[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here who has parents that have no idea how bad things

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot (86).png (1MB, 1722x969px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (86).png
1MB, 1722x969px
Anyone else here who has parents that have no idea how bad things really are?

My mother knows I'm a little less social than others, more quiet and reserved, but she has no clue that I'm asocial, probably depressed, schizoid, and autistic, don't plan on getting a gf or wife, want to drop out of college, and would kill myself if she wasn't alive.

She'll find out eventually, but telling her all of this is gonna be rough because I don't take initiative when talking to people. I want to tell her but I don't want her to see me as a different person, she's the only person I really love.
>>
denial is a thing
>>
Shameless bumpumb
>>
I'm kinda in the same boat, OP. The funny thing is that my parents believe that I'm not the depressed kind of guy, because I'm pretty good at hiding what I feel. My brother is the "problem child" of the family, goes to a psychiatrist, etc, while I'm the exemplary older brother who goes to college and just likes a little too much being by himself. Truth is, I probably need going to a psychiatric just as much, if not more, than my brother, but I don't wanna add an extra burden to my parents, who besides all of that are going through the early stages of getting a divorce.
>>
>>36349579
My brother is graduating from college next month, but in theater arts so there's no telling if he'll be successful. I was the sure chance of having a good career. And he also has high functioning autism but its almost unnoticeable, so me telling her that both of her sons have autism would probably make her feel horrible.

I didn't ask for this suffering
>>
she knows OP. she just has the tact to not tell you so you can delude yourself into thinking your mom still has faith in you. she hopes that this feeling of faith will somehow make you get off your ass. little does she realize it will never happen.
>>
Me OP. I do a pretty good job of hiding it because I'm in Uni and I took mostly online classes, so I've went almost full blown hikki. Had an austistic depression meltdown visiting over Easter though, so that's probably in the shitter now.
>>
i want to en my life and i'm just wanting to get a job so i can buy a pistol and blow my brains out.
>>
File: Comfy_guy.jpg (53KB, 197x190px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy_guy.jpg
53KB, 197x190px
It's probably best that you tell her so she can help you and give you a hug.
>>
File: 1477289505842.png (207KB, 403x433px) Image search: [Google]
1477289505842.png
207KB, 403x433px
>>36348118
My mother knew I had no friends and was scared of people the whole time I was growing up but didn't really care, except for one time in HS when out of nowhere she asked if I had any friends, I told her of course I didn't, literally all I ever did was go to school then come home, I'd never been to anyone's house or anything, she just told me to try harder and never said anything about it again. So once I got to uni I just started lying and when she bothers to call and asks what I've been doing I just claim that I'm planning to go out with friends or some shit.
>>
I love my mommy. When she dies I'll probably off myself.
>>
>>36350094
This. Uni has ruined me, I do nothing but come immediately home from class, shitpost, and cry. But I always lie when my family asks.
>>
My dad always pulls the "everyone has their own struggles"/"everyone is going through something" card.

I love him but he has no excuse to think this way. He is not a normie; he is succesful and famous but he is also very introspective and depressed, not to mention a conservative libertarian. He of all people should be aware of the massive social divide going on but of course he just gives those fuckers the benefit of the doubt. It's sickening
>>
My mother knows that I'm a little eccentric and don't function well around people but she chose not to believe that I have serious problems. She tried to help me, though. She even went to a psychiatrist with me once. But she can't internalize that her straight A child has crippling depression and wants to die. I love her so much.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.