[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm what a lot of you would think of as a normie. Four years

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 0.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
I'm what a lot of you would think of as a normie. Four years ago, this probably would not have been the case as a 24 year old virgin; but as of now I have been in a stable relationship for the last three years and eight months. I shouldn't be able to so accurately reel off the time it has been - the number comes to me so quickly though as it is starting to feel like an ongoing prison sentence.

I could tolerate my girlfriend's raging mood swings, her sheer lack of rationality despite her undeniable intelligence, her infantile tantrums, and we could live extremely comfortably when we graduate in a few years as a surveyor (me) and a doctor (her). I could keep her knowing that looks-wise, I am punching well above my weight - she's the sort of girl 60 year old executives would pay four grand to spend the night with, whereas I have the looks of a serial flasher. I could do this as I know she would never split up with me. I've attempted to split up with her so many times I have lost count - when I do so she breaks into hysterics and makes me genuinely believe she cannot go on without me, and I relent.

Our relationship has gradually become more and more fucked up. Now I think she sees me more as a father figure than her partner. I am not a dominant person, but I am assertive, rational and masculine, whereas her father is an abusive, pathetic alcoholic. Since we started seeing each other she has become close to estranged from her parents.

At times I want so desperately to leave her I want to scream it in her face. There are times when I am happy with her too, but these are becoming less and less frequent whilst the former becomes the norm. My fantasy is to live by myself in a small flat, reading books, listening to headphones, smoking cannabis without interference from anyone else. I want to slip into a cold bed by myself every night and relish the silence and solitude.

If you are single and content, I envy you and hope to find the courage to join you soon.
>>
post a pic of this bitch
>>
>>36299853
No. I would have posted on /b/ if revenge was my intention.
>>
hey anon,

i've been lonely for a while, after being in a relationship for a while.

most problems we have are because we don't communicate well enough with each other.

maybe you need some time apart, but try not to burn any bridges, if you can help it.
>>
>>36300537
Thanks for the reply anon, expected this thread to die.

I like to think I'm a tactful person and can communicate well. Fuck, I've worked with homeless people for the last five years and I'm the only person in the office who has never had a death threat for rubbing up an enraged mentally ill alcoholic criminal the wrong way.

For some reason though, with my girlfriend, the slightest criticism of her actions (such as running 20 miles yesterday when she had a chest infection and should have been in bed) or suggestions of how we can improve things (our sex life is moribund as of late and I know that doesn't help her anxiety) set her off the rails. If she saw a shrink I'm confident she'd be diagnosed as bipolar (thus completely fucking up her career) - her mother is, but she won't seek help. I've feared for her safety several times.

I know that to an extent I'm being selfish. She may well get better and if my levels of patience were infinite I could possibly help her through this. I also wonder sometimes if I'm making it worse, and from my own point of view dealing with her is starting to affect my own mental health.
>>
>>36300929
Just to clarify when I complain of her not seeking help I don't think brandishing her with a label is a good idea and I am sympathetic that she doesn't want a diagnosis of bipolar disorder. For most careers you could keep it concealed, but unfortunately a doctor really isn't one of them and it would heavily affect things despite all the equality legislation in place.

She could speak to a councillor or psychologist though without any impact on medical records, I just wish I could convince her.
>>
>>36299795
After 3 years, can you see yourself marrying/having kids with her? If not, then you should probably move along.

You've got maybe 10 years before you absolutely have to marry whoever you're seeing if you ever want to have kids. So you've still got time to get out, and if this chick is going to turn your hair grey prematurely that's probably what you should do.
>>
>>36301108
I can, but it is an idealised version of her I have not seen for some time. There is a chance that the person I am with now is just mentally ill and this is something that will pass; it is equally if not more likely though that she did not display her true self to me in the earlier period of our relationship and no longer has the energy to keep up the front. Right now it feels like an endurance test with nod end in sight.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.