[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

before you realized you're an inept robot, did you ever

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: sunset.jpg (95KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
sunset.jpg
95KB, 653x490px
before you realized you're an inept robot, did you ever try to do something without knowing that it's for regular people?

I went to trade school for a year to learn how to cook and I worked in restaurants for a couple of months. everyone hated me, I didn't fit in, my boss exploited me, I constantly fucked up and I'd get so nervous that I couldn't even crack an egg in the middle of service

now I'm NEET

u?
>>
I played sports until I was 15

It was nothing like my animes
>>
Four years ago, I chose to study social work because I was naive and "wanted to help people". I'm in my senior year now and I'm barely scraping by in an internship which (thankfully) ends in two weeks, doubt I'm gonna graduate, and even if I do, I'm fucked because I can't do this stuff. I really wish I had chosen computer engineering or gotten a certificate to teach English abroad.
>>
>>36308270

damn good job for sticking with it at least anon
>>
>>36308328
Thank you very much, anon, that's the kindest thing I've heard so far regarding my experience.
>>
I was a ski instructor once upon a time.
>>
>>36308270

>or gotten a certificate to teach English abroad
You can still do it. It's relatively cheap and some countries don't even bother with it. From what I've seen Spain has the best situation, assuming you manage to get a work permit visa.
>>
>>36308702
Yeah, so I've heard, it just seems a bit confusing to me where to get such a certificate, and then I'd have to actually go abroad to get experience which I don't think I have the resources for right now.
>>
>>36308270
>or gotten a certificate to teach English abroad.
I think there's a lot of places where if you're a native English speaker and have a four-year degree in anything, you're in.
>>
>>36308732

Getting the certificate is easy. Look up online places which offer classes and let you take it. You're right that finding a foothold in a foreign country is difficult. If you speak the language, it's relatively easy assuming you have money to rent a place and live off until you get a job.

The teaching abroad thing seems to be an almost perfect solution for some native English speakers. Obviously some people from here might find it difficult because of the anxiety of new surroundings, but as long as there's a will to succeed there, it shouldn't be too hard to fake/force oneself through it.
>>
>>36308732
You can get an 120-hour online one on the cheap. It's not just a throwaway thing, either. I got mine before I headed out and taught in the Caucasus, and I still use a lot of things I learned in the online class to this day.
>>
>>36308783
Neato, I'll have to check it out, thanks.
>>
Worked in retail for 3 years, and must've gotten a hundred complaints from customers and employees about my autistic behavior. Lots of you saw that it is good for developing social skills to work with people, but if you have actual autism not just shyness no amount of experience will change anything, and will only make you more self-conscious about your inability to make normal facial expressions, body language, intonation, etc, and even more jaded and indifferent towards other people.
>>
File: IMG_4626.jpg (92KB, 706x686px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4626.jpg
92KB, 706x686px
>be 22yo NEET entire life
>never had a single job
>ever
>decide to spend one week looking for jobs and submitting applications/resumes
>actually get responses from many places saying they're interested and want to interview me
>phone blowing up for 2 weeks from places I applied to
>didn't think I'd get one call back
>don't answer any calls and just let go to voicemail
>listen to voicemails and pretend I'm a normie with many prospects going for me
>never call any of them back at all
>remain NEET

I don't even know why. Maybe I like the illusion of searching for a job but not actually putting in more effort to actually get the job. I fucking hate myself
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.