[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone else have no passion or interest in any job and are starting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1492176153888.jpg (8KB, 250x221px) Image search: [Google]
1492176153888.jpg
8KB, 250x221px
anyone else have no passion or interest in any job and are starting to get worried?

>24
>tried getting into photography
>got bored of it
>spent 4 years in college doing graphic design
>hated it by the end
>tried learing japanese to be a part time english teacher over there
>learned that you need 2 references and proof you are able to teach something to get the job
>stopped learning
>got wage cuck job in call centre for customer support
>quit after 5 months because people are cunts

literally nothing else interests me, i'm just browsing the web hoping something catches my eye that i can do for the rest of my life, but it wont. am I destined to become an hero?
>>
also have a worthless degree, luckily I didn't go into debt thanks to parents. NEET now. Have no passion for anything in general
>>
>>36365544
>grow up near the chesapeake bay
>fishing and crabbing since ~6
>grow really attached to the region
>start to enjoy the environment more than anything
>want to pursue a career in it
>go to environmental-focused HS
>major in bio and envr
>almost the end of my second semester
>lost all passion for my major
>still love the environment but college killed my passion to make a career out of it
>don't want a career in anything else
>not good at anything else
>just want manual labor jobs now
>going to drop out after finals

College killed my only aspiration for a career. Now I just want money so I can buy a house in the countryside. I'm not worried or scared, because I always know there's an easy way out.
>>
>>36365544
>spent 4 years in college doing graphic design
oh man. I'm sorry.

graphic design fucking sucks.
Have you tried VFX/motion graphics instead? I've done both graphic design and vfx for a decent amount of time as a hobby, and I vastly prefer motion graphics over gd.
They kinda bleed into each other, but they're different enough that it doesn't make you want to kill yourself from all the autistic shit that comes with graphic design.
>>
>>36365651
yes, motion graphics was one of the few parts I enjoyed, but I see the highlight reels of other artists and just know I'll never be that good. So I gave up.
>>
>>36365544
>literally nothing else interests me, i'm just browsing the web hoping something catches my eye that i can do for the rest of my life, but it wont
Same here. I'm 25 with a useless degree and I have no passion or interest in anything. Suicide will likely be my end result.
>>
>>36365708
Ah.
In my opinion though you can't really look at art related stuff that way.

I don't want to tell you how to think, but it helps a whole lot if you can adjust your thought process to be "i want to be as good as this guy", instead of just giving up because you aren't immediately comparable to them.
The key is to use it as inspiration, not be demoralized because of your own shortcomings. When I see demo reels of animators who are better than me, I get fucking excited, because it's a chance for me to learn from someone who is better than I am.
That's the mindset you've got to have when it comes to art stuff. You can't beat yourself up so much over it, because there will always be someone better than you.

I also don't know you personally or how much you've already given up, but if you really want to get good at something like that, all you've got to do is put in the hours. It's possible at 24 if it's something you really want to do, but you can't half-ass it.
Compare yourself to others, but don't be so hard on yourself because you aren't as good as them. Those people have fucking thousands of hours over you in that subject.
Something would be horribly wrong if you were immediately comparable to them in it.

Anyway anon, I'm rambling.
If you ever want to pick up motion graphics again, grab a copy of After Effects and download a copy of Phil Borst's project files here:
https://vimeo.com/40006163
It's what I studied a few years ago when I was serious about this stuff.
Hope you figure shit out.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.