[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is social media almost over yet? Can we get back to being a functional

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1457684074105.png (151KB, 306x301px) Image search: [Google]
1457684074105.png
151KB, 306x301px
Is social media almost over yet? Can we get back to being a functional society without everyone thinking they're some kind of psuedo celebrity?

I want to go back to the mid 2000's before all the fucking normals were online.
>>
File: 1466393273266.png (43KB, 542x602px) Image search: [Google]
1466393273266.png
43KB, 542x602px
Sorry anon, social media isn't just some phase. There's like 1-2 billion facebook accounts. We're way too far into this shit to ever go back
>>
its fucking eternal september
>>
>>36322239
We need a Tyler Durden to fucking crash social media servers.
>>
>>36322239
>mid 2000s

Underage OP detected
People were still narcissists & social media was getting bigger & bigger. Do you remember the MySpace emo kids & Chads/Stacies? The mid-2000s is the exact point where the heinous normans entered the internet & ruined it forever. That & people in general were just as bad natured as today.

The 2010s have been terrible, I'm sure everyone on this board agrees with your post, but the 2000s were bad in their own ways too. That & social media is way too linked to society to ever go away.
>>
I really don't get the fuss over the normie encroachment on the internet.

Social media has more or less kept normies completely secluded to social networks, apart from occasionally venturing off onto a few interest related sites or knowledge based sites for their high school or University studies the average normie doesn't venture very far and spread their taint.

The rise of apps almost excludes them from the traditional internet as a whole as they tap away on their phones.

I do hate the push for a lack of free speech and further censorship of "offensive" content, normies going to norm. The web 2.0 huge flash online advertising is annoying too but that's what AdBlock is for.
>>
>>36323763
I meant pre-MySpace so I should've said early 2000's/late 90's.

Fond memories of AOL and MSN chat rooms, geocities pages, Quake...
>>
>>36323763
Technically people tend to gravitate towards the crowd so if you could successfully get the majority away from social media or the internet by giving them some other avenue of communication, they would most likely dump social media and gravitate away. The real question is how does one go about making that happen?
>>
>>36324589
get some shitty rapper or celeb to endorse it and hype it up
>>
>>36322239
I'm sorry that you can't feel a special snowflake anymore by browsing the Internet OP. I'm sure all those dumb normies on sites you probably never visit and never will are destroying your life.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.