[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well guys, I'm enlisting in the National Guard on the 25th.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: ang.jpg (325KB, 1202x1202px) Image search: [Google]
ang.jpg
325KB, 1202x1202px
Well guys, I'm enlisting in the National Guard on the 25th. I'll be a Combat Medic. Why haven't any of you fags joined the military yet?
>>
>>36429583
>Why haven't any of you fags joined the military yet?

Because I'm still a probationary police officer and I want to get off probation first.
>>
>national guard
>military

This comment wasn't original surprisingly
>>
>joining the Israeli foreign legion
>>
>>36429583
>I'll be a Combat Medic
Oh, honey.
Didn't anybody tell you not to believe anything your recruiter says? You're going to take blood pressure, check rashes, and kiss booboos.
Congratulations all the same, being in the army changed me a lot and I'd join again in a second.
>>
>>36429896
What's wrong with that? He's in the Guard, he can go to nursing school.
>>
>>36429973
Nothing is wrong with it, medics are important, but based on his phrasing I don't think it's going to be what he expects.
>>
>>36429583
Cool dude, I'm in the guard too. I started as an MP and now I'm reclassing to forward observer. It's a pretty sweet gig, I met a lot of good people there. What state are you in? And what made you pick guard over active? Personally I wanted to be a cop as a side hustle.
>>
>>36430002
Fair enough. Is that original?
>>
>>36429583
I have diabetes so I can't
>>
>>36429583
Because it's too hard to be a spy.
>>
>>36430035
OP here. I'm in New Jersey. I wanted to go in the Guard because I want to finish college and get at least a two-year degree. School was never my thing. After college I'll probably switch over to active duty.
>>
>>36430088
Traitorous shits get the torture chamber. You never did your pledge so you're safe.
>>
>>36429583
>in talks with USAF Recruiter
>got a 95 on my pre-screen ASVAB
>no medical/judicial issues
>in the process of a credit check
>have to send him my transcript of 53 credit-hours to qualify for E-2 pay
>need to lose 9 pounds to be under max weight

I'm working on it with diet and running. Pretty excited if everything works out
>>
>>36429583
Im going in the navy as a GM. Pretty hyped
>>
Im going french forign legion.
I lost 30lbs after my last cycle, so i can do 4:30 miles and 35 pull ups.
They say they let you pick division based upon merit, so im going straight to serval to shoot islamodawuans
>>
>>36430982
How was the ASVAB? How complicated did it get? Did you mostly deal with math and English problems or did you get a specialized part?
>>
>>36429583
because I'm dumb in math
the military is all about math
to hard tbhh
>>
Because I don't want to give up my freedom, and potentially my life, in the name of a foreign policy I don't believe in.

Also, I just don't think I'm a good fit, desu.
>>
>>36431461
https://uniontestprep.com/asvab/study-guide
The test is 9 parts, about 2 hours long
Each part is very general but also rather easy to get tripped-up in.
I'd say the Arithmetic section was the toughest because it can be so easy to second-guess your answer when it's just a number
Just be sure to feel familiar with the terminology in each section and you'll do fine
>>
>>36432076
I've got a bunch of months before I'm going to be able to meet the max weight requirement for any of the branches. Is there any study book you would recommend in the meantime?
>>
>>36432147
Not really, no. I'd actually recommend just studying safe shop-practice, the basic parts of a cars and maybe arithmetic terms.
It's really not something you can study for, it's a measure of basic knowledge you'd have gotten throughout math classes and shop classes.
>>
>>36432379
I've got a fucking bachelor's. I haven't dealt with high school classes for over 7 years. Muh officer.
>>
>>36432769
you don't take the ASVAB to be an officer dum dum.
Not sure 100% about the process for going straight to OCS (I'm ROTC rn) so talk to your recruiter (or OSO if theres one available).
>>
I was rejected on mental health grounds and also partially for another reason. Gonna apply again next year and contest the decision if they reject me on mental health again. I'm kind of pissed off that I was diagnosed with a meme disorder like "depression" and how much it has negatively affected my ability to apply for things.

It's a shame because when they got me to do the aptitude test, apparently I scored "exceptionally well" without even trying, and I more than meet the fitness standards.
>>
>>36432970
All I know for a fact is there's an officer recruiter separate from the regular recruiter and that you need to be off anti-depressants for over a year, even though you can start taking them once you're cleared when you're fully in. Derp.

Speaking of depression, I've been pretty depressed due to life circumstances and some shit that's happened to me. I'm starting to turn around but I've needed to see a psychologist to help me get better. I know you need a waiver to get in if you have depression. Should I wait a few extra months even after meeting the physical requirements or is there a decent chance that I could get waived if I've been doing well for several months?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.