
>>
Why don't you just do what makes you happy, bro?
If you did actually manage to finish your four years or whatever, and get a job, make money, are you sure you'll be happy? And I don't mean the "I finally finished all my shit" kind of happy. I'm talking about the big picture.
I left college in February cuz I realized I didn't really wanna do that (mechanical engineering). I couldn't see myself working at a desk everyday and being happy with life. Other personal shit played a part in this too, but that's irrelevant.
My friend is going to college, and he hates it. He says he can't quit cuz his grandparents would disown him and kick him out. That's just no way to live.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.