[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw came to the realization that I can't be sure that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0532.png (34KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0532.png
34KB, 633x758px
>tfw came to the realization that I can't be sure that anything I don't experience myself is real or true
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 262x193px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 262x193px
>tfw came to the realization i can't be sure of anything i experience
>tfw i dont care
>>
Literally just roll with it, why does it matter?
Subjective consciousness is the only thing you can know positively; make something of this fact. Knowing this is the beginning to spirituality of a sort. If this is all you can know then at least you have that to hold on to, sort of an anchor for reality. Its the way i look at it.
>>
>>36357790
But what about so-called 'knowledge'? For instance, how I can I even be certain that Asia exists?
>>
>>36357481
>>36357790

>tfw the prospect of giving up on subjective experience is horrifying and the only reason i haven't killed myself

this shit is a cosmological miracle i don't even understand it
>>
>>36357790
Until cia starts putting thoughts into your head then we're all fucked. But I'm not doing anything to stop it so I guess that makes it someone else's problem
>>
>tfw came to the realization that I can't be sure that anything I do experience myself is real or true
>>
>>36357831
It exist as a symbol in your mind; like everything you experience
>>
File: preview.png (193KB, 475x636px) Image search: [Google]
preview.png
193KB, 475x636px
>>36357481
>tfw came to the realization that I can't be sure that anything I don't experience myself is real or true and I don't care
>>
>>36357481
this is a good thing
it should make you feel better not worse
>>
>>36357663
>>36357790

This. You will never know any truth absolutely, but why would that change anything? Life is still the same.

If your main motivation or personal purpose in life is to pursue truth, you'll have to study what you can experience. There are still laws that govern what we experience, and plenty of ways to seek truth about our experience without your 5 senses.
>>
>>36357790
>Literally just roll with it
Hmmm

No.
>>
>>36357831
You can't. Apply this to any secondhand knowledge you receive and you'll be much better off. Trust only your own direct experience.
>>
>>36357481
thats why its important to remember that the most important human experience while you are alive in this life is your own, and to live solely for yourself

take your fears and run with them anon
>>
>>36357481
now try peyote and experience proof that your own thoughts and sensations can't be assumed true either. but that also doesn't matter because there's nothing you can do about it. so you're back at the original post, minus a little bit of sureness. you can assume asia exists, but everything you've learned about asia lacks context and therefore doesn't tell you anything about asia.

go see things for yourself. we've been raised in an information society, full of words and facts meant to give us knowledge without wisdom.
>>
>>36359359
O-k...then dont
>>
>>36359829
Good.
I wont
>>
>solipsism

muh first existential crisis here
>>
>>36360272
Mkay..dont
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.