[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is dieting so hard? Yesterday I ate nothing but today I was

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 4

File: 1488847794359.jpg (64KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1488847794359.jpg
64KB, 633x758px
Why is dieting so hard? Yesterday I ate nothing but today I was so hungry I ate two entire multipacks of mars bars totaling 8,000 calories.
>>
>>36418141
>thinks intermittent fasting isn't a meme
>"I ate nothing yesterday why am I suddenly so hungry today?!"
>>
1) go to wherever you keep your food
2) throw away the stuff that's fucking horrible for you like candy bars or soda. if its all shit go buy new food that isnt shit for you.
3) literally just DON'T go out of your way to get in a car, drive to the store or mcdonalds, buy garbage food, and then eat it and complain. tie yourself to your fucking chair if you have to.

how is this so hard? i live on my own and dont even own shit like mars bars, literally no point in spending my money on expensive trash food when i can buy actual groceries that will sustain me and provide nutrition
>>
>>36418141
Drink more water, dumbass.
>>
>>36418141
>Starved myself
>made up for it by eating literally the worst thing for you

Its called moderation.
>>
>>36418141
You're not dieting you're harvesting an eating disorder u baka baka baka take it slow and steady AND reasonably or you're going to end up worser than when you started
>>
>>36418296
>>36418306
>>36418317
it's all memes. all that shit is just tricks to make it easier to do the thing that ACTUALLY is what's important; just stop eating so many fucking calories you fat fuck. dont try just one meme and give up, try all of them at once you weak willed sack of shit
>>
>>36418340
moderation is a meme too. you're just fooling yourself since what you would consider moderate is still going to be a net surplus of calories.
>>
>>36418296

If you are doing it to level your blood it isn't

If you are starving your self to lose weight for the long term it is
>>
>>36418306
well, eating well is harder if you don't have the habit to do so, i personally go and buy a bag of chips, and thats the only thing i eat for the day. Not everyday, but some day. However, im not that fat, little overweight, sure. I don't have the habit to cook a meal a day, due to college.
>>
>>36418374
Moderation isn't a meme if you eat under 1500 calories
>>
File: TQfmuGu.png (61KB, 1228x1502px) Image search: [Google]
TQfmuGu.png
61KB, 1228x1502px
>>36418141

>ate 400 cals
>burned 300cals
>worked out my chill and baked potato will be 630cals with cheese and salted Doritos
>still have 570 cals left to eat
>>
>>36418141
ex /fit/ fag here
DIETING IS FOR KEKS AND BITCHES I HAVE KNOWN FAT PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN HAPPILY MARRIED FOR YEARS.
seriously if you lift for any other reason than taking care of yourself or addiction kys.
>>
>>36418141
>8000k calories worth of mars bars
what the fuck
>>
>>36418374
Holy fuck you're stupid

There is a massive difference between eating 2 McFatass combos for lunch with a 900oz coke and having some chicken, rice and veg and water.
>>
>>36418141
You're doing it wrong you fat fuck. Do a rough calculation of your BMR (10x(your weight in pounds)) then count your calories and aim to stay a couple hundred AT MOST under it. Don't go excessive, you'll only fuck yourself up. I lost about 40 pounds in a year doing that and eating regular food.
>>
>>36418663
>I lost about 40 pounds in a year

I lost 30 pounds in 2 months eating 600 calories a day.
>>
Try ec stack. My blood pressure seems a little higher but a lot less appetite and there's apparently a slight thermogenic effect burning a few more calories.
It really is just calories in and out but there are ways to assist that process
>>
>>36418697
lol this, i lost 10 pounds in a week by fasting

i guess the price of being a weak willed fuck is taking a year to lose 40 lbs
>>
>>36418697
It may be more effective but it's also less healthy. The way I laid out is easier to shift into a permanent change in your eating habits as well, which should be the ultimate goal.
>>
>>36418730
>fat fucks who obviously have very little willpower in order to end up where they are now
>lol why don't they have more willpower shit is ezpz
come on
>>
>>36418736
>less healthy

wrong

calorie restriction is good for your body
>>
bro all it takes is some discipline
>>
>>36418778
i was one of those fat fucks before i started getting my shit together

people just want an excuse. i had diagnosed binge eating disorder so whats yours
>>
>>36418779
Not at that extreme. Or are you so fucking dense that you missed that calorie restriction is exactly what I advised, just not at the level you came back with?

>>36418797
Who the hell is talking about excuses, I'm just attempting to lay out a method that's doable for most people. I probably wasn't nearly as fat as you were to start out with either.
>>
Can someone give me advice on how to stick to under 800 cals a day?
>>
>>36418826
clearly you don't know the meaning of calorie restriction aka FASTING

the less calories, the better for your body

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14730366
>>
>>36418917
That's too much, starvation only works for a few weeks then your body goes into survival mode and it stops stone cold.

Figure out your daily caloric intake and cut it by 500 cals per day.
>>
>>36418942

>survival mode

FUCKING IDIOT DETECTED

disregard this post unless he can provide a link to a creditable source verifying his claim
>>
>>36418942
>That's too much, starvation only works for a few weeks then your body goes into survival mode and it stops stone cold.

This.

That's why starving African children never die because once you restrict calories that much the body goes into starvation mode and actually starts generating fat.
>>
>>36418924
>Caloric Restriction (CR), i.e., undernutrition not malnutrition
>implying 600 calories a day isn't malnutrition in any adult
>>
>>36418981
>starving African children never die
Are you fucking retarded
>>
>>36418984

>he thinks calories has anything to do with nutrition

top kek

do you know what vitamins and nutrients are? because that's what nutrition is. you can eat 5000 calories of potato chips and still be malnourished
>>
>>36418917
drink water every time you are hungry. write down every thing you eat. wear skimpy clothes in cool weather.
>>
its not hard you are just a retard
>>
>>36418981

>goes into starvation mode and actually starts generating fat.

oh look, another fucking idiot

those are gases building up not fat you fucking actual retard
>>
>>36419012
Yeah they do actually. If you're eating 600 calories a day on a regular basis your body will eventually start cannibalizing itself to stay alive unless you're a fucking 50 pound midget.
>>
just keep eating a shit ton of food op. If you eat enough your body will kick into overdrive and start melting away fat
>>
>>36418141
>diet = no eating
are you stupid?
>>
>>36419050

>your body will eventually start cannibalizing itself to stay alive

and guess what gets "cannibalized" first?

fat stores.
>>
>>36419072
Sure, which is why that can be effective in bursts, but the crux of what I was advising is a way to gradually change your regular eating habits, not just burn off a bunch of fat as quickly as possible.
>>
so is this the broscience general thread?
>>
>>36419089
it's effective as long as you keep doing it.

anyone with a brain knows that if you go back to eating 3000 calories a day you're going to start gaining weight again. willpower is a choice
>>
>500 calories in semen
>jerk off and eat a big pizza
>still lose weight
>>
>tfw want to cut off my manboobs
>>
>>36418141
Try being strong once a week at the grocery store instead of all day every day at home. There's lots of whole plant foods you can stuff yourself with all day and still be at a deficit at your size.
>>
>>36418393
Sounds like excuses. Cooking a meal doesn't take that long maybe 10 minutes depending what your making, eggs are great for you and they take 2 minutes to make same goes for rice.
>>
>>36419109
>as long as you keep doing it.
>eating a <1k cal diet for extended durations
Again are you just ignoring the advice I gave or what. In the full article relating to this I was able to find, where it was being tested on rhesus monkeys, they were still being fed diets with a calorie count in excess of their BMR, which is not what you're advising in the slightest. A <1k cal diet is not sustainable (unless your healthy weight is under 100 pounds) and will eventually kill you.
>>
>>36419173

>and will eventually kill you.

but long before it kills you, you will be at a healthy weight and will no longer need to keep losing weight via calorie restriction.
>>
>>36419217
Or, instead of attempting multiple radical diet shifts, you can go with a more gradual approach that is virtually effortless to change from a "diet" to a permanent habit. Foisting your instant gratification style on people is not going to help most of them.
>>
Anyway, nobody has good advice for sticking with 800 a day?
>>
>>36419268
i guess if they want to take your route they can be healthy and thinner a year from now and spend the warm months fat, sweaty and uncomfortable

top kek
>>
>>36419278
yeah, here's what i've come up with

don't eat more than 800 a day

don't eat less than 800 a day

seems solid to me
>>
>>36419293
And they'll be able to stay healthier with almost no effort because they weren't doing a fucking crash diet. It isn't just about getting the weight off, it's about keeping it off.
>>
>>36419322
seems like wishful thinking to me t b h

instant gratification = more incentive to keep going
>>
>>36418697

can you not see a problem with that?

1.you can't eat 600 cal a day for the rest of your life
2.you didn't learn to eat normally so you have no real skill to fall back on meaning you will have to starve you self again when you gain 40lbs
3.doing that is completely stupid since you are sacrificing your organs health
4.It fucks up your metabolism meaning when you eat the normal amount of required calories you will notice you seem to keep gaining weight
5.you will gain it all back

you made a short term fat loss in a life that has a finite amount of time

Just enjoy food in moderation
>>
>>36419316
fuck you
i mean i need advice as to how to stick with barely not eating and how to not binge
>>
>>36419356
It's pretty easy to spin that as a lack of willpower as well. No point in bothering to change things if you don't see results RIGHT AWAY.
>>
>>36419356
>instant gratification = more incentive to keep going
Yeah but again, you're going to hit a fucking wall, stop losing weight and get frustrated.

I went from 235 to 195 relatively easily over 6 months by just cutting junk food out of my diet.
>>
>>36419372
your stomach will shrink drastically to the point where eating a ton of food is almost physically impossible. you will make yourself sick before you can go back to your old ways

>>36419378

>being able to go long periods without eating
>lack of willpower
>>
>>36419422

>you're going to hit a fucking wall, stop losing weight and get frustrated.

how could that be more frustrating than realizing that after a month of meticulously counting your calories, you've lost 5 lbs?
>>
>>36419374
you don't it's pretty simple
>>
>>36419490
yeah exactly. if you really cant handle yourself around food then go somewhere that there isnt food. go for a fucking walk
>>
>>36419481
>how could that be more frustrating than realizing that after a month of meticulously counting your calories, you've lost 5 lbs?
It involves going in with the understanding that that's about how much weight you be losing per month and not expecting instant results. Basic math and all that.

>>36419442
>being able to go long periods without eating
>lack of willpower
Boy it's almost like will covers more than one situation, though maybe lack of patience or lack of stamina or lack of persistence would be better terms.
>>
>>36419442

> food is almost physically impossible
yes but its not permanent and over a gradual amount of time it will return and its not that long, within a few months you will be back to square one knowing nothing and you will repeat the same mistakes

Its the same with people who get their stomach stapled it doesn't last and if they don't learn how to eat correctly before they get the surgery they just stretch the stomach back and if getting your stomach stapled isnt a permanent solution neither is starving your self every time you want to lose weight

I know you feel motivated but it doesn't work in the long run, I know you are feeling that euphoria from starvation
>>
>>36419510
>It involves going in with the understanding that that's about how much weight you be losing per month and not expecting instant results.

yeah, or you could lose that much in a week and a half by fasting, and providing yourself other health benefits at the same time

>>36419510
how do you want to look when it's 80 degrees out in july?

you can lose 15lbs by then or 50, its your choice

sink or swim
>>
>>36419481
>how could that be more frustrating than realizing that after a month of meticulously counting your calories, you've lost 5 lbs?
You dont have to meticulously count. Keep track but basically: eat decent food. You can have pizza sometimes but eat a salad with it. Just dont eat fucking garbage.

If you drink soda cut that shit out right away. If its not in the house you wont drink it.

Also: this isnt about short term, this is LONG term. Wouldnt you rather reach a healthy weight then be able to maintain that for the REST of your life so you're never a fatass again?
>>
>>36419573
All is vanity. Plus, how many health benefits are you really going to get out of calorie restriction if you only do it for a month? The main thing that was talked about with it was retarding the aging process, and you aren't going to be doing much of that in such a short term.
>>
>>36418141
it sounds like you're trying to get diabetes. christ. if you're going to binge like that don't make it sugar...

look up help for binge eaters(BED). that shit is not healthy.
>>
>>36419547

>yes but its not permanent and over a gradual amount of time it will return and its not that long

becoming a fat fuck is a choice. most of the people on the biggest loser also ballooned back to their original weight even though they had personal trainers telling them everything they needed to know. being fat is a choice. overeating is a fucking choice.

> I know you are feeling that euphoria from starvation

?????

i do feel better knowing that i've lost more weight in a month than some people will in 3 if that's what you mean to say
>>
>>36419610
calorie restriction doesn't only have to be done with the goal of weight loss in mind. monks do it. priests do it
>>
>>36418697
How did you stick to it?
>>
>>36419640
Oh I know, hell I just came off of six and a half weeks of fasting for lent. And guess what? It's not done to the retarded extremes you're talking about in those environments by and large either. Probably because by and large they aren't doing it so they can look good at the beach, but to cultivate long term discipline, which does not come with short term bouts of crash dieting.
>>
>>36419691
obviously people fasting for lent are going to have different goals than someone fasting for weight loss. obviously. if you have the discipline to fast for a week then you have what it takes to lose the weight and keep it off. that's where the real discipline comes in. you give too little credit to someone capable of abstaining from food for so long
>>
>>36419620

why not eat 1200 and burn 600 your short cuts are not going to last and you will balloon back up once you spiral
>>
>>36419762

>your short cuts are not going to last and you will balloon back up once you spiral

the secret is to not continue your fat fuck ways

if you "spiral" then you don't have what it takes to lose the weight long term or short. all you're doing is giving yourself a bigger window. over eating a choice
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E484qiQXxzM

what's it like knowing this person has more willpower than you? 28 days and he changed his whole life. and you'll still be struggling to lose those last 30 lbs 4 months from now
>>
I discovered apple cider vinegar yesterday. It's supposed to be anti bacterial anti viral anti fungal, feed health gut bacteria give you good shit that fights inflammation diabetes etc. You gotta get the kind with "mother" in it. Mother is all that good shit that makes it a health supplement. I'm sure it isn't magic, but I think drinking 2 ounces of it when you wake up with 2 cups of water could make a difference. Or drink it whenever. Just have it replace one of your meals. It gives your tummy that nice hot feeling it gets when it drinks booze.
>>
>>36419824
I lose 120lbs in a little under a year the not psycho way. Dieting and exercise.

Its not hard to lose weight the proper way. All this talk about starving is actually insane.
>>
>>36419791

are you a women by any chance you are sounded retarded
>>
>>36419903
>not knowing what starving means

>implying being a fat fuck for longer is the "proper way"

>>36419922
don't call people retarded when your grasp of the english language is loose at best
>>
>>36419824

>puts on weight
>starves himself again

rinse and repeat

what a sorry life
>>
>>36419974
>tried to lose weight the "proper" way aka dieting regularly

>ends up gaining weight

>decides to do a 28 day fast

>loses the weight and keeps it off

really made me think
>>
>>36419072
And once its done with that it goes after the protective tissues around your organs, moron.

Also dropping that much weight quickly is bad for you, mmmmkkay?
>>
>>36420034

>And once its done with that it goes after the protective tissues around your organs, moron.

so when you're done losing weight, you stop fasting. moron. the same as when you are at a healthy weight after a diet. eventually, you run out of weight to lose. fascinating, i know.

>Also dropping that much weight quickly is bad for you, mmmmkkay?

citation needed. moron.
>>
File: 1490506014366.png (199KB, 941x887px) Image search: [Google]
1490506014366.png
199KB, 941x887px
>>36419996

>my diet isn't stupid because a kid on youtube called "the pro gamer jay" made a video doing it last month
>this is how I prove my diet isn't bs and totally healthy
>>
>>36420110

>this is how I prove my diet isn't bs and totally healthy

no, this is how

https://authoritynutrition.com/10-health-benefits-of-intermittent-fasting/

http://www.allaboutfasting.com/benefits-of-fasting.html

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/10-benefits-of-fasting-that-will-surprise-you.html

https://draxe.com/the-many-health-benefits-of-fasting/

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2015/10/interested-fasting-health-get-facts-first/

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/295914.php
>>
>>36420151

https://news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/
>>
>>36418141
Holy shit OP you're retarded. You literally did everything wrong.
Here, read this
http://pastebin.com/raw/93cLG9jj
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.