[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the absolute amount of insufferable religiousfaggotry on

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_0028.jpg (15KB, 200x192px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0028.jpg
15KB, 200x192px
>the absolute amount of insufferable religiousfaggotry on 4chan
I've had probably over 50 separate arguments with that lot on this site and without fail, nearly always it devolves into
>It's true because I believe it
with these intellectual children unable to even entertain a position of objectivity. It almost never turns into an argument on the benefits of religion, which I can accept and am readily willing to have, but ALWAYS these individuals are unable to think critically about the mythos of their particular religion.

My question is this: with the breadth of Human knowledge at one's fingertips, how can people still be so unironically zealous about religious mythology, especially online? Is it just proof that Humans don't actually utilize their critical thinking skills when it comes to anything of weight?
>>
File: 2.png (2MB, 996x3150px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
2MB, 996x3150px
>>36351452
Don't expect it to end soon.
>>
Wheres ya proof a higher power doesn't exist brainlet

All I see in this thread is whining
>>
>>36351529
Reading comprehension, faggot. No where in the thread did OP say he's an atheist. He's simply stating the stupidity of believing in something just because you "think" it's right.
>>
>>36351452
Atheists are antisocial turbocucks

Until you can find a way to implement atheism without also implementing a total and complete degeneration of social values then you can turn your ass around and had back to Redit.

Atheism ALWAYS means the death of society and culture.
>>
>>36351452
>arguing with people on 4chan about religion
Retard
>>
File: 1488223363085.jpg (60KB, 789x444px) Image search: [Google]
1488223363085.jpg
60KB, 789x444px
>>36351452
>le enlightened gentleman
>religion is for sheeple
>>
>>36351523
That was a fun read speaking truthfully
>>
File: Purity.jpg (69KB, 506x800px) Image search: [Google]
Purity.jpg
69KB, 506x800px
>>36351598
That's true if it's verifiable but it isn't according to most religions and science. We cannot comprehend anything, even nothing, outside of our universe. So as far as logic is concerned, it's fine to believe or disbelieve in God. There's only two choices and both causes you to take a stance on something that's not verifiable. At best you can weasel in Occam, but that's aa good as you're going to get.
Hoping fellow robots had a happy easter.
>>
>>36351529
Ok look. There's an incomprehensible amount of galaxies and worlds out there. There's a good chance there's more advanced life than us, to the point of """divinity"""

I really doubt the Christian god is in one of them though. Christianity is a bunch of lies and deceit.

History has proven christians to just be selfish, killers, and pedos

I'd like to split a hair in that 2000 year old shit text their always reading, but it's honestly to easy.
>>
File: 1492431151683.jpg (146KB, 881x905px) Image search: [Google]
1492431151683.jpg
146KB, 881x905px
You atheists should be purged
>>
File: 1474937444291.png (433KB, 622x380px) Image search: [Google]
1474937444291.png
433KB, 622x380px
>>36351772
>There's a good chance there's more advanced life than us

That's a logical fallacy. The evidence would suggest that there should be lots of life in the universe, but there isn't. This means that there are factors that we don't know about when it comes to the emergence of life. You are assuming that something will be true even though you don't have the information to come to that conclusion. If you presume one thing (that there should be life in abundance) and evidence shows the opposite (life is exceedingly rare), then there is a flaw in your hypothesis.

I'm sick of this Bill Nye / Neil DT line of thinking. Just because some guy on TV says it doesn't mean it is valid. This is the problem with modern society, people like you can't think for themselves and have to be told what to think by TV personalities.
>>
the purpose of religion is hope
without hope there is no reason to live
the purpose of science is explanation
explanation creates the boundaries of hope
it is the business of the religious to find the passages therein to the unbounded spaces
and then again the business of science to create boundaries there
religion is a fine process when it doesn't ignore science and visa versa
>>
To me this debate over god vs no god is completely pointless. The question I want to know is if god does exist, why should I worship the guy or care at all?
>>
>>36351529
OP here, I actually am a deist. But I think it's ridiculous to assume that any religions on Earth are even remotely close to corrext
>>
>>36352061
Because he is omnipotent, and has historically communicated with humans about his desire for us to worship him.

Trying to explain the actions of a being infinitely more intelligent than you is like trying to explain to a fungus how a rear differential works
>>
File: 1413051659199.jpg (25KB, 340x399px) Image search: [Google]
1413051659199.jpg
25KB, 340x399px
>Dumb religious retards believe in God without evidence. Lmao what idiots.
>Yes, I believe in materialism. No I don't have evidence for it! All scientists accept it so I believe it out of faith
>>
>>36352133
Lol what a shitty reason. I'll continue not giving a shit then since it's worked so far.
>>
File: IMG_6590.jpg (223KB, 940x680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6590.jpg
223KB, 940x680px
>>36351452

R*ddit sounds like more of your thing kid. The whole "cool to be an MLP fedora" phase ended circa 2012.
>>
How can ther be any religous descuhion when there can not be a or any religion as they are all idiot lies I have a low iq aqbout 134
and i know its all lies we are just animal

no suls
no souls
idiots religious lies
>>
File: 1491407004225.jpg (21KB, 234x236px) Image search: [Google]
1491407004225.jpg
21KB, 234x236px
>>36352171

What's funny is that most of the philosophically inclined atheists are idealists and neutral monists, but the euphorics actually think that materialism isn't a faith-based position. It's a great irony.
>>
>>36352177
>it's worked so far.
The point of god is that he will give you salvation when you die. Since you're still alive, you have yet to see the results of worship. Saying it has "worked so far" is wilfully ignorant, and you obviously have no interest in the question "if god does exist, why should I worship the guy or care at all?".
>>
>>36352220

Materialism is for faggots clinging to Promissory science. Writing out checks they hope science will cash in the future.
>>
>>36352017
You know you're a monkey in a suit right?

There has to be something out there. You can't even begin to comprehend what you're saying, there's like ganillions of places man.

Our neck of the universe is pretty small and shallow

Who says we only need water, cells and dolphins to make life?
What is """life"""
>>
>>36352171
Wrong. Perhaps I should have clarified in the OP my own positions seeing as you religious folk are so quick to make a strawman to bash.

I believe in some sort of creator. I believe that this creator is incomprehensible to us and we cannot possibly know its nature or will. I believe it is supremely arrogant to presume that some barely-sapient mostly-hairless apes have divined the nature of the omnipotent a little more than 3,000 years into their sapience. I believe that the faculty of reason coupled with observation is the best we can do to understand the universe around us.

Commence again with the strawmen.
>>
File: IMG_6717.png (436KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6717.png
436KB, 750x1334px
>tfw turbocuck atheists are literally getting blown out on a global level

Feels righteous man
>>
>every generation is getting progressively more and more atheist and non-religious
It's ok OP, they won't be here for long. Most of the degenerates on this site are Christian, remember that.
>>
>>36352228
>The point of god is that he will give you salvation when you die
How do you know that?
>>
>>36352273
LITERALLY fake news
>>
>>36352276

WRONG

This is a fantasy fedoras cling to. One way or another, either Christians or Muslims will outbreed you and rock your shit. Atheism is a cancer and it's no coincidence the biggest sjw, leftist shitholes are literally dying and and getting replaced by vigorous religious invaders.
>>
>>36352258
You have no evidence to suggest that "there has to be something out there". Even your language shows that you believe that because you want to believe it, not because you've based it on any sound reasoning.

There are obviously factors that we don't know about that limit the emergence of life. Saying that because there is a large number of things means that one of those things must have certain properties has no logical basis. There are lots of grains of sand on Earth, it doesn't mean that there is going to be a super-advanced-micro civilisation on one.
>>
>>36352228
I'm asking for the reason to care right now. It's not even like eating healthy or exercising where other people with experience can come back and say, "yeah do that shit now or else you'll regret it later." Also I legitimately don't think hell sounds that much worse than real life.
>>
>>36352292
Because literally every religion says so. The guy said "if god does exist", so I'm working on the assumption that he does.

If he does exist then it comes to follow that he has most likely been the cause of at least some religious movements, and pretty much every religion states that the point of god is for salvation (in one form or the other (reincarnation etc))
>>
>>36352318
I would agree that atheism and nihilism are civilization killers. But there's a balance, you know? Religiosity stunts intellectual development and creates a stupid populace. Why can't people just admit they don't know the answer to the big questions of the day, but that we're striving towards those answers?
>>
File: IMG_6718.png (165KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6718.png
165KB, 750x1334px
>>36352314

Sorry banana boy, YOU are fake news. Go back to your tendies; productive members of society are talking.

Non ascii text not allowed. Pew Religion Forum: projections 2010-2050
>>
>>36352487

Yfw some of the greatest thinkers and statesmen in history have been religious
>>
>>36352390
>says I don't have sound reasoning
>admits himself in the next line a reason

Fuck anon. Shut up.

Living things aren't that complex, humans are simple as fuck. And we're pretty much the smartest living thing on the planet.
>>
> Is it just proof that Humans don't actually utilize their critical thinking skills when it comes to anything of weight?

have you actually seen social media recently

> everyone angry over a pepsi ad

short answer is yes.

give people the credit they deserve for being stupid.
>>
>>36352462
>Because literally every religion says so.
That's quite patently untrue.

>If he does exist then it comes to follow that he has most likely been the cause of at least some religious movements
No, that's an unreasonable assumption. If 'God' exists we can't possibly know its nature or will or whether or not it has ever intervened in Human affairs. Frankly, given the scale of the universe, any direct one-on-one intervention between the omnipotent and a singular being in the universe seems exceedingly improbable.

>and pretty much every religion states...
So Human religions reflect Human desires? How exactly does that prove the existence and/or nature of a God?
>>
File: 1491969179459.jpg (473KB, 1024x1444px) Image search: [Google]
1491969179459.jpg
473KB, 1024x1444px
>name one piece of absolute evidence that God doesn't exist.
Can't be done.
>name one piece of absolute evidence that God does exist.
Can't be done.
If I choose to believe in a higher being to get through the day and give my life purpose, that's my business, not yours. And if you don't? That's fine too. I don't care.
>>
>>36352520
Some of the greatest thinkers and statesmen in history also believed other ridiculous concepts. What's your point, precisesly?
>>
>>36352604
>If I choose to believe in a higher being to get through the day and give my life purpose, that's my business, not yours. And if you don't? That's fine too. I don't care
That's one thing, and I myself am a deist. It's quite another to hold a specific mythology as true and not even think to question it.
>>
File: 1439158206620.jpg (19KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1439158206620.jpg
19KB, 499x499px
>christfags pretend they can comprehend a being of infinite complexity when we can barely scratch the surface of the human mind
>>
>>36351529
> higher power
> a white man in an arab land 2000 years ago with long hair who came out a vagina but was never a sperm and was actually a holy spirit walked around on earth healing people (except amputees) and turning water to wine (v useful). He then was hung on a cross for no reason but the higher power planned this because the higher power wanted to get rid of sin on the earth (which still exists btw) and couldnt think of a better way to do this than hanging his son (who is actually him in human form). Because of this my religion is right because it says so in a book written by the wine-mans followers a few thousand years ago thats been edited a few thousand time.

Checkmate atheists
>>
>>36351623
> my religion is true because I dont like the people who dont believe in it and the affect they have on society
>>
I thought the point of faith was that you don't need proof. Because then it's no longer faith, you're no longer believing if you actually know. Isn't asking Christians to prove that God exists kind of missing the point?
>>
>>36351623
So you admit that you don't believe your religion to be true, just that you dislike the effects of the lack of common belief for it in society?
>>
>>36352772
He said nothing of the sort retard, you're just twisting his words so you hear what you want to hear
>>
>>36352762
No, it's not about the existence of God or not. It's about the particular mythology that you not only have to take on no evidence, but rather have to take on BAD evidence. For instance, the story of the Ark. Or Adam and Eve. Or how about the Bible and its extreme historical inaccuracy? At what point does it stop being merely faith and start becoming a refusal to see reason?
>>
Honestly I just wish there were more esoteric threads. Now THOSE have something for everyone.
>>
File: 1468444346000.png (30KB, 636x474px) Image search: [Google]
1468444346000.png
30KB, 636x474px
stop arguing with religious retards
oregano
>>
>>36352836
IDK man, people believe stuff for all sorts of reasons. You're lucky enough to have had a secular, empirical education, but to say that's the only pathway to come to truth is incorrect.

So what of these people who believe stuff like the Ark story literally? Well, don't discount their worldview just because it goes against historical evidence. You have to ask yourself what causes a man to hold to such seemingly weird ideas of history; you have to ask yourself if there's perhaps something deeper in the story that both you and these people are missing due to your focus on the superficial details of it.

If you meet a bible-thumping Christian, here or in real life, don't sweat too much about it. You didn't cause them to be like this, a whole slew of unknowable factors did. Question them on their faith if you must, but be respectful and be open-minded. It may turn out that they believe St Paul was actually Caesar and that the burning bush spoke to Moses in modern-day English, but they're still at their core a very decent person. Or they may believe some totally reasonable stuff, but turn out to be cynical turdbags who abuse their daughter every night.

Life is strange, dude. Don't let internet arguments warp your view of reality. Keep your mind and heart open and don't let confusion harden you.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.