[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Anons help us get a hobby I like videogames and anime, that's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

File: RTARENIKKIS.png (150KB, 284x276px) Image search: [Google]
RTARENIKKIS.png
150KB, 284x276px
ITT: Anons help us get a hobby
I like videogames and anime, that's literally all I do. What hobbies are related?
>>
Drawing, programming, music, writing and animation.

All those are actually creative hobbies too, as opposed to sitting in front of a screen doing nothing.
>>
Pretty sure Anime and Video Games already are a hobby. As for what's related, either some creative field like drawing manga, or something related to the types of shows/games you like (e.g. guns).
>>
If you guys picked anyone but the Red bitch you're fucking losers.
>>
>>36436607
>implying Kyu or Beli wasn't the top tier
>>
File: 1446357349006.png (219KB, 340x368px) Image search: [Google]
1446357349006.png
219KB, 340x368px
>>36436476

At some point the only thing I did was vidya and movies too, but somehow as time I got into contact with other stuff that caught my interest too, not even super related such as automotive, hunting, fishing, piano, electronics, so I think just giving stuff a try and see whether any interest catches on or not might be worthwhile.
>>
>>36437707
But how do you even get started with that?
I've descended so far I don't even know how to get out
>>
File: 460_11.jpg (343KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
460_11.jpg
343KB, 800x600px
>>36436476
Programming games, drawing pixel art, playing videogame music on instruments (guitar, clarinet, piano, bass, flute, violin).
>>
>>36436476
playing with toys, building models.
>>
File: IMG_0038.jpg (277KB, 1280x1107px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0038.jpg
277KB, 1280x1107px
>>36436554
>video games and anime a hobby.
Please don't tell me when someone askers your hobblys you say 'video games'
Loling at your life dude.
>>
>>36436635
>poo in loo
>anything but shit tier, literally
>>>/v/
>>
>>36437829
your work? looks comfy af, nice job
>>
I used to do nothing but play videogames and watch anime too.

Then I tried karate, I got hooked up on martial arts. Did 1 year of kyokushin before moving on to mixed and went on for another 5 years.

When I dropped out of highschool and started working jobs here and there, I met people who introduced me to other activities. My dad showed me how to play pool, my childhood friend showed me how to fiddle woth cars. Started working factory jobs which got me interested into machinery, so I went back to school to become an i dustrial mechanic. Now I'm a machinist because being a mechanic didn't work out much and I was far better in a machine shop.

I don't think there's a trick to finding new hobbies. It entirely depends on how curious you are to learn new things and how willing you are to jump in the unknown. If you are scared of meeting people or to be judged because you're not insta good at the things you try, then, obviously, you'll never leave your comfort zone and lead yourself to believe that it's you who is just not made for that kind of shit.

I encourage people to try something they've been drawn to, but never dared trying once in a while, because that's the thing about having diverse hobbies, you NEED to try to find out if you're made for it.
>>
I've always wanted to learn guitar. I'm 24 so I'm starting to feel like I'm too far gone to learn an instrument but that's probably a retarded way to think.

What's the best way I can start learning without actually having a guitar? I don't really know anything at all about making music.
>>
>>36437950
>What's the best way I can start learning without actually having a guitar
Buy a guitar, dipshit.
>>
>>36437936
>Scared of meeting people and being judged because you're not insta good at things you try
Exactly
>>36437950
I hear RockSmith is actually pretty good to learn
>>
>>36437950
You could dick around with a virtual piano in the meanwhile. Maybe learn how to use fruity loops, but that's probably gonna suck if you know nothing of music.
>>
>>36437976
I know. I was just wondering if there was some musical theory I should learn first. I'm just kinda poor at the moment. A second hand guitar is fuel for a week.
>>
File: prey-big-11.jpg (62KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
prey-big-11.jpg
62KB, 620x465px
>>36437931
It's from a game called Eschalon. I don't actually do art myself since i'm a programmer, but I like to collect images from games as inspiration.
>>
>>36438011
Fair enough, but you can't learn anything through theory alone. Honestly, you could probably find a second hand nylon string for like ten bucks. Check out some garage sales or whatever online trading place you have in your country.
>>
>>36438011
There's not much you can do without a guitar. When you do get a guitar you should just focus on learning simple songs you like with tabs. Don't put too much weight on theory, training your ear is much more important and that's something that comes a bit later.
>>
File: 61a8CGp5NlL._SL1500_.jpg (113KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
61a8CGp5NlL._SL1500_.jpg
113KB, 1000x1500px
You guys should all try building Gunpla, or just model kits in general. Even if you don't care for the shows, the engineering and detail put into the kits is pretty amazing.

Especially on higher grade kits like RG and MG. It's also pretty nice to see it all come together and gives you a sense of satisfaction once you get your finished product. Pretty cheap to get into as well since HG kits are $15 to $20 a kit and the tools you need to start out are just a pair of cutters and a hobby knife.
>>
>>36438872
I want to start to into gunpla, but the kits I'm interested in are really expensive and my autism prevents me from buying a kit without watching the show.
But good idea otherwise
>>
I've always unironically wanted to play DnD with a group but i don't know anybody and those stores that have meetings are all hipsters instead of neckbeards.
>>
>>36438973
I want to as well, the one time I went to a dnd session it was with super tryhard. I barely knew how to play and I don't RP at all, so I did whatever was funny rather than beneficial. I made a demon attack us and curse us, and I was laughing my ass off but everyone else hated it. Hopefully we can both find a good group to play with
>>
>>36436607
>>36436635
>not Tiffany
Mcfucking kill yourselves
>>
>>36439055
Tiffany was spot 2 for me tbqh
>>
>>36438872

I build war hammer and paint them. Can't play since the nearest GW is 20 miles away and I'm a friendless NEET.
>>
>>36436476
My love for video and anime have impelled me to achieve an intermediate skill in martial arts.
Specifically Wing Chun and Boxing
>>
>>36439083
>Watch Hajime no Ippo
>Want to learn how to box
>Remember I'm a giant pussy
Hope it works out better for you anon-kun
>>
>>36439098
It did
As I said I am already at an intermediate level of skill, I know I am.
The problem is that I haven't live sparred in years so I can't tell which side of intermediate...ness I am on.

I'm going to start taking up HEMA in a couple of days, probably next weekend or something
I would have gone tomorrow but I think I'm supposed to take a belay certification course
>spent so much time as a youth inside an playing video games
>just turned 25
>I want to live
I gotta learn piano, then I gotta learn to swim, and of course gymnastics and aircraft piloting are a thing too
>never having kids
>all this money is for me
>fuck diapers and formula
>>
>>36439163
It sounds like you have your life on track anon, that's pretty great
>>
File: 1492705374869.png (2MB, 1025x916px) Image search: [Google]
1492705374869.png
2MB, 1025x916px
>>36438947
Let go of that autism, my man. My little sister is into the hobby as well and she's built some mobile suits from series she hasn't watched yet. She just builds what she thinks is cool looking.
What expensive kit are you interested in?
>>36439079
I want to get into painting small scale stuff like that. All my pilots for my Gunpla models are unpainted because of how afraid I am of messing up on them.
>>
>>36439248
>Let go of the autism
Boy howdy I'm trying
Currently looking at Evangelion and Macross ones
>>
File: uuughh.jpg (185KB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
uuughh.jpg
185KB, 747x1328px
>>36439278
Ah, I see why. I bought this Eva kit for my sister last Christmas and it was nearly $80. Never built any Macross kits, but all the Eva related stuff are good quality. Except for some the pieces on the spine, which were a bitch to fit in for some reason.

Hope when you do finally get around to it that it turns out well. It's addicting once you get started.
>>
>>36439354
Once I find work I think I'll get into it. There were tons of cheap Gundam sets on hobbylink, are they considered a good site?
>>
>>36439079
I've been wanting to get into mini wargaming for awhile, any particular starting point or game/brand you'd suggest?
>>
File: 1492642467154.png (105KB, 460x420px) Image search: [Google]
1492642467154.png
105KB, 460x420px
>>36439402
They're a pretty reputable site. I usually preorder kits through Amiami, and buy from HLJ if it's an already released kit.

Gundam Planet is alright too, and they give a deal with any order including their nippers, you get free shipping.
>>
Fuck off this isn't going to be page 10-d that easily
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.