[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you robots think actually happens to our consciousness

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: 1489642161180.jpg (13KB, 382x385px) Image search: [Google]
1489642161180.jpg
13KB, 382x385px
What do you robots think actually happens to our consciousness when we die?

Does everything just go blank? Our consciousness is just a bunch of chemical processes in our brain, right? So if it stops doing that stuff then we just go blank. I imagine it wouldn't even feel like a long sleep unless you somehow were revived; your consciousness just goes to nothing. No existence.

Weird concept to think about because we are conscious pretty much 24/7 but I'm genuinely curious as im sure many of you also are.

Is there actually a true religion out there and we actually go to some form of afterlife?

No i wont kill myself
>>
>>36349833
i like to believe life just resets
>>
my consciousness becomes ten times more powerful than your consciousness when i die
when you die your consciousness cuts in half or worse
sorry kid, but you've got a lot of lives to go through before you get to this levels
>>
>>36349858
Pretty much this.

Origikiwi
>>
When I die, I will finally be united with all my 2D waifus
>>
>>36349858
What do you mean "resets"?

Like we just wake up again in the hospital as a baby and begin again?
>>
>>36349833
What happens to things that cease to exist? what happens to things when they become non existent? That will give you the answer you want.
>>
>>36349981
Some theorize that when you die, you die from everyone else's perspective but you don't actually die. Life simply continues, or I guess maybe it resets if you die of old age.
>>
>>36349981
ya exactly this i feel like everyone is constantly dying and being born in a loop

losing all memory and starting from scratch
>>
>>36349833
There's a theory that your consciousness just slips into an alternate timeline.
>>
File: Ea7l73m.jpg (246KB, 1000x1502px) Image search: [Google]
Ea7l73m.jpg
246KB, 1000x1502px
>>36349938
come on onii-chan we are going to be late for school
>>
>>36349858
I really do not want to do this again. If things go back to like it was before I was born, where I just don't experience anything, I think I'd be content.
>>
>>36350037
this is my theory
we are going to invent immortality before I die of old age, for example if you weren't born in this era aliens might deliver immortality to humanity or something
>>
>>36349833
I like to think you wake up in an alternate reality and you dying was just a dream but felt insanely real
>>
>>36350201
Hopefully that reality is better than this one
>>
>>36349833
If I die I want that to be it. I don't need a second serving
>>
File: image%3A136004.png (302KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A136004.png
302KB, 500x750px
>>36349833
It's not possible to think if your brain is dead, if you don't think there's no counciousness, it's like when you are sleeping, your counciousness doesn't exist, right?, maybe that's why the bible says that dead people are sleeping, it's like before you were born, you did not exist, but then something happened and you gained life, maybe you will simply stop existing again or maybe, after "not existing" for some time , something will cause you to regain life and you will be "born" again?
>>
>>36350118
This theory is something I wish for.
>>
>>36349833
I dont know op but how do i get on neetbux when im in us of a
>>
It just disappears into oblivion, which is not such a big deal. I mean, I haven't been around for most of the universe's mind-blowingly long existence and I have exactly 0 complaints about that sweet and comfy non-being.
>>
File: 1492236043597.jpg (164KB, 721x730px) Image search: [Google]
1492236043597.jpg
164KB, 721x730px
WHEN I DIE FUCK IT I WANNA GO TO HELL

CUZ I'M A PIECE OF SHIT IT AIN'T HARD TO FUCKIN' TELL
>>
File: 1490357961473.jpg (64KB, 1500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490357961473.jpg
64KB, 1500x500px
>>36349858
why would you want to come back to this world
im going to a fantasy world when i die
>>
I wish I got another chance.
But probably just vanish.
>>
>>36349833
Yeah, when you end, as far as you are concerned, everything ends and you won't even understand if you ever lived at all.

Though there is this theory called the eternal re-occurrence theory, where if time is infinite, it's a circle. If something lasts forever, then it is destined to repeat since everything that can happen, will happen hence everything that has happened, will happen again. It probably won't be the same you, but there will be another you, one day, living the same shit life you lived, and have lived for an eternity.
>>
>>36349833
I think we will all know very soon.
Either way whatever you believe it is all to calm and stewdy yourself for whats to come.
But only some of us robots will be ready to die.
Most people arent though.
Thats why religion exists.
Thats why atheisim exists.
What do I think what happens after death, OP?

I think its all over.
You dont even know youre dead you dont feel you dont see.
Not even a color.
Dont think black or white.
Its nothing.
Death and what come after is inconceivable to us.
But it will be deep and absolute nothing.
Or im just edgy and nothing i say or think matters.
That seems to be the trend of expressing yourself in this godforsaken hell hole.
>>
File: 1486593138198.png (345KB, 633x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486593138198.png
345KB, 633x720px
>>36349833
What will likely happen to you is simply. Nothing. Literally nothing. Not even perceived nothingness, just nothing.

What happens at night, when you sleep? I'm not talking about your dreams, just the part of the night where you simply have no consciousness, no perception, no recollection, not even a perceived passing of time. You just closed your eyes, and 2 hours passed in the blink of an eye and you wonder where it went. Time obviously went on during that, but you didn't even notice that anything passed.

Death is probably the same, just that there's no end. Time will go on, but you will never notice its passing, the brief, tiny, nonexistent moment of nothing during your sleep is extended infinitely. So you won't see nothing, you won't feel nothing, there just is nothing.
>>
>>36349833
Rebirth. The universe isn't nice enough to let this hell end, ever.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.