[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw i suddenly realized that im merely an avatar being controlled

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1720.jpg (27KB, 303x309px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1720.jpg
27KB, 303x309px
>mfw i suddenly realized that im merely an avatar being controlled in a virtual reality and that my actions and thoughts aren't really my own
What do i do? Ive been trying to talk to my controller to see if they'll give me absolute proof of their existence but I haven't gotten a sign yet. Shit even me posting this is being controlled by them, are any of you even real or are you just NPC's in my virtual world? It seems like i have at least some freedom of thought
and action within these confines, but ultimately the being who is giving me commands makes the major decisions. Please help im pretty scared
>>
>>36357436
take your antipsychotics
>>
you should kill yourself, that'll show that nigger whomst thinks he can control you
>>
>>36357436
If he's controlling you, you're really just him. So you are still you.
>>
>>36357472
what if this is how you ascend to the next level? what if this is just a test to see if you're foolish enough to deal with the world's bullshit through old age?
i can win if I kill myself
>>
File: 1484106525430.png (9KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1484106525430.png
9KB, 420x420px
>tfw been listening to a music chart with albums that are unbearable to listen to
>tfw whoever is controlling me is hearing every second of it

feels good man.
>>
>>36357436
You're close, but not quite. The universe is a simulation, you are an incredibly complex program (by our standards). The beings that run the proverbial show probably don't even know you exist.
>>
>>36357539
>fully falling for Helter Skelter
There's a new program that should keep would-be escape artists in the egg, but the way out is through the underworld.
>>
>>36357470
It's weird. Ive never had this realization before, but i was in the shower earlier and it hit me like a fucking truck. I'm gonna sleep on it and hopefully the fear will be gone by morning. I seem to get most of my weird thoughts at night, don't know why
>>
File: 1492377630281.jpg (2MB, 2600x1910px) Image search: [Google]
1492377630281.jpg
2MB, 2600x1910px
>>36357542
Here's the chart for anybody who wants to do a lil foolin' around with their controllers
>>
>>36357542
Faggot overlords BTFO
gonna give this a try, hopefully it annoys those bastards
>>
File: see.jpg (35KB, 750x591px) Image search: [Google]
see.jpg
35KB, 750x591px
>>36357586
Close but not quite.

You forgot the part where God created us all and sent his son Jesus to die for our sins.
>>
>>36357542
You dislike it, and the person controlling you is having you continue listening to it, and you feel that's a triumph over them?
They probably like it.
>>
>>36357472
Don't kill yourself, but start shitting in mailboxes. Who would order you to do that?
>>
File: suprise trumps.jpg (30KB, 362x328px) Image search: [Google]
suprise trumps.jpg
30KB, 362x328px
>tfw I'm a avatar controlled by inter dimensional creature
>tfw my fetishes are the creatures fetish
>multidimensional space ayys like double anal fisting and zoo scat
>>
>>36357436
We're all randomly generated in a simulation, it would be a miracle if you could speak to whoever said outside the fishbowl that is our universe
>>
>>36358268
>Who would order you to do that?
You, and me.
>>
If were npcs then why do we feel pain both physically and mentally??
>>
File: 1474426381001.jpg (58KB, 687x814px) Image search: [Google]
1474426381001.jpg
58KB, 687x814px
>>36358967
because we aren't and this thread is retarded
>>
>>36357436
S T A Y N O I D E D
T
A
Y

N
O
I
D
E
D

Fuck you this is cery original
>>
>>36358981
prove it niggerr
>>
>>36359040
the burden of proof is on you idiots for claiming we are npcs when everything we know about science says otherwise, retard.
>>
>>36359088
What does science say?
>You probably don't have a soul
>You seem to be governed by physical laws

We're basically NPCs. Different from being a player-character though.
>>
>dude you have no free will!
Does it make a difference? Open and close your hand. Could you tell in that moment whether you opened your hand or some sp00py ayy lmao opened and closed it? Would your thoughts change if you were the one thinking them versus extradimensional douchebag planting them? There's no way to tell the difference between these things, and I thus, no point in thinking about it. We'll never have absolute proof, in this life, of God's existence. Or of consciousness being real. Or free will. The point is, unless those things actually affect you on a physical level, they're useless to discuss in some ways. Sure, you can debate your whole life about why Christianity is wrong and God doesn't real. You can also argue your whole life that something untouchable, invisible, and immaterial is somehow directly controlling your every action, leaving only your thoughts as your own. It's a moot point since no proof exists either way.
>>
>>36359308
Consider this:

If I asked you to decide something, anything at all, how would you do it? The only two possibilities are A: You followed an algorithm; a set of logical steps, to come to your conclusion or B: You picked randomly. In either case, you had no choice, no control over the your answer.
>>
>>36357542
They go afa.
Away from anon.

You torture just you
>>
>>36357436
You aren't a real person
To me, you're simply some code executed for me to read
>>
File: 1491808977295.jpg (217KB, 1179x742px) Image search: [Google]
1491808977295.jpg
217KB, 1179x742px
>>36357654
>>36357436
No joke OP I had this exact thought enter my mind and give me crazy anxiety and lead to an existential crisis and now that I look back on it 8 months later it just seems so fucking silly and I cant believe I could seriously even for a second entertain something so illogical and nonsensical-

Heres how it happened:
>last year
>get panic attacks and anxiety again in the summer after several possible heat stroke episodes or just panic attacks from the heat/humidity from the unbearable humid summer hell weather
>start taking prescribed meds for anxiety and panic attacks
>meds are Vistaril 25mg
>become shut in all summer
>watching shows and movies mostly
>give Rick and Morty a try
>episode where Morty and Rick play the VR real life game
>afterwards OCD intrusive thought comes to mind oh fuck what if that is real and happening now because at this point I was aware of Elon Musks meme simulation theory from briefly reading headlines on popsci sites before
>start panicking and freaking the fuck out because brain was in anxiety mode and also because the Vistaril was slowly fucking up my normal mental processes as I later realized
>get a panic attack right after watching and force self outside for fresh air
>anxious panic wrecked brain connects Elon Musks meme theory to the sudden thought of life being a VR game like from Reddit & Memey episode
>despite the fact that Elon Musks meme theory is that we are all in a simulation not individuals in a VR simulation but I never read that part of his argument before so wasn't aware of that distinction at the time
>basically went into full existential crisis and prolonged panic attacks mode
>my OCD was also not helping, and gave me new irrational phobias and experienced what was probably a nervous breakdown

Took me a long while to break out of this stupid mindset, getting off meds entirely helped, as my brain functions normalized and even with anxiety I was able to think more rationally and logically again

Cont-
>>
>>36360349
So after awhile I began researching the stupid sim theory argument because popsci sites kept fucking talking about it because its the perfect clickbait piece - "famous autistic person said x so lets all talk about it"

And thats when I discovered that the argument states that we are all in a sim together and not at all like that Reddit & Memey VR episode, so for the longest time my irrational anxiety riddled brain was freaking out over something that wasn't even part of the sim theory argument, and it was basically what you are freaking out over now OP.

And that shit gave me crazy depersonalization and derealization episodes too along with the panic attacks, that shit was not fun.

To think I had experienced all of that shit, a full blown existential crisis because of a fucking reddit tier adult cartoon about nihilism and memes and shit, its fucking embarassing and I'm only writing about it now hoping it may help you get over this irrational belief OP. Of course for me it hit so hard because of my OCD (Pure O type) obsessing over the possibility that I could not be at ease, and also the meds I was taking screwing with my reasoning and logical deduction ability like nothing before.

One good argument against both these irrational theories is consciousness, the problem of consciousness has been an enigma in the human understanding and has evaded total understanding for centuries, how do random atoms placed together give rise to consciousness? We do not yet know if consciousness is fully material or not, if it arises in the brain or is something unlike matter, knowing this it is naive to assume that consciousness can be digitzed and created in a simulation or VR game, proponents of the simulation theory argue solely on the assumption that there will be future technology that somehow allows the simulation of entire universes down to the plank scale, as well as the digitizing of consciousness and that is simply too far reaching and idealistic.
>>
>>36357654
>>36360349
>>36360594
So yeah I've been in your exact situation before OP and I'm still reeling with the aftereffects of the shitstorm of anxiety, depersonalizaiton and shit I went through, ironically once I took myself off Vistaril my anxiety improved, I noticed it was generating additional anxiety and irrational thoughts as soon as I took it.

And yeah my worst and wierdest thoughts, and worst anxiety happened at night too, nighttime is when there are little distractions and things to occupy your mind with so for me my anxious panicky OCD mind went crazy with irrationality and fear, and even now its still nighttime that gives me heightened anxiety and wierdest OCD thoughts but they are more subdued, its like a lake slowly returning to calm after a huge boulder was chucked into it.

I hope you read all this shit I wrote OP, I'm typing this on a fucking tablet, at 2:40 in the morning because I never told anyone about this before or really the reason I had an existential crisis (fucking REDDIT & MEMEY) because maybe it will help you, you better not be memeing and joking about this either, because my fucking hands hurt, I hope this helps you come to your senses.
>>
>>36358381
>simultard thinks he is correct about a theory you cant objectively, empirically prove

Simulation theory is just another take on Descartes age old thought experiment only he was concerned about the posibility of us being controlled by an evil demon, it was this thought experiment that lead him to his famous quote "Cogito, ergo sum" - I think therefore I am,

Simulation theory is a modern take on this thought experiment and should be treated as just that, its updated for the technological age.

Many describe the Simulation theory as "religion for nerds" and it is no doubt unconscious desire for faith and belief in higher power or being a part of something greater manifesting in the minds of fedora tipping atheists who have "cast aside religion" yet blindly adopt something that is just like a religion, only it appeals to them because its based off of technology and science so they claim, and is totally different from belief in God.

Faith and religious thinking manifests itself in every culture, every peoples savage and civilized of this Earth, the superior intellectual atheist assumes he is above such primitive and irrational beliefs yet gladly accepts the simulation theory his popsci idols like Niel De Grasse Tyson and Elon Musk support without a shred of evidence, and then they go espousing this religious belief to everyone they meet feeling somehow superior for accepting and believing it much like a devout Christian or Muslim feels superior and assured with his faith.

Simtheory fags piss me off because they fail to see they are believing in basically a new religion, and instead go off claiming its factual and based off science, the fucking arrogance.
>>
I used to kind of think this but never tried contacting my controller, in fact I think he's trying to stop me from wri
>>
I'm a vessel of UNKNOWN. This world is a simulation made by the Demiurge, and UNKNOWN will rip it to shreds. Isn't it beautiful?
>>
HELP THEY KNOW WE ARE TRYING TO FIGURE THEM OUT AND MY CONTROLLER IS TRYING TO FORCE ME TO JUMP OFF MY BALCONY SO I DONT CRACK THE CODE TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW THAT WE ARE BEING CONTROLLED I DONT THINK IL LAST THE NIGHT
>>
>>36361095
>demiurge
>muh gnosticism meme

Literally Descartes tier desu
>>
>>36361185
I use the concept of the demiurge, but i don't believe in Gnosticism
>>
>>36359728
The human brain is complex enough that we can approximate it as "free will", like we can say RNG is "random" even though it must be deterministic from a physical point of view.
>>
>>36361095
>woowoo look at me i'm a double nigger
>>
>>36357436
The only solution is to kill yourself break free from the bounds of your master. You have to do it subtly though, like all of sudden jump in front of car at the last moment so he can't stop you and doesn't realise what you're doing.
>>
>>36361271
the day of T will be a day of force. It is best for you to laugh now.
>>
Oh and you are two. If you cut the link between the right and left side of the brain fun things start to hapenn.
>>
im de captain now :)
>>
>>36357436
Illegal drugs break the simulation, especially dissociatives. I saw the begining of the universe which could be summarized to this: humans as a race figure out a way to restart the universe just before it shrinks/dies/ends and we have been doing it since the begining of time/space. We are not the first or the last. There have been many iterations of humanity and we are just one of them, so just play your part in society and enjoy yourself. Chances are ythere has been a copy of you before that has done the same thing.
But I was on drugs so don't take me too seriously I guess lol.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.