[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone makes suicide out to be something that's extremely

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1489789659847.jpg (336KB, 1200x1197px) Image search: [Google]
1489789659847.jpg
336KB, 1200x1197px
Everyone makes suicide out to be something that's extremely complicated to do properly, takes days to prepare, can be extremely painful and end up not killing you.

What's to stop me from just getting a plastic bag and securing it over my head with duck tape? Surely that can't go wrong? What would be painful about it? Wouldn't you just feel very sleepy, pass out and never wake up?
>>
>>36398798
I meant duct tape, sorry.
>>
It's painful and terrifying to suffocate. You'd thrash around to try and breathe out of instinct. Maybe even rip it off.

I heard you can't tell the difference between helium and oxygen so if you just breathe in helium you'd eventually pass out and die painlessly.
>>
>>36398798
Your body is built to detect high levels of carbon dioxide, which triggers you to start breathing in fresh air immediately. It's not a pleasant process.
>>
I actually tried it. I could stay calm for 20 breathes or so, after that I panicked. Then I had the impression that my arm was moving automatically to rip the bag of. It took quite a while.

You can do it as >>36398848 suggested. Or you can glue your hands together with superglue, but I was terrified by the thought to rip my skin of when trying to free myself.
>>
>>36398798
>What would be painful about it? Wouldn't you just feel very sleepy, pass out and never wake up?
What are you, 13? No. Asphyxiation is panicky and your lungs start burning. It's nothing at all like just going to sleep or everyone would do it at the slightest inconvenience.
>>
>>36398798
>What would be painful about it?
You've never be choked and never came close to drowning which is why you can say stupid shit like that.
>>
>>36398798
No. Your body rejects CO2 as dangerous and convulse against it. You choke. Then you year it off when you've damaged your brain through oxygen starvation.

The point about helium is that it tricks your body into thinking it's oxygen, and absorbing it. Although most companies dilute helium now due to a helium shortage.
>>
>>36399166
To be fair, these are 3 different reasons to panic:
1. being choked is not being able to breath
2. drowning is getting water into your lungs
3. having a bag over your head is CO2 excess
>>
>>36398798
Same reason you can't sleep with your blanket covering you from head to toe.
>>
>>36399116
how can you try to kill yourself when your afraid of ripping some skin off your hands man
sort yourself out
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0JISsjlghs&t=0s
>>
>>36399221
>The point about helium is that it tricks your body into thinking it's oxygen
not exactly. the point is that the body can't detect at all whether your breathing oxygen or anything else. if you can get rid of the CO2 you can breathe in every gas you want and you won't panic.
>>
>>36399275
I'm fucking afraid of wounds. I wanted a painless death, I never would have cut my wrists or anything. And the point was also that in the case I would have ripped my skin off I would also have survived, so that would have been a double fail.
>>
>>36399116
Inside, there is still a part of you which is attached to life. Focus on that and separate from it. Then death will become easier.
>>
>>36399491
Nah, I don't really want to die anymore. That was 6 years back.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.