[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>about a week away from moving out of parent's house

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7422.jpg (74KB, 636x365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7422.jpg
74KB, 636x365px
>about a week away from moving out of parent's house
>alcoholic, angry dad finds something new to get pissed at every other day
>constantly nagging and passive aggressively telling me I'm a piece of shit
>used to ruin my mood
>dwell on it the whole day
>now taking a deep breath and reminding myself that it'll be over in 10 days

Who else here /movingout/? I wonder how I'll be without this angry motherfucker's constant need to be upset and bring others down
>>
>>36317888

where are you going, desu desu
>>
>>36317923
I'm moving in with my sister and her husband in a nearby town. But I'd honestly rather live anywhere than with this asshole. And he wonders why I hate him.
>>
>>36317888

It will be better, anon. Anger is pretty infectious.

But! interesting fact, before you leave.

Your dad is in a deep amount of pain. It's not your job to fix it, but 10 -20 years from now he's sure as shit going to regret treating you like shit. I almost feel bad for him, but at the end of the day, when the booze wears off, he's only left with hellish realizations and the knowledge that he's stuck with himself with no one to blame.

Fair warning, He's probably going to get a bit worse in the next week. He's sad that you're leaving--- oh yeah. believe it. He's sad that he couldn't of been a better father and forged a better relationship with you. And the guilt will fucking KILL him inside. My dad treated me the same way growing up-- I moved out early. On the last day we saw each other and I was preparing to seal him out of my life forever... He grabbed me as I said a cold goodbye and walked out the door. And started bawling ( Never seen my dad cry, so the tears were shocking )

>"Please. Don't go, son."
>"This is all my fault."
>"I've failed you as a father, I'm sorry I was never able to give you the love you needed"
>"I'm sorry I was never there when you needed me."

I still left, but that went a long way. About a decade later something bloomed from those ashes. I hope you find something similar to be true in your future.

Go. Be free, my man. He needs to own his shit, and until that happens, he's not a man worth investing in.
>>
>>36317888
I love my family but have been living for a year away from them.

Being on your own is awesome, I dont know if you will feel the same since youre moving in with people.

Only thing i can say is: be ORGANISED, with time, your space and money.

Being able to buy the soap you want to wash your own clothes is something you dont appreciate until you dont have the money for it.

Good luck beautiful anon
>>
>>36318349
Funny thing is, he's actually been hinting that he wants me to stay.
>You won't be able to do ... on your own
>Your job doesn't pay enough for you to survive

>>36318349
>>36318388
Thanks for the words of encouragement though, I'm kind of nervous about leaving but I know being away from this negative environment will be good for my mental health.

My dad is actually staring at me with an angry face as I walk through the house. He won't say anything to me in front of my mother (he's afraid of her) so all he can do is peek around the corner and look at me disapprovingly. It's actually pretty funny.
>>
>>36318349
fuck, the feels dude. i dont come here to cry
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.