[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I inherited $380,000. Not a joke. I'm a depressed wizard

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: duck.jpg (123KB, 948x704px) Image search: [Google]
duck.jpg
123KB, 948x704px
I inherited $380,000. Not a joke. I'm a depressed wizard and now this happens, I don't even know what to do. It's all invested in ETFs and real estate right now, but I'm free to liquidate it at any time.

What do?
>>
File: 1478315513476.png (332KB, 554x584px) Image search: [Google]
1478315513476.png
332KB, 554x584px
invest at least 150k of it into vanguards and other investments that are good for decent-high capital with moderate risk

pay off a simple home with a bit of land away from folks; far enough where you aren't hemmed in by your fellow humanity but close enough where you can get high-speed internet and all that

and then you can decide what you'd like to do; living somewhat frugally is really all you need to do from here on out

congrats, cheers m8. whats your living situation now? gonna be going from living with parents or other arrangement?
>>
>>36302279

GIEF MONEEZ PLOX OP PLS IM SO POOR NIGGA
>>
>>36302279
Buy a house and become a NEET king
>>
>>36302279
>what do?

give me some of that money nigga ...p-please...? ;_;
>>
File: 1475022907390.jpg (23KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1475022907390.jpg
23KB, 500x377px
Why do people continue to make this thread? It's the same replies every time
>>
>>36302341
Thank you anon. Funny you mention those things. $180k is in VTSAX, and $200k is in a paid off house which I've moved into (in the suburbs unfortunately, just families and empty nesters around here). I think if I rent out a couple rooms I could stop working if I live really frugally (~12k/yr).

I'm not sure what to do now. Quit my job and just loaf around? All I do is work and exercise, I have no friends and no social hobbies. And >no gf of course.
>>
Invest a small portion of it in Bitcoins. Not any more than you're willing to lose. They can be bought at one of the many exchanges listed on the bitcoinity.org trading tracker.
>>
Read this:

http://archive.li/vhkvr

Then go be like Will and leave dozens of mad greedy whores in your wake.
>>
>>36302279
Can you buy me something?
>>
>>36302506
I actually purchased some bitcoin back in 2013 and sold it during the spike, made a small profit. I'm too scared that someone will discover a critical flaw that will crash the whole thing.
>>
>>36302279
Not enough to fix your problems. Keep it invested.
>>
>>36302559
Yeah you're probably right. If I ever manage to get a gf the passive income won't be enough to support a family, which I'd love to have.
>>
>>36302470
if you're able to get some nice, worry-free tenants i'm sure that passive income would be able to sustain ya

i wouldn't advise immediately quitting the job you've got simply because you've got some stacks now. that isn't purely financial, either. from my experience (which admittedly didnt involve having much cash), not having a job makes it far easier to stagnate and degenerate something awful

as far as the social situation, my perspective does not allow for very much advice. at least as far as making new friends goes. i've been extremely blessed with a modestly large and extremely solid+high-quality friend group since 2006. added some, lost some. i woulda turned out WAAAAY fucked had i not lucked out in the small rural town i landed in

again from my perspective, i'd suggest maybe recreational or scenario paintball for a hobby. the folk there are generally, outside of hardcore LARPers or the ilk at large scenario games, really nice and inviting. they can tend to be somewhat spergy or nerdy as well!

and since you've got the shekels now, you could play however much you wanted. fun as hell, buddy
>>
>>36302541

Noice I bought mine in 2013 as well. Still have them.

That's why I wrote don't invest more than you're willing to lose. There's definitely an amount of risk involved, but that's how you make money. There was recently a scare with a possible hard-fork from the whole Bitcoin Unlmited thing. False alarm and Bitcoin has stayed relatively sound for years.

Most of the flaws are in the exchanges themselves, which have improper security and get hacked. That's why you keep your Bitcoins off of there and in your wallet.
>>
>Not investing in penny stocks
GET THE FUCK OUT YOU FUCKING RICH FUCKING CHAD NORMIE FAGET
REEEEE
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.