[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is being compassionate and caring looked down upon in todays

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: download (17).jpg (12KB, 243x208px) Image search: [Google]
download (17).jpg
12KB, 243x208px
Why is being compassionate and caring looked down upon in todays society? Is nothing sincere anymore? I feel alone in my feels, but i feel like everyone secretely hates themselves which makes me even more sad.

I just want people to see the good in themselves and others, the day I am become a full on misanthrope is the day I an hero.
I just want to believe in something again.

Do we really need another jesus character to see that we had the choice all along?

Why do you still fight anons?
What keeps you putting on pants in the morning?
>>
Pants? I haven't heard that name in years
>>
>>36429762
Inertia. I've just been getting up doing stuff for so long, it's what I do.

I honestly need an answer for this myself. I want to feel good about believing in people,m but I end up feeling like a coward copping out. Maybe it really is just the path of least resistance.
>>
>>36429849
>believing in people

Its not about believing in people, its seeing exactly where they are headed. I was there. You dont want to be where Ive been.
>>
>Help an old lady load heavy bags of feed
>Get made fun of for it by female co-worker

It's an abstract sensation when you notice your good nature is slowly starting to fall away from you as your persona attempts to fit in better with the average person that is a cunt.
>>
>>36429762
I think a lot of people have been very badly hurt and can't be kind because of it.

The 21st century world is physically abundant but spiritually scarce. And no I don't mean damned religion. I mean faith and partnership. The human capacity for belief in better things. Transformation and wonder.

I think we're due for interesting times and I'll keep going through motions until I see these times begin. I hope for survival.

Survival is the ultimate validation.
>>
>>36429762
That hatred you hold in your heart. It will consume you, and you won't come back.
>>
Not all of you guys are lost, maybe there is some hope. Either way, all we can do is try.
>>
>>36429876
I'm afraid I don't understand Anon. Where are they headed? And where were you?

Do mean things like seeing drugs destroy person after person while you just sit there, knowing it's going to happen each time, and just sort of do nothing? Or seeing people spiral out of control with depression until they really do kill themselves? Things like that?

>>36429927
It hits you like Nirvana - a moment of sudden clarity. Society is just taking everything from you, to the point of killing the goose that lays the golden egg. Or that's what it feels like to me.
>>
>>36429762
It's the exact opposite. People try to force you to feel compassionate. Feel empathy for this, feel sorry for that. Normalfags love to show how sensitive they are and if you aren't you are automatically different and don't fit in into society. I don't give a fuck about some "good" being anywhere, I'll just endure the rest of this shitty existance because I'm to vain to kill myself.
>>
>>36430015
You know, I think some of it too is just catching people on their off days. I've had shitty days before, and I've been the douche making everything a pain too. In a round about way, I agree with you - that brief glimpse at a person is no way to judge them.
>>
>>36430342
Lol no. Normal fags - and I've seen this, will feel bad for some shit on tv only to turn right around and treat the actual human being next to them like garbage. They simply virtue signal, they don't show any real compassion.
>>
>>36430400
Compassion is a meme. I've never seen anybody express what compassion is actually described as. The truth is, virtue signalling is compassion. There is not a single person who feels empathy on any deeper level than virtue signalling. Only because you pretend to feel it doesn't mean you actually do, so why even take the effort in pretending?
>>
>>36430304
No Im not talking about drugs, drugs were just a life line in a sense, they were a reaction to anger and feeling numb. When you feel numb long enough you see everything as a scam, you will analyze every last detail of social interaction and believe all of it is fake and it has "requirements" or that all people are out for themselves, people only respect you if you are a certain list of requirements, its not other people, its you.. if you walk around carrying a shit perspective, that is how you will interpret everything occuring around you. You might need help you might not, but you want to know something I really regret, not asking for help when I should have. I was like you guys once, arrogant, certain, smart, thought I knew everything, Im not saying you will wind up like me specifically, Im pretty fucked in the head, but I know what that anger is like, you have to prove you dont need anyone else because its all a waste of time or a lie.

Your right about people being fake, people following fads, people "acting" a certain way to be respected that exists, and most people are shallow, but its not about them, its about you. You need to respect yourselves, or life will take you under, because you are living from the perspective of society and other people, you are living as an observer. You are not living for yourself.

I know this goes against memeing but you asked me to clarify it.

Life is not about fitting a mold or being respected by a bunch of pussies, you find value in yourself and thats how other people will recieve your value, when you look out for yourself. Ive just been a part of a vicious cycle of anger resentment, and fear. Those people wind up alone, like my parents. Fear and hatred they wound up living lies.

end rant.
>>
>>36430593
I've just embraced it. I have issues, but I'm much happier than before. Everybody is out to get something? Fine. I just sort of accepted it, and it made it that much easier to just relax and stop trying to be so perfect all the time. I'll just get mine too, and I have to feel greedy or selfish or lazy. That's how I cope anyway.

>>36430502
Same thing. I just embrace it. That old woman got her tire fixed just so some douche can pretend he's awesome? Fine, but her tire still got fixed.

I think a lot of the problem lies with not wanting to the bad with the good, now that I think about it. You literally can't have one without the other, they inherently define each other. Just my 0.02.
>>
>>36430841
>and I have to feel greedy or selfish or lazy
I meant I don't have to feel like that...geez.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.