[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2004. Family got a camcorder >me and Lil bro make lots

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_ni4hj0fwBR1u8omg7o1_400.jpg (39KB, 320x290px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ni4hj0fwBR1u8omg7o1_400.jpg
39KB, 320x290px
>2004. Family got a camcorder
>me and Lil bro make lots of stupid home movies
>stop using it cuz the tiny vhs tapes it needs are hard to find
>dig out equipment and tapes for nolstagic reasons a couple years later
>laughing and having feels at the dumb films me and Lil bro would make
>suddenly cuts off 30 mins into tape
>its my dad
>he just moved the camera around the house, sets it down and stares into the camera
>goes from living room to bathroom to kitchen etc
>sets it down and stares
>I find this very disturbing and like a shouldn't watch it
>but I continue
>eventually cuts back to me and bros hone movies
>very disturbed but I put another tape in
>same thing as last time, deep into the tape it cuts off suddenly to my parents bathroom
> nothing happens but some noise, no one enters the frame
>goes back to shitty home movies but gets cut off again after awhile
> its just my dad staring into the camera for 15 minutes, he looks troubled
>tape ends. Look thru the rest but no more weird dad videos

Found these a year after he killed himself. From the time frame these were recorded roughly before he died. Its nothing drsmatic, but I've never been brought to tears and disturbed by anything like these tapes. Just thougt I'd share. I've never shared these tapes with anyone
>>
Apologies for saying tape so much
>>
File: 1460582468845.jpg (9KB, 198x169px) Image search: [Google]
1460582468845.jpg
9KB, 198x169px
>>36379525
are you going to upload the tapes?
do you know of any others?
>>
>>36379525
Your dad just wanted to be a part of your lives.
>>
>>36379646
I'm not sure how to make these digital with out one of those old cameras. But even if I could I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable uploading them. I know we had more of these tiny vhs taapes, but I only have 4 of them. I took all this stuff when I moved out. If there are others maybe my mom has them and hasn't said anything. I'm thinking its time to bring them up to her tho. His death ripped our familh apart. Really fucjed us all up
>>
>>36379728
I like to think that, but theres just something so off about the recordings. He has a look about him that im just glad he didnt kill us?
>>
If anyone is interested, im going to visit my mom soon. Shes kind of an alcohlic and if i have a few drinks with her i know i can bring it up and she will tell me if theres more. Ill update yall. Sorry theres not much to respond too,but if anyone has similar stories ill listen
>>
Op here. My original post was too long. Other stuff from the tapes was my dad recorded a female officer who pulled into the neighborhood . He zoomed in on her as she walked around and knocked on a neighbors door. Im so curious if my mom has more
>>
No one else has horrible secret relics from their family to share? Maybe this is the wrong board
>>
>>36381014
I don't have anything, but thanks for being one of the few people that still puts original content onto this godforsaken board.
>>
>>36381613
Its all good mate. Thanks. I know this story isnt much, but it haunts me none the less. R9k is done, figured there was tons of older weirdos who might have finally found bizarre family stuff but i guess not.
>>
Jesus dude that's fucked.
>>
>>36382857
Yeah it did a number on me. I was 16 when i watched them. Only a year after he died. Spent alot of nights crying and couldnt get his blank stare out of my head
>>
>>36379525
Still not as disturbing as Gameboy camera
>>
>>36383071
Whats that? Its not creepypasta right? I guess itll have to do.
>>
>>36379525
>tiny vhs tapes

do you mean cassette tapes?
>>
>>36383217
I dont think so. This was probably a late 90s early 2000's video camera. It only took the mini tapes that were identical to vhs. Im going to look them up and buy one if i find one
>>
>>36383312
Any of these, by chance?
>>
>>36383160
Wtf thats weird. It s the same picture i used in my original. I thought that was from a fucked up sonic easteregg. Got it from v. Strange coincidence damn
>>
>>36383312
I had that same type of camcorder with the little tapes.
>>
>>36383446
Micro mv is it. Thanks. Had the red, white, yellow cords. Plug em in and you could watch them on a tv
>>
>>36383460
Clicked the wrong post oops
>>
Damn, dude. I think I know your dad's feel. I've been suicidal for most of my life and I find myself thinking about myself a lot in the third person. Imagining myself in spaces, just trying to figure out how things sort of fit around me, or vice versa. It's hard to explain but I think what your dad was doing is a visual form of this. Filming himself in the places he feels at home, referencing it to maybe feel a sense of being or existence. When you see a photograph of yourself you get a sense of place, you're occupying space. To someone who is suicidal I think that's grounding in a way, and is a form of premeditation or mulling over the impact of your death in a visual way. Obviously I don't know your dad, so this is just an armchair interpretation, but I don't think it's something to necessarily be disturbed by.
>>
>>36383217
Nah OP is talking about older camcorder tapes. They look like small VHS tapes.
>>
>>36383648
That makes sense. I have felt the same recently. Ive tried to rationalize these videos in the past thinking maybe he just wanted to say sorry and explain but couldnt when he hit record.Its been ten years since ive seen them. I feel like i could understand better now.
>>
Perhaps he hoped you'd dig them out one day, and see him, and be reminded he existed, maybe he didn't feel as if he was a part of your life and wanted to insert himself into your movies, to be part of your life again.

Like >>36383648 said, perhaps it was a way to see himself occupying the living space, to see what it looked like with him in 3rd person. Who knows.

It's sad as shit OP, but I don't think he meant anything creepy by it.
>>
File: download (4).jpg (27KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
27KB, 550x535px
>>36379525
Anon he was trying to film a goodbye message but he couldn't say anything because of how sad it made him feel. I'm sorry.
>>
>>36383922
Dammit bros, ive got tears in my eyes. It feels nice to bring this all up. I hated him for so long, but im older and more understanding now._._.. Its why i made this thread to be honest. I truly feel bad for him, ive been suicidal but dont have anything close to what he left behind. I want to watch these tapes again and hopefully forgive him. Thanks for the words anons
>>
>>36384121
:( goddamit. Hearing others say it hits me
>>
>>36379525
Maybe he was trying to say something but couldn't get to it?
>>
Fuck. This migt be my last post for the night. Im full blown crying. Thanks for listening
>>
>>36384347
Godspeed anon and carry on his wishes
>>
>>36384171
Have a good night anon dream about cute puppies. :)
>>
>>36384418
>>36384427
Thanks. And i most def will dream of doggos. Its stressful but my dog is always in my dreams everynight. Yall have a good night, and if anyone has similar stories id like to hear them.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.