[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw everyone on /r9k/ has a job/is going to college, and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

File: 1489627424917.jpg (6KB, 200x210px) Image search: [Google]
1489627424917.jpg
6KB, 200x210px
>tfw everyone on /r9k/ has a job/is going to college, and still has hope for relationships with women
>I've been NEET for 8 years and don't even think about sex or women anymore

where the fuck do people like me go? i can't relate to you fucks anymore
>>
>>36377729
It's hard to be that big of a fuckup. Be glad that there are at least a few anons in similar situations to yours.
>>
I've been a NEET for 4 years and I dont think I can manage to be like this another year. It sucks so fucking much.

What do you even do of your time? 8 fucking years.
>>
>>36377792
Also, go to wizardchan once you reach lvl. 30
>>
>>36377821
>lvl 30 wizard

i have about 2 weeks
>>
File: sombrepe.jpg (74KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
sombrepe.jpg
74KB, 500x500px
>>36377729

>tfw 23, been neet for 6 years, dropped out of HS and never worked once in my entire life

my best case scenario is to be a vagabond and play an instrument for change outside a walmart. only problem is
>Can't play anything
>>
>implying that having a job is something to strive for
>>
File: 1461032537543.png (27KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1461032537543.png
27KB, 657x527px
Friendly reminder that you are NOT a robot if you have a real job and are financially independent.
>>
I've been NEET for about six years now I guess. I still like it very much and don't plan on changing my lifestyle anytime soon.

Why do you guys dislike it? It's like early retirement, there's so much interesting stuff to learn and to do. Why waste it on a job?
>>
>>36378142
I want to be independent
I want a wife, a family
Also I'm fucking lonely and this contributes to my insecurity a lot, there's no rest
>>
>>36378259
So you're a 'failed normie' essentially, in the parlance of our times.

I guess I never wanted a normal life and consider most of what it entails evil so the NEET life seems extremely agreeable by contrast.
>>
>>36378349
I'm definitely not a normie, but I definitely don't like living like this.
>>
we're still here OP. normies and cyborgs are just really loud
>>
>>36378475
But you want to be one it seems.
>>
>>36377729
I know. This was supposed to be a safe haven. Now more than half the users are in Uni and have well paying jobs. Some even have girlfriends and aren't virgins. It's lame.
>>
>>36378142
there's literally only one downside to it: It reinforces my natural fear of other people. Both because I don't see them very often and because others look down on you for not working. You can't get away from it - what's the first thing someone asks when you meet them? "Oh, so you're Anon... What do you do? Where do you work?"
>>
>>36378614
The actual divide never was between NEETs and wagies.
>>
>>36378663
On that I agree. I do my grocery shopping in small amounts so that I get out among the crowds regularly and take daily walks.

If I go full hermit for a couple of weeks without seeing other people I get heavy anxiety when I have to go outside. So I interact with people to keep my 'tolerance' up.

I'm no longer bothered about the second thing you mention though, I'm quite open about my unemployment. If I'm among smart people I give them a sincere argument for it, otherwise I just disregard plebs.
>>
>>36378733
Wanting to have a family is not a NEET/wagie thing though but a case of actually buying into what society is about it seems to me.

Throwing a kid into this world is the closest you can get to a seal of approval, because if you disapprove of society as it is you wouldn't subject someone you will inevitably love to it.
>>
>>36378790
how do you support yourself neetanon?
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 600x434px
I used to have a very high paying job, a nice condo and 9/10 gf. I went to the gym regularly and took care of my personal appearance. Now, 2 years later Im living with my mom, broke and can't gather the motivation to even get out of bed most days.

You guys may "REEEE" at me over this I promise, I am just like you if not even more depressed because I had everything, EVERYTHING and now I have nothing. Most of you guys are underage and have no idea what it's like to be truly depressed. I'm 23 and my life is seemingly over, I have given up. As far as I'm concerned most of you have it easy.
>>
>>36379143
You're not even 25 yet, what the fuck do you know.
>>
>>36379143
Was alcohol the cause or the outcome? What happened?
>>
>>36379143
>I used to have a very high paying job, a nice condo and 9/10 gf
>I am just like you
>just
>like
>you
what did he mean by this?
>>
File: 1471539221186.png (636KB, 527x598px) Image search: [Google]
1471539221186.png
636KB, 527x598px
Most people eventually have to move on to something else. Some reached a point where being NEET wasn't an option anymore, younglings find the board and shitpost during their college years.
I was a NEET for 10 years and eventually had to get a job. Goverment didn't like me leeching on the neetbux for that long and all family I have is either dead or lives on the other side of the country.
I sure as fuck don't care about women or the idea of sex anymore, haven't in years. Eventually you accept your fate and make peace with it.
>>
>>36378962
I'm a eurofag on welfare. I live on about 8k euros a year. Live with my parents and give them about 4k euros a year for room and board. I have a tiny room and eat relatively simple food. I also help out around the house and stuff.

Other than that I pay for my health insurance and some clothes when the old ones fall apart and some tech and a little hobby stuff. My only vice is that I like a bit of booze so I've learned to make that myself to minimise costs. Other than that I read and meditate a lot in addition to shitposting and like to fuck around in the yard taking care of our rabbit, making birds feel welcome and tending the herbs in the garden.

It's a good life if you get into a monastic frame of mind.

I used to fuck around with roasties for a bit in my trying to be normal phase but I don't anymore, it's better without.
>>
>>36379402
I should add, my family doesn't register as 'people' to me because I know and trust them so spending time with them doesn't alleviate anxiety when I go out amongst the masses.

I still need to periodically go out in order to avoid built up anxiety even if I see my family members a lot.
>>
>>36379143
>not even 25 yet
>>
>>36377797
Hurrr, better get a disgusting job to see your free time drained out of your life and be thankful to mr Goldsteinberg for the minimum wage, retard, now you don't even have to think, just be a good cuck and don't worry about having your life and youth striped out of you
>>
>>36379143
this is probably the anon that fucked his life over by being an alcoholic
>>
>>36377729
Most of them succumb to suicide before too long anon.
>>
>>36379143
You're young as shit friend, buck up.

Wait until you're going bald at 30 and still living with your mum and the 16yo cuties no longer want your cock.
>>
>>36378663
Fuck other people, this is YOUR life, you don't owe anything to anyone, especially not strangers. Do what makes YOU happy anon.
>>
>Being NEET for 8 years
>>
>>36377729
You belong here, it's the normies who have to GTFO
>>
>>36379572
I know right? What a fucking casual. 12 and counting.
>>
File: 199977.jpg (47KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
199977.jpg
47KB, 480x480px
I'm like you, OP, down to the 8 years a NEET. Oddly enough, what got me to start changing for the better was a few super introspective DXM trips, which I only did because I was desperate to get fucked up and my license was expired and couldn't get liquor. It genuinely made me want to be a better person and let go of ego, and I slowly feel myself becoming a better person, but that might be due to other factors.

When I was desperate to get fucked up and couldn't get booze, I made a post about not being able to find shitty ass Coriciden which I did a decade ago, and some cool anons pointed me towards Delsym, the generic Walmart version of it, and Dollar Tree Cough gels, all with nothing but DXM and no harmful active ingredients.

My current plan is:

-wait for my new driver's license to arrive(I already renewed it at the DMV)
-get a shitty job as I'm piss broke (applied to Costco and Walmart for night stocker, and will go for others if I don't get that)
-stay off booze (it was hard before doing DXM, but for some reason after doing it I'm not antzy to get drunk anymore). Try to do the same for weed, which should be easy, as I haven't smoked in 4 years, but weed sure sounds nice to do with DXM.
-apply for foodstamps (SNAP) and any kind of financial aid I can get for anything(I can only think of a Pell Grant for school but there's probably more)
-eventually go to school for nursing, some kind of IT like sysadmin or security, or some trade like plumbing or HVAC.

HMU if you wanna talk more.
>>
>>36379836
I must be the only longterm NEET that isn't a drug addict or alcoholic.
>>
>>36380756
Thats like bragging you're a piece of shit that doesn't smell.
>>
>>36381010
I wasn't thinking of it as a brag, more as a "wow I'm so fucking retarded that the only people as fucked as me are literal addicts". Like, at least you guys kind of have an excuse for losing control of your lives.
>>
>>36377873
Holy Christ, Anthony?
>>
File: IMG_0736.jpg (78KB, 720x743px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0736.jpg
78KB, 720x743px
>>36381071
I'm in the same boat anon, except the computer was my addiction. MMO's specifically.

It was perfection to me, creating a character that wasn't me, in a world not like reality, progressing in a normal manner completing quests and meeting friends. It was perfect, until I woke up one day and the magic seemed to vanish.

Now I'm lost and struggling to find myself, all alone, with no hope.

I used to believe we were all going to make it, now... not so much.
>>
File: 1478717213856.jpg (273KB, 601x2100px) Image search: [Google]
1478717213856.jpg
273KB, 601x2100px
>>36381487
World of Warcraft, which I started playing ten years ago in TBC, was the last thing I had a really intense, sustained interest (passion?) for. Something that I couldn't wait to get up every day and do. And then the game slowly changed and I didn't get the same high from it anymore. Until eventually I continued to play it because I felt compelled to, even though I hated logging on. I quit several times and then came back. When I quit for good other video games seemed bland. Like real life.

I guess there is a reason they call it an addiction.
>>
>>36381696
Same boat, same timeline, same endgame.

It sucks, I guess I broke the addiction since I no longer play video games but I'm in such a sorry state of mind, it's not like I do anything else productive.

I wish I could go back to those times, playing those games and thoroughly immersing and enjoying myself. Christ, it almost feels like yesterday. I felt like I was embracing the real me, every time I got on. I had friends, goals, ambition and like you, just pure passion.

Maybe I cashed my chips in early and will suffer for the rest of my life. It's sucks, I see no hope in the future.
>>
LISTEN UP BITCHEzZzZ

just because someone has had sex, someone has friends, a job, or an education DOESN'T mean they can't be a robot

I've had all of the above, yet I sit at home every weekend watching fucking streams on twitch.

technology evolves, it's only logical that machines get closer and closer to mankind every couple of years or so, don't be upset about being stuck in the past

we must all band together, unite and fight the normie scum, turn this planet into a slag heap and build it the way we see fit!

thank you for bringing out my inner autist
>>
>>36381999

Robot means virgin. Stop this nonsense. Why are you so obsessed with trying to fit in here? Being a robot isn't something you would want to be. You should think to yourself "Thank god I'm not a robot". Not try to desperately change the term so it fits you.
>>
>>36377729
I usually don't reveal this but I am nearly 32 and have been a NEET since 2004, I got a job after flunking my 3rd year of britbong college (age 19) but sort of sunk into NEETdom after disappointment after disappointment

This might change in the next few months though as I am going to tell my dad I think I might need mental healthcare and I have been doing cardio for months which has helped me think more clearly, also I have been learning javascript. then after I am medicated and more like a normy I am going to get a job

I think people like us reach a plateau. We either keep going down until we die or we reach an equilibrium.

I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do in the normy world but I am going to pledge not to flip out and kill normies, just see how far I can go. We are all going to die someday anyway so you might as well use your only life to try different things to see what works before going back to eternity. You come from eternity and go back to it, there is nothing to fear.
>>
>>36382259
Grats on coming to terms with your mental health and actually doing something about it
>>
>>36382104
oh trust me, i am grateful that i'm not a true robot

but automatons and cyborgs are cut from the same cloth, no?

if you put a petty thief and a serial killer in the same room, aren't they both still criminals?
>>
>>36377729

was neet for solid 4 years.

got job and it makes sense how most everyone falls into this trap.

instead of wondering "what to do" you suddenly have some sense of purpose, no matter how trivial.

you at least leave the house and interact with customers/coworkers

realize there are so many fucking miserable people just like you just working to get by.

realize your best time as NEET was the ability to just sit down and day dream not worry about supervisor or shit customers or both.
>>
>>36379143
>I'm 23

fucking lel

gtfo there are 30+ year old neets or those whove only had shit wage jobs
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.