[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love how normies say "Get a job anon!" and they give

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: 1466682448514.jpg (104KB, 534x820px) Image search: [Google]
1466682448514.jpg
104KB, 534x820px
I love how normies say "Get a job anon!" and they give one of these reasons:

>"You'll be earning money!"
Don't care about money at all anymore. Money can't buy happiness. I thought that saying was just a meme but it's true. Buying more shit doesn't change anything.

>"You'll be contributing to society!"
Society hates me for being a straight white male, so fuck society.

>"Your life will have meaning to it!"
My life had no extra meaning when having a job. More stuff was going on sure, but not more meaning.

>"You'll feel better about yourself!"/"You're self esteem and confidence will go up!"
Being some manager's bitch makes me feel WORSE.

Any other fake reasons they give you can think of?
>>
>money can't buy happiness
That's a complete lie, it's just a meme normies made up to make poor people feel good about themselves.
>>
>"You'll feel better about yourself!"/"You're self esteem and confidence will go up!"

No, no it doesn't. Specially if your in the service line of work. Some people just like to complain or bully the workers. It's rare but, it does happen
>>
>>36442043
I thought that too, but you'll learn eventually.
>>
>>36442007
Yeah, it'll partially alleviate your parents' disapontment in you.
>>
They lied to you. Having money brings happiness.
>>
To me, money is a means to an end. That end being 'retire early and spend the rest of my life playing around.'

Money is the thing that will bring my NEET years back to me, and in that sense it definitely can buy happiness.
>>
>>36442007

>"It builds character."

How does doing some monotonous tasks for 50 hours a day build character? Focusing on personal hobbies and contemplating nature or art builds character much more than flipping burgers or scanning bar codes.

>"You can meet people and make friends!"

Hahahahahaha do i even need to explain?
>>
>>36442135
Well, it doesn't bring happiness to me.
>>
>>36442084
Then you're spending it stupidly.
>>
>>36442084
Well, 10$/hr or some equivalent McJob won't earn you happiness, but if that's all you're good for, which the market gets to decide, not you, then you should probably reconsider your life choices.
>>
>>36442084
My Nintendo Switch makes me pretty happy
>>
>>36442152

Cuz you're poor
>>
>>36442186
I'm not poor, my net worth is about $500,000.
>>
>36442007
>Don't care about money
you want to starve to death?
>Society hates me for being a straight white male
i'm a straight white male and i have social connections,close friends,a fiance,get invited to all my relatives parties
>My life had no extra meaning when having a job
you can't find new goals and means if you just stand still in your life
>Being some manager's bitch makes me feel WORSE.
i keep being friend with the managers.they like me and introduce me to other people and find me more opportunities
>>
>>36442148
Has the lifestyle that your parents provided you with ever been truly threatened?

There are people working just to feed themselves or their family, and there's a lot of them.
>>
File: 1463109412074.png (102KB, 350x352px) Image search: [Google]
1463109412074.png
102KB, 350x352px
>>36442043
Nah, your post is bullshit.

I literally have thousands of dollars accumulating in my bank account every month (live at home, work from home, no rent/food/transportation expenses) and I'm a miserable fuck who drinks every night, drinks on the job, and shitposts on /r9k/ during work. Happiest I've been in my life is back when I had friends and gf. I could technically go anywhere and do anything, I could move to Brazil and work from there if I wanted to (as long as I have a laptop and internet), but it's been 2+ years and I've left my house maybe 10 times total. I have to force myself to play video games and watch anime because I seriously have no hobbies or interests.

Not having money probably makes you miserable, but having money doesn't necessarily make you happy by itself.
>>
>>36442225
>you want to starve to death?
If I ever have no money I have a few options for food. Soup kitchen, food bank, or even just finding things in nature to eat.

>i'm a straight white male and i have social connections,close friends,a fiance,get invited to all my relatives parties
I'm ugly and I have social anxiety, so it makes it far worse for me.

>you can't find new goals and means if you just stand still in your life
I had no motivation to get a promotion. It didn't matter to me because it would have just meant working more hours and being around people more.

>i keep being friend with the managers.they like me and introduce me to other people and find me more opportunities
You're a bootlicker.
>>
>>36442293
Why don't you buy friends and gf with money?
>>
>>36442242
>There are people working just to feed themselves or their family, and there's a lot of them.

Yeah that's the point. The only real reason to wagecuck is for money, and if you're already in a comfortable situation and don't need to provide for your kids or something, you don't need to wagecuck. Making up these excuses about building character or adding meaning to life is stupid. It's already a well known fact that most people don't like their jobs are are just doing it to provide for others. Why people rarely admit it is a mystery to me.

btw I'm not a NEET. I lucked my way into a comfy part time night shift hotel job where I mostly wait around reading or shitposting on 4chan. My mommy tried to get me to quit because I needed to be doing "real work" but I persuaded her I was fine where I am.
>>
>>36442321
Your complaint is akin to a man suffering from cardiovascular disease talking about how a decent income doesn't and won't make him feel better or healthier at all. Employment won't be some magical cure to your general unhappiness.
>>
>>36442321
>I'm ugly and I have social anxiety
being ugly is a meme.sure you can't get 10/10 gf but you could settle to 6-7/10.also you could take pills for social anxiety and workout tobuild your body.it's 2017 not medieval era
>being around people more
that's how you exit this stalemate in your life.knowing more people brings more things to your life.fun,drama,action....
>You're a bootlicker
i got better job from my first 2 managers because they introduced me to more powerful people
>>
>>36442333
Anon, if according to you, most people don't like their job is a well known fact, what is the point of having people admitting it beside for your own gratification?

Also, why do you assume that people who write about the positive experience they've enjoyed at a job are lying? Is it impossible for you to imagine that someone might actually enjoy what they do for a living?
>>
>>36442563

A quick Google search brings me this:

>Most Americans Are Unhappy At Work
>Are you feeling satisfied with your job? If not, you are among the majority of Americans-52.3%-who are unhappy at work, according to a new report by the Conference Board, the New York-based nonprofit research group.
>https://www.forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2014/06/20/most-americans-are-unhappy-at-work/#4a684d7c341a

Okay I admit that is a little lower than I expected, but it's still pretty big.

Also, keep in mind I'm making a distinction between a real job and a wagecuck job (yeah I'm shifting the subject a little). I can accept that people with real jobs can be happy. However, the majority of wagecuck jobs are obviously dead-end and the people working there are obviously miserable and just want to get through the day.
>>
File: spurdo1234322.png (7KB, 377x330px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo1234322.png
7KB, 377x330px
Society doesn't hate you for being a white, cis male, anon. It hates you for being a contrary, toxic little shit.

But yes, jobs suck.
>>
>>36442634
Most people have to start somewhere, anon. Real job employers like to see the proof that their potential employee is foremost exploitable. For most people, it means some minimum-wage job experience, for the less fortunate ones or who simply doesn't care, they end up doing it for life.
>>
File: 1486580325209.jpg (43KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1486580325209.jpg
43KB, 900x900px
"Just get a job" is the most bluepill shit ive ever heard. Charlies rant from IASIP is so fucking accurate it hurts.

>17
>faggot in high school
>still couldnt get call back from mcdicks

>21
>college
>"muh overqualified"
>to work at mcdicks
>think I can reason with hours and wages
>just need job experience and some fucking pocket change

Normies can fucking kill themselves. Why does it feel like they are the only ones who can do shit like get a job while its close to impossible for some of us
>>
>>36443023
Aw jeez, have you seen the type of people working at McDonald's? You are better than that, right? Right?
>>
>>36443152
McDonald's won't hire crippled literal retards, so they've got that going for them.
>>
>>36442084
My nintendo switch, a chock full steam library, awesome computer, and hundreds of manga books make me happier than any normie.
>>
>>36442007
Money is sort of important but a surplus is really more work than its worth.

The real reason to get a job is because it let's you understand the value of money.
>>
>Get a job
>Work experience cycle is true
>Ugly male so no chance anywhere
>Women tell me how easy it is to get jobs
>Don't even get interviews
>>
>>36443285
You're a frog staring at the sky in the bottom of a well.
>>
>>36443238
>McDonald's won't hire crippled literal retards, so they've got that going for them.

Uh yeah they will
>>
>>36442007
What do think will be better? Brooding while sitting inside a shitbox or brooding while sitting inside of a BMW?
>>
>>36442007
Sounds like you're a NEET.

What are you going to do when your parents tell you that you can't live with them anymore?
>>
>>36443152
>Aw jeez, have you seen the type of people working at McDonald's?

16 year old kids and spics who can't speak English?

They don't want some socially retarded 25 year old who's never worked a day in his life
>>
>>36443023
Did you look for jobs every single day for those 4 years? No?

Interesting.
>>
>>36443485
I am a NEET, but I actually live alone.
>>
>>36443534
>Have been looking for job for 3 years
>Literally no one is hiring white males
>Mention this and you get weird looks
The system is fucking terrible
>>
>>36442219
Stop replying to this obvious troll cunts.
"Muh elite rich NEET with no need to work" fantasy role players are true cancer
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.