[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw homeless It's come to this /r9k/. I resigned

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Bree.png (745KB, 587x599px) Image search: [Google]
Bree.png
745KB, 587x599px
>tfw homeless

It's come to this /r9k/.

I resigned from my shitty data-entry job and now I'm living in my truck. I have some savings but I don't want any jew landlord to have my money. No friends, no gf (ever), father gone, brother gone, mother living with her boyfriend who has two chad sons. Right now I'm sitting in a McDonalds in Rochester NY using free wifi and eating a really big meal as a sort of celebration but I don't know what for. When it gets late I'll drive my truck someplace safe and quiet and sleep beneath the tarp over the back or in the cab if it's safe enough.

Any tips / guidance?

Anybody else here ever been homeless?

Feel like killing myself real bad right now.
>>
>>36396213
since when u are homeless?
>>
Already posted this in another thread:
>>36396492
It certainly applies to your situation, but some of it is a bit too late, since you've already resigned.
>>
File: cosmic-hug.jpg (63KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
cosmic-hug.jpg
63KB, 500x382px
Hey anon... Suicide may be the best option, but feel free to try these first:

wwoof org
workaway info
helpx net
voluntourism org
the7interchange com
couchsurfing org
globalfreeloaders com

Books: "Evasion" (best)
"Off The Map"

Check out a website called "squat the planet", it has some good advice

Get foodstamps and the location of local shelters, clothing closets, and places that give out food as you enter a new area. Speaking from experience, you'll find it's rather easy to be homeless in some places, while in others it can be quite difficult. It always helps to maintain the appearance that you have money, and try to be as social as possible at all times.

Go to southern California. It is warm and the people are nice. Certain areas in the California valley require nothing in exchange for a $200 allotment of foodstamps per month; you might find it rather easy to survive in such places. Life in the Bay Area can be rather hard for a sojourner, though. I suggest keeping to the central valley.

Documentary "train on the brain". The basic premise is this female documentary maker travels across the US on freight trains and such.

"Hobo," by Eddy Joe Cotton for a modern hobo cautionary tale and "Rough Living: An Urban Survival Manual" by Chris Damitio. Both books offer tips for the road, ideas about how to find food and shelter, and useful lists of hobo lore, definitions, and things to avoid. For more practical information, try Duffy Littlejohn's "Hopping Freight Trains in America". A more complete list of books on hobos can be found at danielleen.org/further reading.

"You Can't Win" by Jack Black, an insightful look on life on the road by a man who made it his career.
"Down And Out In Paris And London" by George Orwell. It is a non- fictional account of living in poverty and hand to mouth.
"Steal This Book" or the wiki it inspired, stealthiswiki.org, for specific advice.
>>
OP here. Sorry, I'm back now.

>>36396258
Since today. The lease from my apartment ran out at noon today so I handed over the keys and left. Now I'm just here.

>>36396545
Thanks man. I worked the job for three years and lived like a monk the entire time, so I have some savings though not much by any means.

>>36397255
Thanks. I'm heading to the library tomorrow. Might take it easy a while and then make a real plan. I'm just exhausted right now. I feel like driving into the wilderness like that Chris Knight guy
>>
>>36397755
Really. Come to California lad.
You can "rent" rooms for $150-400 a month with Mexicans or park in secluded areas. There are always jobs here in Los Angeles. Ports always need people (I unload trailers with the heaviest boxes only 40lbs and get paid $75 per trailer with an average of 3 trailers a day in only 6 hours! You do the math! And I pay zero rent!)
Good luck dude!
>>
>>36398226
I'll think about it, and thanks for the suggestions. I really hate the hot weather though.
>>
>>36398826
I hate cold weather.
Oh. Live in car. Yeah, I guess. If you save $25k.. U can become part owner of a liquor store or mini mart and get guaranteed income of $10k-$15k a year.
(Parents are part owners of 2 and a food truck).
How much were you getting as data entry?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/nomadicfanatic

just get a cat and keep living in your van
>>
>>36399028
I was earning $31,000
>>
>>36399235
Ok.
Just craiglist jobs all around the country i guess.
Make a progress thread in a week or two. Im interested. Call it crossing America or Truck living.
Good luck
>>
>>36396213
>Anybody else here ever been homeless?
I was homeless in NYC for three years. Sucked big time. Eating out of dumpsters, panhandling, getting chased by cops, store owners and other bums is not a way to live.
>>
Drive to Argentina
>>
>>36399296
Thanks again. And good luck to you too.
>>
File: die.jpg (62KB, 400x340px) Image search: [Google]
die.jpg
62KB, 400x340px
>tfw might be homeless because I'm so lazy and worthless

it honestly doesn't sound so bad. as long as I have internet and I dont starve how bad could it be
>>
>>36399463
I don't know how you lean politcally, but far left groups have squatting and collective group places that are low rent or rent free. Join for the sake of shelter and if you don't lean left, pretend;
SMASH THE STATE!
>sheeeeit, ya might get an antifu qt3.14!
>>36399235
Same goes for you dude. Some lefty squatter's rights group can help with your situation.
Oh... So plz keep us posted in the coming weeks and give the thread name now so I can identify because 70% of my 4chan browsing is at /pol/
>maybe /hlg/ ;homeless living general?
>>
>>36399745
Bump so this thread wont die.
>ANSWER DUDES!
>>
>>36399745
how the heck do you find a far left group to squat with? how do you ask them?
>>
>>36400580
Internet. Here in Los Angeles, (i live in Norwalk) i was walking in Venice beach and some antifa like people were passing out flyiers for some squatting rights group. Google;
Anarchist squatter collective shelter
Or something similar. I know Oakla d is huge in this type of shit. Also search for communes (but beware).
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.