[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /r9k/ it's been fun, tomorrow i go to the MEPS hotel

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (42KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
42KB, 500x332px
hey /r9k/

it's been fun, tomorrow i go to the MEPS hotel and I fly down to MCRD SD the following day. see you in july.

best of luck to you all,
anon
>>
>>36304407
>being physically and mentally capable of joining the military

back to rebbit
>>
>>36304407
You can still back out.
>>
>>36304407
>MCRD SD
Go to college, you can still get out. Don't show up. You will regret your decison. Life is strict in the military. You become government property legally and you have your rights taken away and you are under an additional set of laws called the UCMJ. They can throw you in prison for not doing what a staff sergeant tells you to do. GO TO COLLEGE.
>>
>>36304407
Godspeed, future....soldier?
>>
>>36304437
i drank the flavorade, that's not what i want to do.
>>36304448
i dropped out of college
>>
>>36304472
Go back to college. I'm in the military, you are going to freaking regret it. You also get paid close to the poverty line in the military. GO TO FREAKING COLLEGE, and if you like the military become an officer not ENLISTED. Enlisted is working class for of chads and rednecks who love to hunt, fish, drive pick up trucks, cuss every second.
>>
>>36304503
What branch are you? I'm in the process of joining the Army. Just waiting for my MEPS appointment
>>36304407
What branch are you joining and what job?
>>
>>36304407
Good luck Recruit! My brothers were Marines but I went Army, yours is still a respectable pursuit though. Good luck with Boot Camp, and remember, don't buy an expensive ass car when you get out.
>>
File: 1490248964515.jpg (75KB, 910x719px) Image search: [Google]
1490248964515.jpg
75KB, 910x719px
>>36304558
usmc, aviation
>>36304570
thanks man, this board can be pretty sincere at times
>>
>>36304558
I'm in the U.S Air Force been in for over a year. Found out the military sucks, so do the benefits. Healthcare sucks too. You are treated by uneducated military officers who are doctors like fresh out of college. The pay sucks too. You get paid like 1100 a month for your first 6 months. It's high stressed the military and you have no rights. You are a prisoner. People kill themselves in the military because of the stress.
>>
>>36304596
>Chair Force
>Complaining about the stress and pay
Holy shit you motherfuckers are something.

>>36304558
I wouldn't listen to that guy, you're at least willing to join a man's branch.
>>
dude usmc makes you run 3 miles

3 fucking miles in like 21 minutes

how

it takes me 11 minutes for just one mile and thats all i can do
>>
>>36304593
Marines, awesome. I plan on joining the Army myself.
>>36304596
I hear nothing but good things about the Air Force, I'm sorry to hear it doesn't seem to be working for you. What do you do?
>>
File: engine09.jpg (30KB, 399x242px) Image search: [Google]
engine09.jpg
30KB, 399x242px
>>36304647
Quit calling my branch chair force. I don't have a desk job. I perform aircraft maintenance. If I lose a tool the whole fleet of planes are grounded because of me. If I mess up turning a wrench I die. Or I perform a maintenance procedure wrong aircrew dies 30000 feet in the air and the plane crashes and I go to prison. Do you know how dangerous an airplane is? Ever felt the burning sensation on your internal organs from color weather radar? I just worked for 4 months outside in 10-20 degree weather outside for 9 hours straight, 4 months straight I do more than you. People also lose their hearing doing this job
>>
>>36304647
Not even going to lie, I'm joining the Army with the intent of getting a desk job since I scored highest in CL line score with infantry as last resort. I'm trying to force myself to think ahead rather than getting the "full infantry army experience". You know?
>>
>>36304708
Exactly why I decided not go AF. Mechanics isn't bad, but I wanted options and the recruiter was an ass.
>>
File: IMG_3052.jpg (63KB, 709x462px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3052.jpg
63KB, 709x462px
>>36304503
jokes on you I have a useless liberal arts degree so now I can yell at retards with high school diplomas or lesser degrees because that's how it works for some reason
>>
>>36304655
I couldn't even run a mile when i joined the Army, now i can do 2 in 13 minutes.

>>36304407
I've been a medic in the army for 11 months, in Korea now (don't come here) and enjoyed every single day since i enlisted but most people hate it. Whatever you do, don't sign a contract for longer than 4 years, don't do artillery or be an MP, and don't do anything related to comms. Otherwise it's not bad. By the end of basic you will want to deploy and kill terrorists n shit so don't worry if you have a combat MOS or not.
>>
File: 1488264462943.png (222KB, 512x411px) Image search: [Google]
1488264462943.png
222KB, 512x411px
>>36304407
>tfw all I wanted in life was to join the military but am unfit for duty

Good luck though anon, I hope everything works out for you
>>
>>36304708
Start wearing shit to protect your ears!
>>
>>36304708
>Not getting shot at while crawling through the desert.
Still sounds like a better deal.

>>36304719
I won't fault you for that, as much as your drillsergeants will say otherwise, the war is pretty much over.

>>36304503
I've never met an officer that I liked. The lot of them are self-congratulating bastards letting an archaic and outdated system make them feel superior to the guys who get the actual work done.
>>
>>36304862
People are thinking that there is thinly veiled threat of war- that war could break out at any moment. I don't know against whom. What's your opinion on that?If all goes well, I'm joining the Army regardless.
>>
>>36304918
Congress hasn't had the stomach to send us to fight since fucking 2001. Barring North Korea actually launching nukes, or Russia deciding to attack Americans in Syria, don't expect anything more than limited engagements and "peace keeping missions" like Afghanistan or our current presence in Syria and Iraq.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.