[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most out of place you've ever felt? I went

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 11

File: 1491884445039.jpg (62KB, 525x429px) Image search: [Google]
1491884445039.jpg
62KB, 525x429px
What's the most out of place you've ever felt?

I went to taco bell tonight at my university. It was midnight, I was hungry. Literally everyone else there was drunk and with friends and loud. I was sober and alone and quiet

oh god
>>
I remember at school in lunch I had no one to talk to. I would go to the restroom and sit in the stalls and go on my phone
>>
I feel sick all the time like I shouldn't be here
>>
Iceland is awesome.
>>
Last week I had to wake up extra early to commute to class. At 8am, the people were driving extremely fast and dangerous.
>>
>>36385278
everytime we go to a classmates' house to practice on a dance performance or something. damn those are the worst.
>>
>What's the most out of place you've ever felt?
Family events. I'm the only college age person there, the closest person to my age is in his mid 30's.
>>
>>36385310
i had acquaintances i sat with in order to fool myself into thinking i wasn't a loser

i never said a word at lunch though*

*to be fair i have a medical disorder. it's not (just) social anxiety
>>
>>36385278
Once I went to a NASCAR race. Sorry if that's redundant, I'm not sure what NASCAR stands for. Anyway I think I was the only person there who had ever read a novel for pleasure
>>
>>36385278

>Sober, alone, and quiet.

Wait, So what's the problem here?

Or is it that you wish you and friends would get drunk and hit up a taco bell?

As for me, I feel out of place at work. Everyone is so social and chatty. I occasionally join in, but a little piece of me is busted-- I really don't desire all that much conversation.

Know why? social anxiety.

That's why I don't feel like I belong... it's just in my head. I feel anxiety and naturally I act different. But at the same time, I'm empathetic to the fact that other people get anxious too, including the people in the room that could very well be talking to me.

It's OK op. You're gonna be alright. But get treatment for social anxiety
>>
>>36385440
>Or is it that you wish you and friends would get drunk and hit up a taco bell?

yes

i'd also like to kiss a girl
>>
>>36385278
Lost count.
Im a blank black
>>
>>36385278
I saw posters in my town for a Video Game Club meeting at the local library. I went and it was all high school kids with a few younger than that. I just sat there, 35 years old, and stared off at the wall while they ignored me
>>
>>36385278
the same thing sort of happened to me, but it was at the university cafeteria and I was the only one sitting by myself.

everyone at university is so vapid and treats it like high school with more sex and alcohol.
>>
>>36385278
Everywhere all the time ever desu.

I like it though.
>>
>>36386392
i would sit by myself and i had no problems with it. i'd sit with my friends too, but i sometimes (normally) prefer to eat alone for whatever reason(s). it would annoy me when classmates would come up to me to talk etc, but it's not like i'd push them away or anything. im social when i have to be, i just dont wanna have to be
>>
My first week of college when there was a freshman social event going on and I tried making friends and talking to people and just kept getting ignored. I then went up to my dorm to hear my room mate calling me a gaming loser nerd on a phone call to his friend.

The entire event was so bad I went behind a door and cried and the room started spinning like you see in the movies when something bad happens
>>
>>36385278
I feel out of place at parties. I just sorta aimlessly float from conversation to conversation.

I also find myself in random occasions where I'm not alone saying "I'm so fucking alone". I chalk that up to autism though.
>>
Africa, while I was volunteering there.
>>
>>36385278
Went to wholesale foods and I was the only black person in the store who wasn't an employee
>>
>>36385278
A Trump rally

I must have been 1 out of 5 non-whites in the whole stadium
>>
>>36386838
There's an entire continent of your kind. I'll even pay for a one way ticket for you there
>>
File: 1475961019024.png (113KB, 365x363px) Image search: [Google]
1475961019024.png
113KB, 365x363px
>>36385278
only white guy at 300 chink wedding. I couldn't tell if they were staring at me or not. They were.
>>
>>36386392
luckily at my uni at least 1/3 of the people at the cafeteria sit alone

i sit alone every day which probably most don't do, but still. makes me feel better
>>
>>36386919
I wouldn't have been able to tell if they were sleeping or not tbqh

That's how you could've blown it off
>>
File: IMG_1118.jpg (13KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1118.jpg
13KB, 205x246px
>>36386379
That's actually really sad ;_; fuck those little shits
>>
>>36386885
There's three continents chocked full of your kind, what's your point?
>>
probably the time I ended up alone downtown in a mainly empty ramen bar that was really authentic and sort of fancy
second place was probably sometime when I was at a concert alone
>>
I feel out of place almost everywhere. All the normies always seem happy and they all travel in groups.
>>
>>36385278
went to my friend's sister's wedding because he wanted me to play piano at the reception. i didn't know anyone there except my friend, so after the reception i spent the rest of the day standing in a corner and browsing my phone. also, during the dinner, i was seated at the same table as all the groomsmen and their wives, and had to sit there while they traded stories about the groom, whom i had spent a total of maybe 2 minutes interacting with.
>>
My feeling's of inadequecy prevent me from feeling at home anywhere/with anyone.
>>
>>36385278
>What's the most out of place you've ever felt?
Every single first day at a new school.
Everyone apparently got to keep their friends but I was always alone and had to hold back tears.
>>
>>36387026

I went to an Alvvays gig alone and it was amazing. Got to talk to Molly afterwards for like 10 seconds
>>
>>36385310
Man, High School fucking sucked. I had one friend who was super popular so I would sit with him and his friends at lunch time but I could clearly tell they didn't give two shits about me and there was really nothing I could do to change it. It wasn't even that I was introverted and anti-social, I would try to join in on conversations and pretty much get ignored.
>>
Childhood friend's wedding reception. Everyone was white, Mormon and had the classic Mormon cheery demeanor. I was one of maybe 3 non-whites in the entire reception hall and had no one to talk so I kinda just stood around awkwardly and ate cheese cubes and drank lemonade to the side until my friend showed up with his wife. Definitely caught a few stares.
>>
>>36386379
Why did you stay? I love video games but If I walk in a room with people 10-15 years younger than me in a public space I'm doing a 180 and getting the fuck out.
>>
File: big guy.png (90KB, 215x382px) Image search: [Google]
big guy.png
90KB, 215x382px
>be obese at the gym
>been going for 7 years plus
>"why lift if you're fat"
>still go to spite the norms

also trying to talk to anyone in my age group. I'm basically a man sized boy and have nothing to say when they start talking about real life shit.
>>
>>36385278
i was studying animation at a university that i specifically chose for its animation major. all my classes were filled with people who were very different from me. people who were very work driven introverts who came to college to stay in their rooms and do art 24/7. i wanted to actually have a social life. i remember one of my classes, i heard one of my classmates humblebragging to the class about how they spent 12 hours doing 1 assignment last night. after hearing that, i knew it couldnt take it anymore. i dropped out of that college the next day.
>>
File: 1416374158478.png (21KB, 250x175px) Image search: [Google]
1416374158478.png
21KB, 250x175px
the later half of my high school years were dull. Stopped hanging out with friends because they kept changing where we'd meet (maybe on purpose) so I gave up. Once I was sitting alone waiting for lunch break to pass everything felt so wrong, like I was only a half in a sea of wholes.

cringey tumblr-tier pic somewhat related
>>
whenever im out in public because im a shitty hapa who cant fit in with any races, people often ask about my ethnicity and it makes me self conscious af
>>
>>36385278

University. Everyone here has lots of friends, is smart, and has a bright future ahead of them. I haven't had a conversation with anyone outside of my family for 5 years, am dumb as a rock, and am about to get kicked out for bad grades. I felt like an outsider in elementary, middle, and high school too but this is a different beast. Everyone here is an adult now but me.
>>
in high school i used to pray and beg god that i didn't have to be alone at lunch
>>
i remember i was in a high income neighborhood near LA
every one there was white, good looking, and 3 inches taller than me on average. honestly felt kinda shit being poor and shitskin
>>
>>36387472

>I'm basically a man sized boy and have nothing to say when they start talking about real life shit.
>that shitty self-aware manchild feeling

When people talk about sex, drugs, or drinking I get anxious because I still feel like a small child (even though I'm in my mid 20s) and it feels "dirty" and "grownup".
>>
>>36388685
they're not adults. i'm a graduate student now, and i just laugh at the undergraduate kids who think they're hot shit and act like they've got it all figured out. college still isn't real life. junior and senior college kids aren't adults, they're fucking morons still.

don't misconstrue what i'm saying like i think i know what i'm doing, i don't. but college is not even close to real life. don't worry about it, they're just as immature and retarded as you are, they're just not aware of that fact and they have insane confidence.
>>
>>36387604
if it makes you feel any better around 80% of people in the illustration industry dont have an art degree or didnt go to an art college
>>
>>36388732

Thanks, anon. That actually makes me feel better about things.
>>
>>36385278

that time I left my bedroom...
>>
>>36388732
Eh projection. most college guys are pretty mature and have decent jobs already. I hate this shit your whole life you're warned of this "real world", all it is is switching from part time to full time work. Big deal
>>
All of my coworkers are twice my age.

Sometimes I want to get into sports just so I can have something to talk about.
>>
>favorite chinese food place renovates from a hole in the wall carryout place to a place with a very nice looking dine in area
>always feels self conscious when ordering carryout because i feel under-dressed in my messy clothes
I found another hole in the wall chinese place that was way better and cheaper nearby though so that was nice.
>tfw i moved to a small town and there isnt a cheap chinese restaurant here
>>
>>36389296
I had that happen when I was wagecucking. I worked for a while at an IT place. Everyone on my team was ten years older than me and married with kids.

One guy in particular stuck with me, because he'd always talk about how he used to lead this wild and crazy life (which I couldn't relate to) but had now settled down and now did nothing but work, take care of his young kid, and, when he had spare time, occasionally get some sleep. Which was horrifying in addition to being unrelateable.

A lot of people there, though none of them really liked the job, viewed it as very preferable to being at home with the wife and kids. I couldn't believe normies lived like that.
>>
Have you ever walked into the first day of a class and realise everyone in there already knows each other and the groups are formed?
>>
File: 1491949219247.jpg (272KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1491949219247.jpg
272KB, 1280x1280px
My mum and all her sisters are asian

They all married WHITE MALES

Out of all my cousins I am the only white one

Every time there is a family gathering I feel like a massive outcast
>>
>>36388732
The confidence they have that your using to look down on them for us the same constant that helps people in most situations; "real world" or not.

It's why people here who lack that are mostly shut ins that live with their parents, why they are out doing things. If you're just depressed all of the time, you're not prepared to handle anything
>>
>>36390084
Female napoleon is actually sexy
>>
>>36390724
Despite being a massive Habsburgboo I would fight for femNapoleon
>>
>>36385278
I'm black and I live in a country that's 90% white (Ausfalia). I always feel out of place.
>>
>>36390818
Go back then nigger. We hate you.
>>
>>36390818
You should return to your ancestral homeland. Now. You're not wanted.
>>
>>36385278
I thought red cups are an american meme. This pic is from Swedistan, right?
>>
File: 1486682036004.jpg (28KB, 410x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486682036004.jpg
28KB, 410x500px
Posting on /r9k/ now when I have a job and a girlfriend
>>
File: women-laughing.jpg (26KB, 300x230px) Image search: [Google]
women-laughing.jpg
26KB, 300x230px
>>36390084
>My mum and all her sisters are asian
>Out of all my cousins I am the only white one

Umm.....
>>
>>36390990
Not memeing. Dad is Irish, I ended up with white skin, red hair and green eyes.

I know lots of half asians believe they look white and aren't but I have never been mistaken for an asian before.
>>
>>36386820
>I just sorta aimlessly float from conversation to conversation.
I know that feeling. That's what I get drunk for
>>
>>36391037
post a picture then you fucking slanty eyed gook
>>
File: lHyWSnm.jpg (51KB, 750x730px) Image search: [Google]
lHyWSnm.jpg
51KB, 750x730px
>>36390818
dude just get ripped and cuck all the ausneets from this board lmao
>>
>>36391072
Will a hairy arm/leg pic do?
>>
>>36390854
>>36390903
I mean, I would if I could.

Tell your warmongering leaders not to bomb other countries and we'd be good.
>>
>>36391254
>Western countries
>Bombing nigger countries

Sad reality is the west doesn't even concern themselves with Africa, its that irrelevant.

The middle east is at least treated as a threat.
>>
>>36391290
The things white people don't know.
>>
My school was like 90% white. I knew there were black kids in the school but I never really saw them in class. Then I flunked geometry and had to retake it in the remedial class.... I was literally the only white kid in there and finally discovered where all the blacks were hiding. It was just endless disruption with the teacher desperately trying to scream over 30 chimpanzees. Can't imagine how horrible all black high schools are
>>
>>36391318
>The evil white ppls keep bombing us with food and medical equipment
>it was so awful :(
>>
Anywhere on planet earth
>>
>>36391335
Meanwhile I was in all of the advanced classes. Eat shit stupid whitey.
>>
I went on a tinder date once and I met the girl at a pot-house. As in a house full of marijuana. Like FULL of it. Bob Marley posters were everywhere, and there was feces in spots near the bottom of the wall. The date consisted of watching some dudebro play Witcher3 for about an hour (the highlight of the night desu) walking around the mall baked, and then losing my virginity in her car at the end of the night. It was a fucking horrendous time all around. Made me want Witcher 3 though.
>>
>>36386835
I've been thinking of volunteering for something similar lately, anon. In an attempt to get out of my comfort zone to cure my robot-depression. I take it because you're still here, it doesn't work?
>>
>>36387135
>i didn't know anyone there except my friend, so after the reception i spent the rest of the day standing in a corner and browsing my phone
See this is an example of where you make your own problem. Most people at a wedding only really know the bride/groom and not everyone else, anyone who sees you at the wedding assumes you are a friend of the bride/groom, which you were, no one gives a shit if you don't know anyone, lots of people don't know anyone. You can sit on a table with other people and say "I'm Anon, im a friend of the bride and they asked me to play piano here" and go on from there. It doesn't matter if you don't know the groom even, just say "hey man nice to finally meet you"
>>
File: 527436847981342.gif (72KB, 499x281px) Image search: [Google]
527436847981342.gif
72KB, 499x281px
>>36388717
>have a 32 year old friend who is a NEET
>still talks like a 15 year old HS try hard
>assumed to be a KV
>short and obese as fuck with diabetes
>half of us pity him
>other half seem to enjoy the freak show
>I'm his last of his real connections.
>Want to stop hanging with him but he thinks we are best friends
>not sure how much more I can take it because I want to hold a conversation with that doesn't feel like I'm with a 10th grader

He just brings the whole room down too, I've been in social circles with actual retards that are more fun.
>>
>>36385278
>be 21/m
>have barely 18 gf
>went with her to her senior prom
>getting wierd looks from her friends
>getting wierd looks from her classmates
>getting wierd looks from teachers
>tfw nobody interesting to talk to the whole night
>tfw didn't even get laid that night
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.