[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people compare this shit to Death Note? It's not

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: code-geass-988315.jpg (487KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
code-geass-988315.jpg
487KB, 1280x720px
Why do people compare this shit to Death Note? It's not even as much an intellectual battle as No Game No Life.
>>
They both came out the same time. They both obtain a godly power and use it to rule the world.

Light Taylor got egotistic and got himself killed
Lelouch let himself die for the greater good.

Light died and lost
Lelouch died and won

and for some reason there was frontal nudity in the second season when the show barely has any fanservice.
>>
because it has the same target audience as Death Note

Kiddie entry level animu - Naruto, Bleach, Dragon Ball, Pokemon etc.

Teen entry level animu - Death Note, Code Geass, Attack on Titan etc.

If you're an idiot you stay there forever watching newest teen shows at 40 years old, if not you advance to Berserk, Evangelion, Bebop etc. then later to Monster, Ghost in the Shell, Legend of the Galactic Heroes etc.
>>
>>36429613
I think this has more to do with what time you started watching anime than your age.
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>36429613
>mfw there are people who believe Berserk or Ghost in the Shell is for a more mature audience than Dragon Ball or Naruto
>>
Which Ghost In The Shell do I start with?
>>
>>36429749
None. They're all shit. Stick with anime that are actually good. They're popular for a reason.
>>
>>36429511
both are shit
banner of the stars/LotGH are the true patrician shows
>>
>>36429881
>banner of the stars/LotGH are the true patrician shows
Confirmed for shit taste.
>>
>>36429710
>everything is really a shonen meme
Stop it.
>>
>>36429511
>both gained magic voodoo shit because they were bored (light gazed out the window in class and saw the notebook while lelouch gambled because he was bored)
>both used it to change the world
>both are willing to kill to achieve their objectives
>both are in high school
>both have a supernatural friendo who follows them around who is the source of their power
>both killed their dads

BUT

>light is a psychopath who convinced himself he isnt
>lelouch is a pretty empathetic guy who convinced himself he is a psychopath

>light liked his dad
>lelouch hated his dad

>light didnt kill his sister
>lelouch killed his sister (well one of them)

>light started out "playing white" (in chess, white is the "active" side) but switched to black towards the end
>lelouch started out "playing black" (black is the "reactive" side) but switched to white towards the end

>light was a perfectionist
>lelouch was most certainly not a perfectionist

>light wanted to live
>lelouch wanted to die

>light's goal was selfless (ignoring the god complex at least)
>lelouch's goal was selfish (fuck literally everybody but my sister)

>light was a normal guy
>lelouch was an exiled prince of the country that subjugated the country he currently lives in

i can go on but they are very different in aspects but similar enough to be comparable as characters
>>
File: hei.png (730KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hei.png
730KB, 1280x720px
Ignoring the second sentence, they first aired out around the same time and featured similar protagonists (bored teen genius acquires an arguably evil power and uses it to take over the world/change the world for the better using arguably evil methods). It helped they came out at a time when many were teens themselves and series with anti-heroic protagonists better resonated with them than the more moral and idealistic heroes they were used to. Pic related is another example.

Of course the series themselves are completely different.
>>
>>36430010
Oh, I'm sorry. Naruto is better than Berserk. How 'bout that?
>>
>>36429613
>advancing from Bleach to Bebop
>not the other way around
>>
>>36430244

>try cosplaying Hei
>the mask looks dumb in real life
>>
Which is more intellectual? No Game No Life or Kaiji?
>>
>>36429613
>Evangelion
>Not teen entry level
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.