[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Texas here, what's it like living in the Midwest? I want

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (44KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 500x377px
Texas here, what's it like living in the Midwest? I want someplace to go where I can just be left alone.
>>
I live in Northern Michigan. I can recommend it. The rural areas surrounding Traverse City. You can have a big yard and nobody will fucking bother you.
>>
What do you mean? Texas has both big cities and rural areas just like the midwest. Sure there might be some cultural differences or landscape differences but I don't even know what you're asking.
>>
Like west texas with grass, trees, snow and shitty mexican food.
>>
>>36429427
If you can stand the climate, and can afford to live in the suburbs or the corn, it's OK. The Midwest gets a bad rep for being neither here nor there, there's absolutely nothing special about this place whatsoever, except for the zoos, I guess. Chicago, Detroit, great for a safari, not for much else. But to answer your question, people do tend to mind their fucking business here, in fact, the Midwest may be the most mild-mannered region in the country.
>>
>>36429427
northern wisconsin is pretty comfy and people don't mess with you
>>
>>36429633
Lots of Mexicans, yes.
>>
>>36429466
I live in Dearborn

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>36429427
It's probably the worst place in the world, and I live in one of the supposedly greatest cities in the midwest, Grand Rapids, MI.
>>
>>36429680
If you're visiting midwest cities go to Minneapolis over Detroit, unless you specifically want to see urban decay. Minneapolis metro is about the same size as Denver and Seattle and is similar kind of middle class slightly hipster city.
>>
>>36429427

Everywhere in the world has some type of isolated area you can find solace in. But what are you looking for?

North and South Dakota are great if you like farming and being away from people almost completely.
>>
>>36429466
>>36429696

I lived in northern minnesota for awhile in Duluth and it was pretty nice. Same accent as northern wisconsin and the upper peninsula.
>>
>>36429466
I live in a small white town in Michigan and it's great if you don't mind both extremes in terms of weather.
>>
Live in Michigan near the snoot capital that is Ann Arbor. I love/hate it.

There's lot's of nature, but in the Ann Arbor/Ypsi area it's just woods that are big enough to get really lost in but you can still hear traffic noises throughout. Albeit go a few miles out from the city and you're in an endless mesh of cornfields, forests, and marshes., pretty good for little adventures, maybe even a proper hike (albeit you will be trespassing).

It's also boring in the social sense. Ann Arbor, Detroit, Grand Rapids and Lansing are like the only decent cities for city stuff (although I'd assume you wouldn't care much for that anyways). I don't even really count Ann Arbor since it's all lame college or hipsterish stuff.

In less shitty parts of the state (ie up north or UP) I hear things are actually pretty nice, lots of virgin or second growth forest and fairly pristine lakes and rivers.

But if you're really looking to get somewhere remote, you should consider the deep south a little east of where you are now, or the pacific northwest.
>>
>>36429427
There are centipedes here which I didn't have in Oregon. That said, my income is nearly the same as it was when I was living on the coast but my money goes much farther here.
>>
File: House-Centipede.jpg (82KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
House-Centipede.jpg
82KB, 640x480px
>>36430006
Talking about these fuckers? They originate in the Mediterraneans but have spread to pretty much every part of the world, including the US. They're creepy as fuck but they also eat annoying bugs that eat your clothes and what not.
>>
>>36429751
Only go to minneapolis on week days though, everything is closed on the weekends and it is filled with homless niggers l, also dont go at night. St paul and the forgotten third city, stillwater are better than minneapolis most of the time
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (518KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
518KB, 1600x1067px
>>36430122
No I was talking about this guy I saw in my backyard. They seem to be everywhere up here.
>>
>>36430000

Loved western MI when I lived there, but it was indeed boring as fuck. But some of the nicest nature I've ever seen. Got to hang out on lake michigan during the summer with nobody around for miles which was awesome.
>>
>>36429720

Islamic capital of Murcia you mean
>used to live in Wayne county
>>
>>36430167
Agreed. St. Paul and Stillwater are both pretty cozy. But if you are worried about homeless people there are probably more in downtown st. paul than mpls. Stillwater's a nice touristy small town and a different thing entirely.
>>
>>36430174

That is so freakin' cool.
>>
>>36429427
Check out Wyoming it's one of the least populated states we have.
>>
>>36430122
I see these fuckers all the time, and I live in NC. But yeah, they take out other stuff like roaches and spiders, so not all bad I guess.
>>
I live in South eastern Michigan and it's pretty nice here, I live in an area with no negros but if you take a 15 minute drive in any direction it's not white or you are in the country. Detroit is meh just kinda feels dangerous, and cedar point isn't too far away in Ohio. The lakes are great, I go down to st Claire all the time and love it, plus UP is beautiful. Other than that boring and flat
>>
>>36430000
>In less shitty parts of the state (ie up north or UP) I hear things are actually pretty nice, lots of virgin or second growth forest and fairly pristine lakes and rivers.

IF you enjoy winter sports and outdoorsy shit it's paradise. Even I don't mind a night walk. I'm in Gwinn, so i'm in the middle of nowhere, and five minutes from my door I'm balls deep in the woods. It's pretty robot friendly, nobody bothers you, folks keep to themselves, and so long as you aren't causing anyone trouble, it stays that way. Also medical pot, so that's something else to do if you enjoy indoor gardening. There's like a handful of black people, and they mind their fucking manners because they know where they are. In the middle of nowhere, surrounded by openly racist deer snipers.

Everyone's a redneck white trash piece of shit doing redneck white trash things, but if you can ignore that and mind your business, nobody will interfere in yours.

And yeah, it's got some magnificent lakes and parks and wilderness. Swimming in Lake Superior is nice because the water's freezing even in summer when it's sweltering humid ass hot out here. Overall it's pretty nice, just find something to keep your mind occupied or you will go mad.
>>
Just came to houston texas from kansas about a week and a half ago. Fucking beaners and traffic. Niggers infested everywhere. Nobody speaks english. Fucking traffic. Fuck is happened to america?
>>
>>36429466
I'm actually headed up there for college at NMU
>>
>extreme weather in the summer and winter
>roads are also made of salt in the winter so cars quickly turn into rustboxes
>cities are broken down shitholes filled with nig nogs
>most people either live in indistinguishable suburbs or among endless cornfields
>have to drive hours to get anywhere worthwhile
>highest circumcision rate in the country
>youth are all hooked on drugs/alcohol
>almost no local culture
>only jobs left are working at walmart and such
just stay the fuck away. I'd rather be a hick than a midwestcuck.
>>
Midwest culture is so bland and i love it
>>
My grandparents are from texas and they moved up here to eastern south dakota due to them getting older. They love it here, yeah the winters are shitty, but the other seasons are amazing, good hunting and fishing, wonderful people, and no niggers.
>>
protip: stay the fuck away from Chicago.

and out of Illinois in general, actually, since Chicago basically runs the state government
>>
File: Wisgomsum.png (164KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Wisgomsum.png
164KB, 2000x1333px
NW Wisconsin is pretty comfy desu during all months but the summer ones due to the mud ducks shitting up my lakes
>>
>>36431918
You live in minnesota's half of wisconsin. Deal with it.
>>
SW Iowa is decent. We have a shit ton of corn.
>>
Who here /kingsford/ironmountain/?
>>
kansas is absolute shit. worst of both worlds
too many nigs and spics and too many religious nuts and shit politics. very dull. nothing to do but sit on the computer all day but honestly i'd be doing that in any state so meh
>>
>>36431889
Probably good advice.
t. lived in IL all my life
>>
>>36431049
>they mind their fucking manners

Nigga shit, you must have not been informed of my crew's activities. We roam the potholed dirt street, whisking between lines of corn and soybeans, looking for little skinny ass white boys like you. Hiding under last autumn's foliage, among rotted out tree stumps, in the old car rusting away at the end of the windbreak. And we're not your average nigga type you see, we're not like the childish try hard gangbanger's senselessly robbing and shooting around ill maintained housing developments. We operate with malice, strategy, and persistence, all for the tender white boy ass we all love so dearly. So next time you see some crops or shrubbery rustling in a peculiar way, and the sun is tending for the horizon, do think twice about which way you go.
>>
>>36432806
niggers just can't escape the fields, can they?
>>
How's Ohio? I see it get meme'd a lot
>>
>>36432972
Depends where in ohio, cities are comfy af and you're left alone moreso than in the country plus there's always things and resources around when you need them, however stray away from the country because you will find only corn and vehement christian fundamentalists
>>
I live in eastern Missouri and I personally like it here. In my opinion my state is pretty good because its like 35% South and 65% Midwest culturally-wise.
>>
>>36432909
You tell me with that fine ass of yours, white boy.
>>
>>36431049
>Gwinn resident calling other people white trash

Woah there buddy
>>
kc Missouri here, pretty dull I guess, not much to do in the city, lots of shitlibs near the city
>>
>>36429427
Chicago suburbs guy here. Everything was how you'd expect, just pretty normal. Like the high schools and stuff you see on tv. I found it hard to be alone honestly with rows upon rows of houses. But it is a nice place. I can see why my parents wanted to raise a family there.
>>
>>36430167
>stillwater
drove through there once at night and there was literal thousands of teenagers walking the street
I have no idea what the event was but they seemed to just be dispersed all around and doing nothing in particular
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.