[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tfw i read the unabomber manifesto in high school and now

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Venom Ted.jpg (56KB, 702x495px) Image search: [Google]
Venom Ted.jpg
56KB, 702x495px
>Tfw i read the unabomber manifesto in high school and now I've alienated all my friends by constantly talking about the human race is now completely enslaved by the technology its created
>>
>>36420565
I dig Venom Ted tbqh
>>
>>36420565
>>on r9k
>>just now alienating people
Hello newfriend
>>
>>36420565
Wher I can find this gold mine ?
Any file ?
>>
>>36420582

Here you have the complete manifesto.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/unabomber/manifesto.text.htm

have fun.
>>
desu dont fucking read it it's possibly the hardest redpill of all time
>>
>>36420565
https://archive.org/details/communistmanifesto_librivox/marx_engels_communistmanifesto_1.mp3
>>
>>36420914
outta here wit da commie shit plz
>>
>read the unabomber manifesto
>thinks humanity can live without technology, and that any society that did so wouldn't be instantly steamrolled by the first one that did

yeah sure it's great if you're a disgruntled idealist looking for a reason to blow up some civilians. but his ideas are in desperate need of expounding, and when you end up with domestic terrorist dickheads mindlessly reciting his stuff like it's the new gospel, it doesn't look good.
>>
File: intredasting.png (322KB, 304x444px) Image search: [Google]
intredasting.png
322KB, 304x444px
>>36420565
This is an interesting read, his talk on leftists near the start is really relevant to what's happening in THE CURRENT YEAR. I'll probably read the rest of this later, is it worth?
>>
File: Untitled.png (308KB, 1288x706px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
308KB, 1288x706px
>>36421021
would you prefer being a pleb anon? (pic related)
>>
>>36421198
>but his ideas are in desperate need of expounding

to his credit, he has basically developed every part of the manifesto more thoroughly while he's been in prison.
he's the kind of guy who anarcho-primitivists (even though kacyzynski was not exactly a fan of this term or of many of the people who professed to belong to this ideology) begrudgingly admit was pretty much spot on with his cultural criticism

it's also kind of telling that the best a lot of critics can offer is "well, how can you be a luddite if you still live in 'modern civilization' and use technology?" which is a blatant ad hominem that doesn't actually discredit the ideology, it just points to what zerzan described as the "necessary evil" of life in these times

the biggest issue with this sort of ideology is that it presupposes a period of time in human history when people lived in solemn communion with nature, or when people "respected" nature, or when people were not actively attempting to subvert natural forces and bend nature to their will. there are a variety of ways in which kacyzynski's idea of preindustrial society is based on a kind of collective mythology that doesn't stand up to historical scrutiny (granted, a lot of that scrutiny was unavailable at the time kaczynski was writing the original manifesto)

that being said it's mostly well-argued on its merits and he'd probably be at the intellectual forefront of this brand of philosophy if he hadn't mailed bombs to all of those people (but, on the other hand, he'd be completely unknown to the general public)
>>
>>36421378
What am I looking at here? Is this some sort of pseudo intellectual starter pack?
>>
>>36421399
What is the Open Syllabus Project?
The OSP is an effort to make the intellectual judgment embedded in syllabi revelevant to broader explorations of teaching, publishing, and intellectual history. The project has collected over 1 million syllabi, has extracted citations and other metadata from them, and is now pleased to make the Syllabus Explorer publicly available as a means of exploring this corpus. Looking ahead, the OSP's goal is to expand the collection and make it more useful to authors, teachers, administrators, and students.

I went through the trouble of typing that out for you now go read a book
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.