[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try to spend some quality time with my little brother (15)

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 23

File: IMG_0561.jpg (138KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0561.jpg
138KB, 633x758px
>try to spend some quality time with my little brother (15)
>no matter what we do he's on his phone 80% of the time
>if I ever ask him to put his phone away he gets mad and storms off
Technology has killed interpersonal relationships. Social media is a cancer. I feel like the man who can see in the Land of the Blind, or perhaps like a blind man in the Land of the Seeing.
>>
>>36394756
Why don't you just rape your brother?
>>
>>36394756
Why don't you try being interesting and maybe he'll put his phone down for a sec
>>
So glad none of my siblings are normies, but then again I don't live at home anymore.
>>
>>36394797
no fuck you, OP is right, phones have ruined everything, so has social media. people only say things and do things and act in a certain way just so they can show off to a world where no one actually cares or is watching. and nowadays you can't do shit without people taking a photo or filming something. I fucking hate normalfags, GET OFF YOUR FUCKING PHONE
>>
>>36394797
I've tried tons of different things with him. Vidya, movies, board games, just talking, sports... Even if he finds me boring I'm still his brother.
>>
File: Commissioner_gordon.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Commissioner_gordon.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>36394912
Have you tried raping him?
>>
>>36394795
>>36395006
Your 13-year-old edgelord humour is not even remotely amusing
>>
>>36395034
Maybe this is why you don't get along with your brother.
>>
>>36395068
My brother's addicted to social media, not retarded.
>>
File: What's the difference.jpg (147KB, 814x629px) Image search: [Google]
What's the difference.jpg
147KB, 814x629px
>>36395088
>My brother's addicted to social media, not retarded.
What's the difference?
>>
>>36394756
Maybe he doesn't like you being you are an autistic NEET who goes on /r9k/
>>
>>36395150
Maybe, but it's not just me he does this stuff around. Around my parents he's on his phone all of the time. Watching his favourite sport on tv, basketball, he's on his phone all of the time. He stays up until 2:00AM most nights spending his time on, you guessed it, his phone.
>>
>>36394756
who are you? his mom? try to be a little interesting. nothing is more boring than your older sibling trying to a parent, that speaking from experience.
>>
>T F W I turned My little brother into a little chad.
> t f w I supported him and encouraged into sports and other hobbies
> t f w he's really happy and treat me with respect and love

Your fault for not being a good older brother and not guiding him like you should have from day one
>>
>>36395194
>his favourite sport on tv, basketball
Why don't you just call him a nigger? It might piss him off and take his attention away from his phone.
>>
>>36395217
>who are you? his mom? try to be a little interesting
Okay, so what do you suggest? I've tried a lot of different things. At what point does he have to put in a little effort as well?
>>
>tfw my little brother is the most robot person I know in our family
>tfw no one he invited showed up for any birthday parties, only family
>tfw for years all we'd do is say hi and go into our rooms to vidya

he's 18 now, most likely KV and I've been trying to hang out with him more, he says he's asexual but I think that's just to cope
He's a funny kid man... he's just got no filter like i do
>>
>>36395104
We are all addicted to this place. What's the difference?
>>
>>36395254
That would be mean, anon. I love my brother.
>>
>>36395293
It's called tough love, anon. Do you want him to be addicted to his phone all his life or do you want to call him a nigger? Your choice.
>>
>>36395034
Have you tried to appreciate low-brow humor? If no, then you won't get along with normies or your brother.
>>
>>36395308
How is calling him a nigger going to help with his social media consumption? You might as well suggest giving him a prostate massage by force.
>>
>>36395347
I do like some lowbrow humour, but some idiot peddling the same "DUDE RAPE UR BROTHER LMAO" joke again after it fell flat the first time is not something I can appreciate
>>
>>36395375
I already suggested that, but you didn't seem to care for it.
>>
>>36395408
So you're the same fellow as the rape guy? Figures
>DUDE NIGGER
>DUDE RAPE
I mean, I know we're on 4chan but you're trying a little too hard.
>>
File: CCC_38_-_Gordon.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
CCC_38_-_Gordon.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>36395407
RAPE HlM
>>
>>36395254
this seems like the best solution desu
>>
File: Where do you think we are.jpg (73KB, 737x545px) Image search: [Google]
Where do you think we are.jpg
73KB, 737x545px
>>36395424
>trying too hard
Niggers and rape are entry-level 4chan material.
>>
>>36395446
Precisely my point. You're obviously fresh off the boat from reddit.
>>
File: terminatortaxmaster.jpg (49KB, 400x483px) Image search: [Google]
terminatortaxmaster.jpg
49KB, 400x483px
>>36395424
Has Op tried raping him yet?
>>
>>36395469
How am I trying too hard, while simultaneously using base level content?
>>
>>36395492
You're trying too hard to fit in by spamming that base level content.
>>
>>36395408

I'm literally face-palming. How young were you when they told you that you've gone full bonkers?
>>
>>36395507
That's like saying people are trying too hard to be healthy by eating vegetables. It's the bare minimum and takes literally no effort.
>>
File: 1302422484139.jpg (34KB, 440x604px) Image search: [Google]
1302422484139.jpg
34KB, 440x604px
>>36395528
He should have raped him, s m h right now senpai
>>
>>36395507
Fine, persuade him to engage in conscientious sexual intercourse with you. I don't mind as long as I see some brothers incestuous action.
>>
>>36395528
>I'm literally face-palming
Simply ebin my dude.
>How young were you when they told you that you've gone full bonkers?
I was L I T E R A L L Y born this way.
>>
File: 1301095321414.jpg (43KB, 472x570px) Image search: [Google]
1301095321414.jpg
43KB, 472x570px
>>36395578
Agreed, slowly massage his nipple while he is on his phone.
>>
>>36394756
>talks about social media being cancer
>on social media

inb4 reee 4chan isn't social media
>>
>>36395034
>he can't appreciate Gordon rape memes
I thought it was funny, party pooper
>>
>>36395487
>>36395552
>>36395619
Stop samefagging. Jesus Christ could you be any more obnoxious?

>>36395648
The difference is that I'm not constantly on 4chin and I'm definitely not on it when I'm with other people. I'm not asking him to stop using social media, I'm just asking him to be in the present when we're hanging out.
>>
File: 1492227071595.png (457KB, 1250x1674px) Image search: [Google]
1492227071595.png
457KB, 1250x1674px
>>36395699
*fa r ts*
You mad bra?
>>
File: Weeaboo.jpg (31KB, 600x547px) Image search: [Google]
Weeaboo.jpg
31KB, 600x547px
>>36395699
>not loving the tax master
Looks like someone wants to get audited.
>>
>>36395739
It's not the meme I dislike, it's the obnoxious samefaggot posting it
>>
File: 1329933649273.png (158KB, 454x404px) Image search: [Google]
1329933649273.png
158KB, 454x404px
Why is OP so uptight? Pull that stick out of your ass and then maybe your brother will want to spend time with you
>>
>>36395699
You really should share 4Chan with your family and friends. They will be delighted.
>>
>i'm the one who disrupted op's thread
>i'm his brother
Enjoying this time we're spending together, bro?
>>
>>36395770
Or maybe pull it out half way then shove it back in, repeatedly, in high frequency.
>>
>>36395762
If it makes you feel any better. I'm the rape/nigger guy and the tax master guy is his own samefag, so it's not like it's just one person shitting up your thread.
>>
File: technology is bad.png (154KB, 438x531px) Image search: [Google]
technology is bad.png
154KB, 438x531px
>>36394756
>>36394856

>boohoo technology is bad phones are evil society is corrupt, I as a 20 year am the only one who can see this

No. I was a teen in the 90s and cell phones weren't a thing back then.

People would still ignore you if you were boring or annoying.

When you tell people to get off their phone and pay attention to you, you're just being selfish.
>>
>>36395846
Or you can do something so disturbing or outrageous that they can't help but to pay attention to you.

For example, you can sneak up to the person and startle them by suddenly yelling very loud.
>>
>>36395846
I think you're being a little naive. The constant information and entertainment flow from social media can be very addictive.
>>
Put some shit in his food so he realises its not the best to ignore his surroundings
>>
>>36394912
>sports

if he gets on his phone while playing sports then he's pretty good
>>
>>36396027
He takes breaks every 5-10 minutes to go check his phone, is what I mean.
>>
>>36395999
This, spike his drink l, tuck him in and wish him a good dream.
>>
>>36396076
You could always grab it from him dunk it through the basketball hoop or throw it like a football.
>>
>>36395932
That's just being an asshole for a split second though.

>>36395944
I'm the one who's naive? I'm the one who's old enough to have seen society grow into the internet, and then grow into wireless internet and smart phones. I know exactly how it is.

Back then kids would just ignore you by reading a book or playing with their Game Boy or just putting on headphones and a walkman, etc.

Instead of trying to rip kids or people away from their phones and force them to talk to your dumb face, make it a part of your conversation.
>>
>>36396142
No, I think you ARE being naive. Undoubtedly people always found some way to brush you off or ignore you if they didn't want to talk to you or spend time with you. But what we're dealing with today is this widespread compulsion to respond to something on Facebook, to open a snapchat, to check Twitter. It's not that he's using it as a tool to ignore me - I can tell when he's doing that - it's that he's quite literally addicted to checking shit on social media. Like millions of others it has become a compulsion for him.
>>
>spend some time with little brother (19)
>we like the same games, music, movies and we're both interested in computer technology
>talk for hours about games, shows, movies, youtube videos, music, etc

We're a lot alike except I'm a failure. I'm a NEET with no gf and no friends. He's got a job, a gf, a car, tons of friends. He's pretty much the Chad version of me.

I can kind of see where I went wrong though. I dabbled too much in drugs and hung out with shitty people too often and my self-esteem got wrecked. Now I've got this low-self-worth complex where I feel like a piece of shit all the time, and that's my comfort zone.

pic unrelated
>>
>>36396204
>But what we're dealing with today is this widespread compulsion to respond to something on Facebook, to open a snapchat, to check Twitter.

So?

That's not a bad thing, those are social media apps. That's how nearly everyone under the age of 45, and sometimes above 45, socializes since they can't be around everyone all the time.
>>
File: 1431295923.jpg (51KB, 456x393px) Image search: [Google]
1431295923.jpg
51KB, 456x393px
>visit grandparents
>haven't been there for months
>they're both on their tablets most of the time
>they even have a fucking Facebook
>they wonder why I no longer visit them
>>
>>36396241
you're misunderstanding him and defending an aspect of the issue (the practicality of social media) that is not being discussed
>>
>>36396241
So my entire point has been that it is addictive for a huge amount of people and is killing interpersonal relationships with people who are in the same fucking room as you. It assuredly is a bad thing that people are addicted to it. Nothing is bad in moderation, but when you spend half your waking hours on your phone, how can that not be bad?
>>
>>36396265
>my brother is ignoring me and it's the phone's fault and not my fault for being both boring and overbearing
>>
File: 1473866097933.jpg (62KB, 400x581px) Image search: [Google]
1473866097933.jpg
62KB, 400x581px
>>36394756
>Technology has killed interpersonal relationships.
>Social media is a cancer.

thank god. Anything that keeps the normies from talking to me is a blessing in my book.
>>
>>36394756
I feel you. I have few friends, everytime I try to spend some time with them they're on their phones 24/24. This is depressing.
>>
>>36396285
>killing interpersonal relationships with people who are in the same fucking room as you

No it's not. see: >>36396295
>>
>>36396321
>>36396295
Okay dude, sounds like you're just unable to admit that people can become addicted to the constant updates and posts coming through on their phones. Like I mentioned in another comment, it's not just me he does this around. He's on his phone at breakfast, he's on his phone while ostensibly reading a book, he's on his phone while watching tv shows of his own choosing, he's on his phone around his parents, I have to assume he's on his phone at school as well; he's on phone constantly. So is life just boring, then?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (61KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
61KB, 1920x1080px
>>36396374
>So is life just boring, then?
Now you're getting it. Life has always been boring and humans have always been looking for bullshit to fill the all consuming void of relentless despair.
>>
>>36396295
>the phone's fault

it's a cultural and social issue we're having. One that is widely known and discussed.

Defend social media and phones, that's fine, but the only reason you could possibly defend obnoxious teenagers and young adults who spend half of their time staring at their phones, and not paying attention to the actual people talking to them, is if you are one yourself
>>
>>36396374
>He's on his phone at breakfast, he's on his phone while ostensibly reading a book, he's on his phone while watching tv shows of his own choosing, he's on his phone around his parents,

It's almost as if being at home with your parents and overbearing robot brother is boring for a normal 15 year old kid.
>>
>>36396524
You're the problem, not them.

You're the one who wants to rip their phone out of their hands and go PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEEE-REEEEEEEEEEEE.

The only people who give me the phone treatment are people I have nothing in common with. Even if they put their phone away and listen to me talk, it'll be just me giving a monologue and them blankly staring at me going "uh-huh".
>>
>>36396697
you kinda defeated your own argument that I was biased by admitting that you're a mediocre talker and a shallow person, and that's really why you wish everyone stopped talking to each other
>>
>>36396778
You must be replying to a different post, because I didn't say any of that.

I'm able to read social cues, if someone I don't have much in common with is looking at their phone for entertainment, I'm not going to be upset and try to take it away from them so they can listen to me talk about some bullshit they don't care about.

Likewise, the majority of people that I do talk to I usually have plenty of thing in common with them - or at the very least I'm able to make small talk and fake an interest in what they have to say to some degree.

People like OP and you are just selfish and inconsiderate of others.

Especially in OP's case, the kid is 15 years old. He doesn't want to hang out with mom and dad and his brother, he wants to make his own identity and talk with his friends about things they have in common. That's totally normal. Give the fucking kid some space to be normal.
>>
>>36396979
>I'm able to read social cues, if someone I don't have much in common with is looking at their phone for entertainment, I'm not going to be upset and try to take it away from them so they can listen to me talk about some bullshit they don't care about.

That's not what this is about. OP's talking about his brother, who doesn't have the common courtesy of looking at him when they talk. Nobody said anything about taking phones away either, except you. Most people don't respond to a dick move with another dick move.

>People like OP and you are just selfish and inconsiderate of others.
>REEEE LEAVE ME ALONE I DONT WANT TO BE RESPECTFUL OR OPEN TO CONVERSATION

>Especially in OP's case, the kid is 15 years old. He doesn't want to hang out with mom and dad and his brother, he wants to make his own identity and talk with his friends about things they have in common. That's totally normal. Give the fucking kid some space to be normal.

The kid goes to school, can hang out with his friend. If he spends literally every second of the rest of his time on his phone, then he's not asserting himself, he's creating distance from his family at all times.
>>
>>36397159
>Nobody said anything about taking phones away either, except you

mm-hhm
>>36394756

>>if I ever ask him to put his phone away he gets mad and storms off

>he's creating distance from his family at all times.

So?

That's what 15 year old kids do.
>>
File: 1471992802928.png (381KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471992802928.png
381KB, 500x500px
>>36395034

if you don't like it then fuck off asshole
>>
>>36397214
He didn't physically take the phone from his hands, and asking someone to get off their phone is not a dick move.

>That's what 15 year old kids do.

Yes, in that they forge their identity sure. Does that involve a complete cutoff from dialogue? It didn't until just 10 years ago. I don't know why you insist that there's no problem because there is and the worst part is the gradualism of it; if people now are absorbed by their phones and put effort towards making their lives look interesting on social media, what will the future look like?
>>
>>36397356
>asking someone to get off their phone is not a dick move

It is, it's selfish.

>Does that involve a complete cutoff from dialogue? It didn't until just 10 years ago.

How old are you?
>>
>>36397440
>It is, it's selfish.

Not if the person is in the same room. If you're gonna just sit there on your phone, you might as well not sit with them. Why is it so hard to understand that it's a dick move to either pretend someone isn't there or not take your eyes away from the screen when talking to them?

>How old are you?
20. I have a smartphone of course, I use it occasionally between classes, but I don't let it cut me off from my surroundings.
>>
people are still trying to lie to themselves about smart phones, they're trying to act like they don't go out in public then sit in a group with their phone in front of their face.

i refuse to get a smart phone because while i'm out, i'm out, technology stays at home. home phone, home computer, keeping it 90s, if you want to reach me, i need to be not busy, at home and it needs to be a QUALITY hour, don't call my fucking house passed 10pm you fucking goons.

this is a new era of disrespect and apathy and i'm not joining in on the party.
>>
>>36394756
>technology
No. If it's not phones it's music players blocking out people's ears. If it's not those, it's people being engrossed by a magazine or a book.
>social media
Social media is cancerous only to the internet, but that's beside the point. If the person is busy with their phone they would be busy with something else from a different technological era like a newspaper or so.
>>
>>36397544
>20.

Of course you are. 20 year olds have the whole world figured out like no one else.

Opinion disregarded since you don't know the 90s were the same thing smart phones or not. People would sit in the same room as you and ignore you with a magazine or walkman casette player instead.

>Not if the person is in the same room.

You want their undivided attention. You you, you you you, you want. That is being selfish.
>>
>>36398006
>20 year olds have the whole world figured out like no one else.
I'm sorry, how old are you? because I can't imagine you'd be over 20.

>People would sit in the same room as you and ignore you with a magazine or walkman casette player instead.

Yeah, strangers would do that. Not actual friends/acquaintances/family. Not nearly as often.

>You want their undivided attention. You you, you you you, you want. That is being selfish.

You have it all wrong. This is what's really happening:

>group of people having a good time
>one of them is texting things devoid of substance, basically a simulation of communication without the pressure of being you
>one of them says to phone guy: "hey man, why don't you take a break from the phone"
>phoneguy doesn't listen, because he's too absorbed in his little world. Scroll of Death ensues

now imagine if the roles were reversed, and everyone in the group is acting like phoneguy except one or two people
>>
>>36398218
I'm 32.

>Yeah, strangers would do that. Not actual friends/acquaintances/family. Not nearly as often.

No, you don't know what you're saying because you weren't even alive for most of the 90s, and spent the few years that you were alive in the 90s learning to walk and not shit your pants.

Don't talk like you have a crystal-clear understanding of 1990s social dynamics when 9/11 ruined nap time in day care for you.

>one of them is texting things devoid of substance

You don't know that

>hey man, why don't you take a break from the phone

hey man, why don't you not be the fun police
>>
>>36398405
>hey Joe I really don't think you should be smoking so much crack
>hey man, why don't you not be the fun police
friends don't let friends be addicts, anon. That's true with drugs and it's true with phones.
>>
>>36398525
>smartphones are now drugs
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>36398525
addictions are something that ruin your life and prevent you from functioning normally.

You're the one going around all NO NOOOOOO STOP IT THIS IS BAD PHONES ARE WRONG PAY ATTENTION TO ME

You not being the center of attention is not the same as people smoking crack, so being so dramatic.
>>
>>36398405
I don't need to have been alive during the 90s; it's common sense. Smart phones were a massive game changer in that they can not only be used to browse the internet, play games and listen to music, but more importantly communicate. Texting has made phonecalls obsolete and meetups less desirable.

>You don't know that

I know that the average person is not writing walls of text to their friends. The "great" thing about texting is that it removes the pressure of being you. You don't have to regulate the tone of your voice, your facial expression, and weighing your words is much easier when there's a "send" button.

>hey man, why don't you not be the fun police

so you accuse me of being selfish, and now you resort to this? "Fun" is what the others are having, not the guy texting with a blank look on his face. If he insists on texting, he could do it somewhere else. Or better yet, meet up with the person he's texting.
>>
>>36398623
It's not common sense, it's you being a 20 year old drama queen dipshit attention whore and assuming that it was better back then. It wasn't, it was worse in a lot of ways.

>"Fun" is what the others are having, not the guy texting with a blank look on his face

Is fun being the constantly-upset phone-police?
>>
>>36398594
>thinks that people having actual social interactions "want to be the center of attention"
>LOL what are facebook posts

You can stop saying it now. It just doesn't hold any weight whatsoever.

Besides, you said earlier that if you got someone to look at their phone, you'd just give them a big monologue, which is NOT how people have conversations. So you're clearly just projecting your own self-indulgence here. Pathetic
>>
>>36398623
>meet up with the person he's texting
Situations do not always allow that as proximity is a major factor in socializing. Being able to communicate long distances means being able to socialize farther away. Furthermore assuming it's one person is dumb, there could be more than one person they are conversing with and that would require more resources, time and effort for just chatting.

You sound like someone I'd stay away from and I don't even use kikebook shit, I don't typically pull out my phone when talking to people either.
>>
File: 2900-main-large-lg-c1500.jpg.jpg (29KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
2900-main-large-lg-c1500.jpg.jpg
29KB, 500x550px
can I just say
before it finally broke last week, I was using this in place of my 4S since I was tired of charging every night
during that time I'd get funny looks and second glances from everybody who saw me answering the phone with a simple flick

all these people... I'm willing to bet these are the same guys who'd have laughed at me for being on the PC all day
now they bring their online business with them everywhere and they can't even be bothered to notice people on the fucking sidewalk
like come on man, Facebook's more loyal than your ex, you can do that later
weird world

aight I really gotta do my homework now
>>
>>36398726
Oh, so you're saying that people talk to each other now more than ever, despite the fact that they're connected to their 200+ facebook friends through their texting and commenting their posts?

For a "drama queen", I think I'm not nearly as pissed off as you are.

>Is fun being the constantly-upset phone-police?

You really have a distorted view of things. I'm not "policing" anything. When I'm around, my sister's always on her phone despite the fact that I don't get to see her often, but I let her do whatever she wants. I don't mind that much because I think that makes her a bit of a shallow cunt, and if you don't see why, then you're just blindly defending the dull-brained fucks who depend on social media and texting 24/7.

>>36398801
> Being able to communicate long distances means being able to socialize farther away.

Yeah, except when it replaces actual socializing. Not to mention that because things have to be typed out, conversations are either condensed or dumbed down. And then there's the "pressure of being you" thing I mentioned

>Furthermore assuming it's one person is dumb, there could be more than one person they are conversing with and that would require more resources, time and effort for just chatting.

Yes, and because they're so busy having imitations of conversations with multiple people, their dialogue becomes even emptier.
>>
>>36399045
You can't "be you" if you're pressured. That's called a persona.
>>
>>36399167
Maybe "burden" is the word I was looking for. Because that's what machines do, they carry our burdens, and I'm far from a technophobe but I just think there are some burdens we have to carry, lest we lose ourselves and become mentally numb blobs of fat.
>>
>>36399228
It could be said the same for the medium you are using right now. There is even less burden because you do not have a social profile to tend to so you can say whatever you want with little punishment. You're using this medium to complain about technology and cell phones instead of the kind of people using them in improper situations. For all I know you aren't even OP and just arguing for the sake of it. It wouldn't matter, because we're talking and that kind of psuedo-intellectual shitposting meta on a belgian waffleiron support forum is fun in itself.

Like what you're doing now, that's texting. We could meet up but it'd be too much effort to coordinate and we are most likely interstate or even international in distance. You might think this conversation is of high value but to some people it isn't. That's how you view people using their phones. They could be chattering about petty normal conversation topics or it could be their boss making their phone go off. You would never know unless you start peeking at their phone and that's just as bad in etiquette.

Either way, some people simply do not wish to speak. You can choose to be bothered by it or you can just let it roll off of you. In group settings this cell phone behavior is more common since only one person should be talking at a time and some individuals in the group may or may not care much about certain individuals. You come off as a person that would demand I speak if I am silent for a time, so it's better we converse like this instead of in reality.
>>
>>36394756
I was on the same boat with my 10 y/o sister
The part about social media and phones is true but you have to teach him about it

I play mobile games with her and spend time with her doing stuff she wants to with limits of course, and also help her with stuff like homework.
Then after I while she sees me a friend and trusts me. I've taught her about social media and (((them))) trying to control her mind by using it. I also teach her to eat healthy, make friends, do well in school and not get involved in anything (((they))) want a young girl to be in, like breeding with niggers. She's also well aware that anyone who isn't white is usually not worth her time
Also she's aryan so she knows she's has superior genetics

If this method doesn't work just show him that you're the alpha male, be the boss. You're the man, don't get cucked by a 15 year old
>>
>>36399450
>For all I know you aren't even OP and just arguing for the sake of it.
I'm not OP.

>It could be said the same for the medium you are using right now.

Of course I use texting, of course I wouldn't want to stop using computers and phones and of course I wouldn't get my point across as well in real life, but that's because I've grown up with this, I've depended on it for years. That's a problem. The internet is amazing, it's my favorite thing in life, and that's I think a line has to be drawn somewhere.

>You come off as a person that would demand I speak if I am silent for a time

Ironically I am a reserved guy who spends more time listening than talking. I just think the world is not going in the right direction here. People are gradually more schizoid, alienated and stuck-up
>>
>>36395034
>humour
Lmao fuck bongs
>>
File: smug heavy.png (99KB, 242x255px) Image search: [Google]
smug heavy.png
99KB, 242x255px
>my little brother is a Chadlord with a hot girlfriend and lot of friends
>mfw he's jaleous of me, kissless hugless virgin with 1 friend, because I have a better job than him and earn more
>>
>>36399608
Then I was mistaken with what kind of poster you were. I can agree with those sentiments, though I don't think taking phones away will actually solve the problem. This is the sort of thing that is developed into our culture far too much to just quit cold turkey. As you've mentioned, people are more alienated and stuck-up. This is pretty much the only satisfying social interaction I have with people, talking anonymously over the internet. I'm fairly guilty of having schizoid tendencies, though that's more about being constantly rejected by others. I don't think that would change with or without social media or technology, I grew up with a cell phone I never called anybody with at most. Myspace was still a thing and it slowly transitioned into facebook near the tail-end of high school. The thing is that people are able to easily find like-minded people on the internet, it is extremely convenient. This board is no different, plenty of like-minded individuals. You just click on a thread you agree on and at worst there's a polarizing opinion for the sake of being contrarian. Can't do the same in real life, there's these awkward ice-breaking topics, have to be confident or else you're a "downer", etc. People have always excluded others for petty reasons.

The "burden" that was said earlier might be better described as "the desire to fit in". So you put on a masking personality and talk. In that way it's like having a postID like /pol/ does. To avoid feeling alienated and alone, people try to fit in by any means necessary. So as a result, there are people wearing many facades and with a bit of social meta knowledge this puts doubt into the minds of people that wonder "do these people actually like what I like?"

I think it's a problem, but I think it was an equivalent exchange. We traded one social issue for another. We couldn't be transparent with others prior, so now that we are, we only look for specific people.
>>
>go make supper

>anti-phone fag is still going at it

YEAH FUN
>>
>>36400343
>We traded one social issue for another.

Good way of putting it (although from this point of view the bigger issue is what it could mean for the future) and this is most evident with anonymity. The point you brought up about uncomfortable topics is one that gets to me in particular, because I've seen firsthand how it can stimulate thought, and because I think freedom of speech on the internet is threatened.

I'm not proposing a solution because I honestly don't have one. It's an issue that isn't as easy to see or understand as the obesity crisis for instance. There are tangible ways to counter the trend of rising obesity; creating awareness of what fast-food does to your body with ads and Ted Talks or whatever, encouraging exercise, etc. but with this it's not so simple, all you can do is talk about it
>>
>>36400707
Agreed. I can't say I have any ideas for actually solving these sorts of problems either. On the plus side, things do change over time. If our social issue has changed, it will most likely change once more.
>>
I would say that most 'normal' kids behave that way nowadays with heavy phone use, especially at that age. Perhaps give him some space, but encourage him to put the phone down when you are interacting.
The way I was raised is that you pay attention during a conversation and don't ignore people by doing shit with your phone or whatever else you've got. So while I'd rather people weren't on their phones as much as they are you've just got to work with it since it is reality for most folks these days.
>>
>>36394756
Two things:
A: You're boring.
B: Most of the time, time spent idling in phones is just time that would of been an awkward silence.

Try not to over think it, at least you're spending time together
>>
>>36398623
>The "great" thing about texting is that it removes the pressure of being you. You don't have to regulate the tone of your voice, your facial expression, and weighing your words is much easier when there's a "send" button
I don't think you text very often.
>>
>>36401021
Not anymore. I do know it's still possible to get carried away, but compared to real life, the fact that you have to send your message helps. And it's easier to apologize afterwards, or coming up with something that makes it ok
>>
OP, it is easy. Your lil shit brother is always on the phone and won't play with you? Break his phone. Still don't want to spend time with you afterward? Break his back.
>>
>>36401687
>Break his back.
OP would have to be some kind of big guy to do that
>>
>>36401730
21st letter 21st letter 21st letter 21st letter
>>
>>36401730
OP, is a phone despising big guy alright? He won't hesitate to break your phone or your back to deliver his vision of justice to the people of Gotham.
>>
OP can't handle a 15 year old with his phone
beat his ass and show him who's the man of the house
>>
>>36401895
Beat the phone's ass to show it who's the phone of the house.
>>
>>36395290
>XD whats the difference between tea and lemonade like they are both beverages wtf?
>>
>>36399456
Shes only listening because she is 10 dumbass. Id suggest you stop poisoning her mind before she gets older and just realizes youre a racist creep and stays away
>>
I hate it too man.
>brother's about 12
>burst into his room with one of those spray bottles, but I've adjusted it so it can jet across the room
>spray him and he's shocked, toss a bottle to him
>run around house using couch cushions/saucepans etc as shields

Fast forward to now
>go into his room
>hey bro, what's up? Want to go out? How's it going with the girlsss?
>throw something soft at him
>he looks up from his laptop, not laughing, not angry or annoyed
>just this deadpan look on his face
>"anon do you mind? I'm doing something"
>"OK man, just say when you're free or whatever, we barely talk anymore"
>he never does
>>
>>36402666
>what is puberty

and an original comment
>>
>>36402666
Kill him and store him in freezer so you'd be together for eternity, it's the only way.
>>
>>36394756
I have a little sister from my father's second marriage, but I don't live with them, also I'm very busy. I try to make up for the lost time by playing with her whenever I go to my dad's home, because I don't want to be remembered as "that guy who came into our house every now and then". desu it's boring sometimes because she's still a child but I try to give her attention no matterhow silly it is.

I also fear that when she becomes a teenager she will ignore everyone, only interact with social media and become socially retarded (it's already enough that I grew up with 4chan and became a cyborg, I don't want this for her). I also get concerned with matters like this, like you OP. But in my opinion you should try to take a differet approach. Instead of thinking like an adult, think like a teenager. See if your brother behaviour wasn't similar to your own behaviour when you were 15.

I used to evade talking with most of my family at that age, and flat out ignored my sister. But when I reached my 20's I became much more simpathetic to my family and people in general. Your brother will probably get out of this phase. Also, using earphones most of the time may just mean he's very introverted. Hell, I use earphones all day when I'm doing nothing and sometimes even act a bit mean when my mother tries to talk to me when I just want to be alone. But I'm still a decent person.

tl;dr don't stress out too much, teenagers tend to be shitty and he'll probably appreciate your company more in a few years or not kek
>>
>>36403183
That is a very interesting perspective. Anon, tell me, have you ever planned to give her a massage wand as a surprise gift? It'll grow on her and she'll be grateful of how considered you are of her needs as a teenager girl. She'll think of you every time she uses it.
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.