[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody realize that the internet is getting shittier with time?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (100KB, 610x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 610x310px
Anybody realize that the internet is getting shittier with time?
This is something that has been bugging me for a while lately, most people don't even notice it.
Take any online site/service and compare it to how it was 7 years ago. The average user on 4chan was more mature and the threads we're more creative, now it's the same thread talking about the same subject all day. Omegle used to be full of normal real people that you could talk to but now it's 99.9% bots and spam, I doubt anybody even uses that site anymore. Same with most social networking sites being riddled by disgusting prepubescent kids and ads.
Even entertainment sites like Youtube, were once a place for many great creators, now it's just an extra censored cesspool for your daily dose of clickbait and cringe.

Is this because more kids/teens are using internet as opposed to at least five years ago or what exactly?
>>
I would assume so, the internet has a reached a new age in dumbassery. I blame tumblr desu because shit didnt start getting stupid till they came around
>>
>>36401033
Well if you think about it, nothing has been as unrestricted content wise as the internet. Of course people would want to a: turn a profit from it and b: censor it to shit
>>
Stupid dipshit parents use the internet, then unleash their stupid dipshit kids to ruin everything because that's what kids do
>>
>>36401033
Phones and social media. After 2006 it was all downhill. The "old" Internet is never, ever coming back.
>>
>>36401033

I feel like 4chan has gotten more creative over time with highspeed internet, computer science skills, and multimedia software becoming more accessible. Back then we just got memes done in MSPaint. Now 50% of the user base knows how to make decent looking videos, use Corel Painter, use C++, etc. 80% of the userbase owns a highend computer, really expensive smartphone, and owns a $2000 camera and $5000 worth of sound/recording equipment
>>
>>36401302
>Now 50% of the user base knows how to make decent looking videos, use Corel Painter, use C++, etc.
>80% of the userbase owns a highend computer, really expensive smartphone, and owns a $2000 camera and $5000 worth of sound/recording equipment
What? where did you even get this 'statistic' from?
>>
i'm really upset by how bad /b/ is now

i know, /b/ has always been shit, but it was chaotic fun, and before this place or /new/ or anything existed there was some good discussion

now it's just... gay. like, really gay. and not even funny gay. "celeb worship" threads where every other post is "mmmmm anyone else stroking?" and cock rate threads, and "join our kik group", and just all this literal circlejerk stuff in general

this is recent, like 2 years, i don't... i got caught up in /pol/ for a while and didn't visit there. what the fuck even happened
>>
think our only solution is to migrate on more mature websites ^^
>>
>>36401425
92% of statistics are made up on the spot
>>
>>36401719

wiz is dead. 8 is far too moderated. the DN is far too impractical for regular use
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.