[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dad is dying and I'm thinking about attempting quantum

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: t3_189_2.png (109KB, 560x354px) Image search: [Google]
t3_189_2.png
109KB, 560x354px
My dad is dying and I'm thinking about attempting quantum suicide to try and get to a reality where he will survive.

From my understanding if I jump in front of a car and survive it means ill have gone to a new earth via conscious travel and or die. Should I try it or just leave it alone?
>>
>>36377709
how do you know he will die in this reality?
>>
>>36377709
>Quantum suicide
That never works. Try a seismic suicide, the geological shockwaves will restart your dad's life, your heart, and the natural disasters in Haiti.
>>
>>36377831
The doctor says he suffered brain damage before being revived and in his comatose state can't breath on his own. If he is disconnected will die. He also said there is an incredibly think chance he will breath on his own again. So thin it'll likely not happen.

But what I'm thinking is I can play the universe odds and try and get to a reality where that thin chance happens.
>>
>>36378018
how do you know you are not in the universe where that thin chance happens?
>>
>>36378062
This. At least make sure your dad actually dies before committing sudoku for no reason.

sorry about your dad op
>>
>>36378062
I don't and it bugs me. I can play it out here and see where it goes, but if I do and he dies I can No longer QS to a world he'll survive because it would all be worlds in which he died.

On the other hand QS is all b.s. and ill end up just dead myself which I feel like being already as I watch him slowly deteriorating.
>>
>>36377709
Even if quantum suicide wasn't bullshit (it is) it only changes your own chance of surviving; doesn't affect the rest of the universe in any way. There's nothing you can do, OP.
>>
>>36377709
how did you arrive at the conclusion that it would magically make you travel to a parallel world? a suicide attempt doesn't make you travel to a parallel world any more than rolling the dice and getting 6 would. quantum suicide and quantum immortality would also only make sense if your method of suicide hinged upon a singular quantum event (like a gas chamber triggered by a very specific particle detector reading), which jumping in front of a car definitely is not. QS is merely a thought experiment impossible to falsify at the macro scale.
>>
>>36378324
The way its been described is why I think it would be like traveling to a new earth.
>>
File: 1489424449707.png (206KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489424449707.png
206KB, 800x800px
>>36377709
I hope you realize you haven't a fucking clue about quantum mechanics OP and so it's best not to rely on your "understanding" of the subject for anything.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.