[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I've been out of high-school for a little under a year

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_3875.jpg (80KB, 850x315px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3875.jpg
80KB, 850x315px
So, I've been out of high-school for a little under a year and decided I should probably get a GED. How easy is it to get one?
>>
File: 1492373652997.jpg (48KB, 295x270px) Image search: [Google]
1492373652997.jpg
48KB, 295x270px
>>36333933
A GED is useless. Should have stayed in school bud. Your life is over unless you are a genious with a million dollar idea
>>
>>36333933
>>36333952
GED is honestly good enough. Should be easy to get unless ur retarded.
>>
do a credited online school instead, it's a longer process but it's more respected and easy to get a high gpa. I was able to finish high school early and got accepted into college easily.
>>
>>36333952
What would he not be able to do with a GED? It's only high school.
>>
File: IMG_3876.png (166KB, 200x208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3876.png
166KB, 200x208px
>>36333952
>he honestly thinks this
Community college and transferring out is what I plan to do from the start even with a HS diploma. No one gives a hoot about a diploma or your HS days when you do that.

>>36333982
Not enough time sadly.
>>
>>36334036
*planned

Original
>>
File: 1492357482067.jpg (5KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
1492357482067.jpg
5KB, 266x190px
>>36334022
Nothing makes an employer more wet than seeing an application where the guy couldnt be assed enough to complete piss easy high schoo and opted for the inferior easy way out to salvage his situation.

The job scene already has high af standards. Aiming for a GED and quitting high school is shooting yourself in the foot.
>>
File: You_Doodle_2017-04-17T00_52_11Z.jpg (136KB, 1041x783px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2017-04-17T00_52_11Z.jpg
136KB, 1041x783px
>>36334077
The GED leads up to a degree from an actual university. You think any employer is honestly going to care that you have a GED instead of a diploma when you have a college degree? They won't
>>
It wasn't bad getting mine, I got it a few years after dropping out and didn't study for it at all and passed easily.

The only bullshit part for me was having to write an essay on "your favorite memory" which was awful because I have so few
>>
File: 10847842_640x640.jpg (30KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
10847842_640x640.jpg
30KB, 640x640px
>>36334160
>getting into a decent college with a GED

Kek
>>
>>36333952
This person is right. The idea a GED is the same as a diploma is a fallacy. The GED is not accepted by the majority of colleges if you ever decide to pursue a higher education.

You are going to have to go through an adult high school program to get any sort of diploma that compares to what you would receive in a normal high school. It can take a couple years to receive such a diploma as it's handled similar to attending a regular high school. The GED seems easy, but it is worthless.

I have a GED. I'm having to shoot loopholes through a community college that offers reciprocity to a local university, and then only from that university can I attend any other university in the U.S. It also looks terrible on a resume as everyone will assume you are a loser or retarded.
>>
No one will ever check, so just say you graduated high school, because GED is just a red flag.
>>
>>36334296
If you try to attend college, they will ask for proof of your diploma. You cannot lie. If you are just seeking employment, yes, you should lie.
>>
>>36334245
Two years of community college, big guy
>>36334268
I'll have to make due.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-31-17-47-21.png (799KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-31-17-47-21.png
799KB, 1280x800px
>>36334326
>community college

Jesus fucking christ my sides
>>
Put it this way.
It is 100% better than not having it.

>>36334365
Oh look another neet elitist on r9k, what a surprise. Stop posting till you are 18.
>>
>>36334413
Man, don't get angry. The guy is kind of right. You better make the top grades of you class if you want to end up in a worthwhile university. I'd have given anything to have been able to finish high school, but what happened to me wasn't even legal. It's why I have a GED. I don't want this shit.

Unless you are going into nursing or something in which case community college is fine.
>>
Found it easy but the math part was hard. In canada at least. Had to study.
>>
>>36334436
what happened

Oil
>>
>>36333972
No it's not. Why the fuck would an employer want to hire somebody who couldn't finish 4 fucking years in a teenage day care? Keep in mind there's hundreds of other applicants who managed to finish the school they're legally required to go to. With a GED the only decent job you could hope to get is military
>>
>>36334268

>The GED is not accepted by the majority of colleges if you ever decide to pursue a higher education.

Just go to community college, get the GenEd bullshit out of the way for cheap, and then transfer to a university.

It's literally that simple.
>>
To answer your question OP, it's incredibly easy if you know the material, and not possible if you don't.

If you are bright and devote 2-3 weeks to brushing up on all your core subjects (especially Algebra), you'll do just fine.

I got my GED and I would say for me, it was very, very easy.
>>
>>36334535
Colleges aren't required to take you or your credits and they judge it on a case by case basis. I finished highschool and I did that and I still had to jump through hoops to get into a decent uni (and had to repeat classes too because money). They still looked at my highschool transcripts as one of the entry requirements.
>>
File: 1491073281677.jpg (37KB, 272x318px) Image search: [Google]
1491073281677.jpg
37KB, 272x318px
>>36334535
Yes goy. Set your self to be at the bottom of the barrel. Don't struggle and fall for the higher education meme. Your peers will have higher salaries than you will but worry not! You could say you were comfy for a while.
>>
>>36334583

A lot of universities have arrangements with community colleges where they will take students from them in preference to students from elsewhere.
>>
>>36334509
I was hospitalized for a mental illness 3 times in high school. Otherwise, I was a good student who never got in trouble. The student counselor had a lot of power within the school I attended. She was an extremely mean person. She even had me bring in paperwork from my outpatient psychologist stating, "I was not a danger to the students." Anyhow, she hated me for going to a hospital I guess. My senior year came, and I lacked two subjects to graduate. I was doing really well. She and the principal pulled me and my father aside before the senior year started. They explained this great program where I'd attend proctored classes at the school board, and do my work through a program called PLATO. They said, you'll only have to take two courses, and you'll be finished with high school in December. It'll be great, we're excited to offer this new program. It sounded great. So, come my senior year, I went 3 times a week to the school board to do my school work. It was November, and I came up to my proctor to ask when I'd receive my grade card. This led to seeing the principal at the high school, he told us to speak to the head of the county school board. The superintendent was horrified when he met him. His eyes were watering. My high school never sent in my grades to the state. They dropped me out of high school. He told us there's unfortunately no way to call the state to say, "Hey, we forgot to send in one of our student's grades. Can you fix this?" I was now a drop out. He gave me special permission to get my GED before 18, and I did. They even waived the preliminary classes. It sucked. I don't think that's legal.

>tl;dr I got kicked out for being 'schizo' because school counselor thought I would shoot everyone up.
>>
>>36334605
I know that's the case - I went through the process - that still does not change the fact that the colleges judge applicants on a case by case basis and will check all your transcripts.
>>
OP don't be a lazy cunt. It hasn't even been a year yet just go back and finish. You're allowed to attend highschool until you're 20.
>>
Why are there people ITT telling a highschool drop out to go to university? Maybe my brain is wired differently but if someone couldn't be assed to finish the teenage daycare program that is modern highschool how do you realistically expect them to deal with college which is exponentially harder than highschool
>>
>>36334769
I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they want to struggle to achieve a better life.
>>
File: You_Doodle_2017-04-17T00_52_11Z.jpg (132KB, 1041x763px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2017-04-17T00_52_11Z.jpg
132KB, 1041x763px
>>36334769
I dropped out because HS is hell for betas, Chad.
>>
Work in the army fag. Diplomas and bullshit degrees make you nothing but a slave who thinks that work is not slavery. Working is the army has 200 benefits, and requires nothing but exercising and learning about weapons. Not studying some shit for 4 - 6 years only to end up a slave of a company.
>>
>>36335048
You don't know what you're talking about.
You need a diploma to get into the Army.
You do realize most of the talk about people in jobs with authority being stupid are from disgruntled people with a grudge, or just assholes that don't like them?
>>
>>36334436
I'm not angry. I just don't see any reason to be polite when I see yet another eyeball rolling, sigh, another dickhead know it all reply. It sounds technically right, but if you can afford to go to a top notch university you wouldn't be posting in a thread about getting GED's. If you're at a point in your life where someone is talking about getting a GED obviously some fancy university is off the table so whatever they're saying to sound smart being technically correct is so far from happening that it's completely irrelevant to the point it was just stupid to hear it.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.