[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 18 and will be graduating in about a month. I had the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (360KB, 750x713px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
360KB, 750x713px
I'm 18 and will be graduating in about a month. I had the chance to go to parties and meet girls, but my parents didn't let me do anything, and now any friends I do have barely acknowledge. I'm extremely frustrated at the fact that I have never had a girlfriend and that I never got to go to Prom. Will it ever get better? Will someone please share an experience of it getting better? I feel cheated that I won't be able to go "ah yes the crazy things we did when we were young" when I am 40.
>>
>>36411309
Why do you want to go to parties and stuff? You know the people you meet their aren't the kind of people who will make your life better most of the time. If you're going to college, the people you'll want to meet are those that can help you get a job, or just people who are decently intelligent in general.
>>
>>36411366
I want experiences. I'm angry that I didn't have a first kiss. Just friends who aren't shit in general would be nice. I live in a smaller southern town, so the first thing out of a lot of people's mouths is something about Lincoln was the bad guy Lost Cause of the Confederacy and I just hate it here, but it's frustrating because it seems like so many other people have managed to adapt and have memorable experiences but haven't and I can't complain or talk to anyone about it I hate it.
>>
>>36411424
Hmm, I went to the prom in 11th grade, and It was not a positive experience for me. Maybe it would've been different for you, but I just can't stand being in a large place with hundreds of people with loud sounds everywhere.
If you are the kind of person who likes stuff like that, you probably would have done fine socially even with the restrictions imposed upon you.
If you do plan on going to college, make sure to join clubs to meet people in a small group setting, and you'll have social freedom if that was an issue.
>>
File: 1489649043397.jpg (18KB, 250x240px)
1489649043397.jpg
18KB, 250x240px
>>36411309
it would get better if you actually tried to make an effort to become the person you want to be. but that involves a lot of socializing and putting yourself out there to meet people, and the fact that youre on this board probably means youre too socially crippled to do want to change

i was lucky in that i stumbled into a good group of friends in high school and had lots of great experiences getting drunk and going to parties. but i learned that in college, if you want to do fun things, you actually need to have some charisma. i ended up spending all my time alone in my room because it was so much easier than trying to get people to like me or trying to get invited to parties. if you want to have good memories, it takes effort

my high school memories are very dear to me, even if theyre not all good ones. im glad i have that in my life at least.
>>
The coolest people I found weren't in high school.

Figure out your local music scene (EDM, local djs, production companys) and go to a concert or party you enormous faggot.
>>
>>36411309
People exaggerate or lie about their past all the time. The world's full of dishonesty.
>>
>>36411853
>involves a lot of socializing and putting yourself out there to meet people
I tried that and all it got me was the closest I've every been to offing myself.
>>
>>36411953
and thats why youll never have good experiences to look back on. experiences come from human connection.
>>
You were less nvuted to parties??
Get off my board rreeeee.
Jk

There's always college.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.