[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>move out of parents house to my own apartment >got a job

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1481502778114.jpg (166KB, 864x864px) Image search: [Google]
1481502778114.jpg
166KB, 864x864px
>move out of parents house to my own apartment
>got a job
>literally all my income goes to rent, utilities, and food

How the fuck do people do this real life shit. I want nothing more than to move back home and have all this money available. I've been working this job for 4 months now and would have a profit of like 6 thousand dollars, but I have only 200 in my bank account because everything went to rent and other bullshit to live. What the literal fuck. It's not even a shitty min wage job either.
>>
>>36344144
How much do you make, and how much do you spend on rent/food/utilities?
>>
>>36344144
Spend less money, get a better job.
>>
>>36344259
after taxes I make 2k a month and my Rent is 1200 plus I spend about 60 dollars a week at the grocery store for food my electric is 80 and my gas is 100. plus car insurance is 100 a month. cell phone is 50 a month. PS+ is 10 a month (3 month plan).
>>
File: 1491365380998.jpg (61KB, 720x543px) Image search: [Google]
1491365380998.jpg
61KB, 720x543px
>>36344436
>my Rent is 1200
Where in the living fuck do you live?
Move out.
>>
>>36344436
Move out and get a cheaper place, or find some roommates.
>>
Get roommates man. I found mine on Craigslist and lucked the fuck out.

>rent is 405 a person
>we stay up all night getting high/drunk
>play Halo and Soul Caliber

[Spoiler] I can't believe how lucky I got finding two people randomly that I get along with. I have terrible anxiety.[/spoiler]
>>
>>36344436

get a roommate or find a cheaper place.

as rule of thumb they say you should never pay more than 30% of your income per month on rent. you're paying 1200 out of 2000, which is 60% of your income. you're paying almost twice as much as you should be.

the real issue isn't even disposable income, which you're complaining about. you've got essentially no money put away for emergencies and you're not contributing to savings of any kind, which is a massive issue that WILL bite you in the ass in the future.
>>
>>36344144
broheim, they dont want us to have money. they want us to keep working.
>>
>>36344144
Its almost like youre working to afford working.

Like some kind of... Slave...
>>
>>36344144
can someon explain to me this "move out" meme
why do americans have to move out when they get older
are you people retarded?
>>
>>36346356
yes americans are fucking retarded
>>
>>36344436

You make $2k a month and spend $1200 on rent? That's insane!

You seriously need a cheaper place. I lived in a studio apartment in the ghetto for like $400 a month for the first few years I moved out just to get on my feet. Then I moved in with a woman who was renting a room in her house for I think $500 a month and I lived there for a year.
>>
>>36346356
>are you people retarded?

Ask their parents who helped create this clusterfuck and don't want to deal with the consequences.
>>
>>36346418
i mean how and why the fuck would someones parents EVER kick someone out except if hes a crazy drug addict psyhco and why THE FUCK would you move out?
>>
Either get roommates, move into a much cheaper apartment or move back in with your parents. You are going to be barely scraping by if you keep living where you are.
>>
>>36346356
>>36346463
it's just a thing here in america. you're expected to move out by your early 20s at the latest, sometimes they boot you out when you're 18 but more often than not they'll let you stay around til you're like 22 or something...
pushing "financial independence"
>>
>>36344436

>lives somewhere where rent is $1200
>only makes $2k a month

You're doing it wrong.
>>
>moved in with brother
>one bedroom apartment
>I sleep on the floor behind the couch
>go to work 4am to 1pm, come home and play vidya for three hours
>he gets home around 4pm, I go behind the couch and watch X-Files on my laptop
>buy my own food and groceries
>he's basically forcing me to move into a two-bedroom with him because "we're two adults we can't do a one-bedroom"
>I stay out of his way, never bother him, he actually complains to our mom that I don't talk to him
>two bedroom apartment in the same complex is like 250$ more than the base rent here
>get paid biweekly, entire first paycheck and half of 2nd paycheck for each month will go to rent
>rest will go to utilities/groceries

What is this bleak subsistence
>>
>>36346463
I moved out because I was 28 and wanted more independence and to live closer to my job. My rent is only 500 euros/month though.
>>
File: smugneetscholar.jpg (121KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
smugneetscholar.jpg
121KB, 408x408px
*opens door gently*

Hey wagie! I couldn't help it, but I noticed your thread while I was browsing. You seem have to have attained a job! Congratulations! But it seems all your wealth is going to bills, rent, and taxes. This leaves no wealth to spend on yourself. Did you know slaves would work to secure house and food, but little else? Just something to think about.

Toodles
>>
>>36346356

It's not just Americans. It's protestant culture. You're left to dogs when you turn 18.

It is really a ploy by the wealthy house lords to get that sweet rent money.
>>
>>36344144
How much do you pay a month for rent?
>>
Fuck outta there m8. In the past people had shitty lives with no outlook, they migrated to a better place. You have no excuse, literally what the fuck do you have to lose?
>>
>>36344436
Rent is too high, move as soon as you can
>>
>>36346516
>>36346523
>>36346545
THANK GOD im from a catholic culture
id killmyself if i had to endure that
>>
>>36344436
lol you're paying the mortgage for a 500,000 dollar house rn. Move bruh
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.