[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Goldenballs is a British game show where the final round

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10

File: golden-balls-up.jpg (24KB, 600x332px)
golden-balls-up.jpg
24KB, 600x332px
>Goldenballs is a British game show where the final round culminates in the last two contestants deciding to either split the prizemoney or attempt to steal it all for themselves
>If both players split they each take half of the prize
>If one player splits and the other steals, the stealer takes all the money for themselves
>If both players steal, they both receive nothing
>research found that the young male players are less cooperative than young females, but this gender effect reverses for older contestants as the men become increasingly more cooperative as their age increases.
>Upon analysis of all the mixed gender final rounds, it was found that men lost to women at a ratio of 7-2
what does it all mean?
>>
>>36369738
That it makes for good television, but is meaningless as a sample size for any real research.

Stop reading into it too much, replace the males and you could see completely different answers. We are more then just our genders, we all make different choices.
>>
If the other player steals you get nothing no matter what you took.
If the other player splits you get more if you steal.
So you always steal no matter what.
>>
>>36369738
I would steal in hopes that Im fucking over the other person.
>>
File: IMG_2008.jpg (56KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2008.jpg
56KB, 400x400px
>>36369890
>don't read into it!
>there's nothing substantial, really!
>just be a good little goy!
>>
That normie men are retarded. Maybe it has something to do with the pheromones but I'm pretty sure if I was in that situation I'd know better than to choose split against a woman
>>
>>36369738

I'd split that girl in half with my dick and steal her anal virginity
>>
You guys ever stop to think that the woman chooses to steal because she's afraid that the man is trying to pull one over on her?

No you don't because you're all a bunch of Kruger dunning know nothing autists
>>
>>36369978
if everyone always stole no one would win anything
>>
>>36370439
>choose steal because you think your opponent is trying to pull one over you
>if you're correct your reward is winning nothing
TACTICAL GENIUS
>>
>>36370464
Yeah but atleast I don't feel bad about myself
>>
>>36370442
If the other person steals you are not going to win anything either. Might aswell punish them for their greed.
>>
>>36370587
those are some real mental gymnastics on display anon
>>
>>36369978
This, it's literally basic game theory.
>>
The French have a better game show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUnQhcs3KJ4
>>
>>36369890
>but is meaningless as a sample size for any real research.
whats their sample size? you dont even know you fucking retard. youre just dismissing it because you dont like the results
>>
>>36370669
>"youre just dissmissing it because you don't like the results"
Oh the irony.
>>
>>36370439
>its the mens fault the women choose steal!
lol fuck off roastie
>>
>>36369738
Man I felt SO sorry for that guy.

She is a complete bitch and I hope she got mobbed on the way home
>>
>>36369738
This is based off the Prisoners dilemma and it's been around for quite a while. Of course it was only among men then but still. It's absolutely fascinating to watch human behavior under these circumstances. It's even more fun when they talk about it beforehand
>>
>>36370636
If I write split it's 50% chance of me getting half the mony and 50% of getting nothing
If I write steal it's 50% of taking it all and 50% of getting nothing.
I see no reason to risk letting the other person take it all.
All or nothing. Never a compromise.
>>
>>36370638
>>36370587
>>36370541

There's a trick to the game that was used several times. If you can convince the other player you will steal, regardless of what they say, and tell them "I'll give you some of it afterwards" it puts them in a position where they can either do:
A: (Punish him for greed. I get nothing)
B: (Split, he might give me some)
C: (Cry)

Usually the people who 'punish' by stealing are idiots who don't understand basic win/loss.

After they are most likely going to take option B, you can split it.
>>
>>36369890
this is the most jewish post I've read in months.
>>
Pretty hard choice to be honest. You can't trust beautiful women but you also can't trust ugly women.

If you're a decent human being who seeks higher life goals the only real choice is split. If you don't give a fuck about anything like the human trash you are steal is better.
>>
>>36370794
I don't care about money. No one's gonna run a game on me, so I'll steal every time.
>>
>>36370896
This is why you're in a basement with no money rather than on a game show making fuck tons of money.
>>
File: 1486801927780s.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1486801927780s.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>36370912
I'll slit your throat for talking that shit.
>>
File: 1487720797391.jpg (16KB, 480x479px) Image search: [Google]
1487720797391.jpg
16KB, 480x479px
If you steal its all or nothing.
If you split its half or nothing.
no-brainer desu.
>>
Worth noting:
>Statistically, both choices have an equal chance to incur a win assuming you have no idea what your opponent will choose.(Which is the case as your opponent is a stranger 100% of the time).
>Splitting always halves the amount you could potentially win AND is open to stealing.
>Stealing gets you all the money if you win. If you lose you still made the best choice because if you chose to split instead, your opponent would win.
>Split is for fags, it's not even cooperation in the true sense because you are hindering eachother. ''the whole is greater than the sum of its parts'' does not apply here.

The only way split would ever be an option was if you both got double the money. There is literally no incentive for going split and jesus fucking Christ it gets my autism going.
>>
>>36370789
i think he was referring to the might as well punish them for their greed part when you're the one being objectively greedy
>>
>>36370794
they actually had to rewrite the contract after the first guy did that so you couldn't do it any more, completely loopholed the whole show
>>
File: 1471145072310.jpg (27KB, 516x604px) Image search: [Google]
1471145072310.jpg
27KB, 516x604px
Doesn't the person who steals live in fear of the other contestant murdering them?

I'd go fucking berserk if someone stole after promising they'd split.
>>
>>36371136
It's always funny seeing useless NEET weebs that believe they are above average and calculating giving this kind of poor answer.

This decision isn't about statistical logic, it's about social intelligence. That's why they give you some time to discuss the matter. There are people that will steal no matter what because they will think like a human failure like you. There will be people that will split no matter what since they couldn't bear the shame and guilt of going steal. Most people will be swayed by what you have to say though but will usually prefer one choice over the other. It also heavily relies on how the other person thinks about you. If they genuinely like you they will most likely go with split, so you must already face the human test of being judged positively by someone to receive any money at all.

The choice always depends on the player you are facing. You have enough time to test his or her character troughout the show and can briefly talk it over. The social game starts already the first moment you are meeting and not at the end of the game.
>>
>>36371284
There is no such thing as objective greed numbnuts.
>>
>>36371190
>>36371136
>there's no incentive to split
if everyone only stole then no one would ever make any fucking money
>>
>>36371368
still mental gymnastics senpai
>>
>>36371397
If I get all the money I could choose to reward the other person by giving them half of the money.
If the other person picked steal that shithead is not getting anything.
>>
>>36371368
>If they other person steals they're a greedy piece of shit so they don't deserve any money anyway!
>Oh me picking steal 100% of the time? No that's just me being logical
>>
>>36371449
It is on me to cast judgement. If we both steal then that's that, I don't care.
>>
Going split would increase chance of emplyoment in the future, doesn't matter if you win any money or not. Going steal has a chance of tarnishing your reputatiion troughout life even if you win so there is no point to it.
>>
>>36371479
>If we both steal then that's that, I don't care.
100,000 bongs is a lot of money
>>
>>36371528
stalin never split, neither should you.
>>
Best one was that guy who got inside the head of his opponent and convinced him that he HAD to pick split to even have a chance of getting anything. Then the first guy flipped on what he said and picked split as well, making sure they would split the prize.
>>
>>36371590
Stalin held back my man Hitler so he can get fucked for all I care.
>>
>>36369738
>tfw to intelligent for this bullshit
normies are so stupid that they don't realise that this is all scripted, these are actors that got a fair compensation from their performance. the reward is only a ruse and they made the woman steal so people could get provoked.
>>
File: sddefault.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sddefault.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>36371750
orgirgngirginrigrngnal
>>
>>36371750
Those shitty game shows are usually all legit. I know 4 people who went to one and they all received the money they won.

The price pool in golden balls is so fucking low with a chance to not give anything at all that I'm certain that the show is legit.
>>
>>36369738
>Watched that episode
>The woman constantly asks and pleads with the man to split the money and not to steal it "I wouldn't steal people will think i'm a bad person"
>He drums it into her that he is going to split and that they are both gonna walk away with 50k
>She ends up stealing it anway
>Starts crying and trying to play the sympathy card after she just got the full 100k and left the guy with nothing.

Fucking raged. When it comes to money never trust a woman. They will take you for all they can.
>>
>>36371797
would the company really risk one of the participants go berserk on the stage? this is only made to appeal to humans most basic instincts and keep them busy while the jews jew around.
>>
>>36369738
Older men are the elders of the tribe, and they understand the essential need for mankind to work together and cooperate.
The female, of any age, will steal or even kill to get all the resources for themselves and their offspring.
Young men are the wildcard. It depends if they were raised by a single mother or had a decent father figure.
>>
>>36371833
>going berserk infront of a massive audience, cameras and security
sure, if anything someone going berserk would've increased publicity by a fuck ton
>>
>>36371833
They probably wish for that to happen since scandals like this make ths show juicy for the audience and increase viewer count.
>>
File: 1475429192776.png (11KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1475429192776.png
11KB, 657x527px
I'm watching a golden ball episode right now.
There are three players: 2 boys, 1 girl.

In the mid-game interview, where they say whether they plan to steal or split, the first guy says:
>"If I'm against a man, I'll consider stealing. If I'm against a women, I'll consider splitting."

And then the women says right afterwards
>"I'll always steal and nothing would change my mind"

Then the final guy says:
>"I'm going to steal everytime"

Why does the first man assume that the women will split?
>>
Here's the guy who used muh game theory to loophole the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0qjK3TWZE8
>>
>>36369738

Wouldn't it be better for both players to Split all game?

$10,000 is still a lot of money.
>>
>>36369738
imagine the huge redpill this guy swallowed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3Uos2fzIJ0
>>
>>36371912
Women steal all the time because they know that men show sympathy for the weaker more fragile human being. Women only survive in society nowadays because men will forever have the instinct to protect women.
>>
Anyone got a link to the episode? I wanna see the end.
>>
>>36372023
That's why women should not be in the military. The instinct too strong.
>>
>>36372026

She chose Steal because the guy in the episode stole plenty of times before. It was revenge.
>>
These two fucked up so hard that their grand total was $5.76 and she still stole.

HAHAHAAHAHA
>>
Wouldn't the only people who go on this show be inclined to lie and steal anyway? I mean the whole is show is based around misleading and stealing so I doubt someone who thinks "I am going to split every time" will even go on, seeing as you're only setting yourself up to robbed by human trash. I mean I don't know precisely how the whole show goes but I think that's how it works.
>>
>>36369738
>if you split it's $50 or nothing
>if you steal it's 100% or nothing

the only way it'd be economically viable to split is if people on the show in the past had split at two times the rate that they stole (which is obviously false). even if you were sure they were splitting that just means you could steal for double the money, and if you were sure they were stealing i would steal every fucking time since there's no way in hell I'm letting them take it all to fuck me over.

it just makes way too much sense to steal although I wouldn't mind splitting, I could never live down splitting since the math is so against it.
>>
>>36372574
cont. although obviously splitting for both would be great I could never live down choosing split and the other choosing steal
>>
>girl is obviously distraught after they lost the $40,000 ball
>guy holds her hand and says that it's alright, not to worry and and that he wants her to think straight
>gives her long spiel about how they should trust each other after everything they went through and that it's better to go home with half each then nothing at all
>he fucking steals
ji'd shank this fuck 100 times
>>
>>36372474
This. I doubt many honest self-respecting people go on the show. I agree with >>36369890 that the sample can hardly be taken as representative of society, although there is an obvious correlation with women and stealing, from what I've seen at least.
>>
>pick steal
>other person picks split
>meet up with them after the show and split the money anyway
Best thing to do.
>>
>>36370587
>>
>>36372731

Never trust a balding man.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Here's an example where a guy ruses the other into splitting, if you feel depressed from the roastie this'll perk you up

>>
>>36369738
prisoners dilemma the show, wonderful
>>
>>36373731

This guy's pretty fucking smart. I like how happy everyone seems to be at the end.
>>
>>36373731
That's actually really clever.

The brown dude knows whatever he'll do, he won't get anything, as he trusts the other guy to act in his interest, which in turn works in the other guy's favour, as he knows the other guy will keep by his word as he's eliminated incentive to pick steal, as it's either

Nothing or something
Nothing

It's genius.
>>
>>36373875
The funny thing is that the brown dude admitted he was aiming to steal in a radio interview. Hence the whole "muh father" sob story.
>>
>>36371358
I have no """social intelligence""" so in my case its easier just to steal
>>36371392
Some people are always gonna try to do the right and split. Id rather have no one winning than my opponent stealing everything.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.