[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any christian robots here? I don't normally go to church

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10

Any christian robots here?

I don't normally go to church but I want to go to church for Easter. I have no idea what to do in a church service and will probably just end up looking like an idiot.

Any tips?
>>
just do what everyone else does anon. it's easy to follow and you don't have to say any of the prayers if you don't know them
>>
>>36294575
Restore the Byzantine Empire
>>
>>36294575
No one really cares. Just go.
I might go too (if i wake up early enough for morning service)
Regardless i should visit a church.
>>
File: DEUSVULT.jpg (152KB, 1040x826px) Image search: [Google]
DEUSVULT.jpg
152KB, 1040x826px
Just stand, sit, and neel when everyone does so, don't take communion if you aren't confirmed, and make sure to put some money in the donation basket if it comes around.
>>
File: Christ_926e85_5948066.jpg (67KB, 680x782px) Image search: [Google]
Christ_926e85_5948066.jpg
67KB, 680x782px
>>36294575
Just don't go to a Catholic church
They are HERETICS that barely reads the Bible
They pray and worship mary, graven images, saints and idols

Exodus 20:4-6 You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea. You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods. I lay the sins of the parents upon their children, the entire family is affected
even children in the third and fourth generations of those who reject me. But I lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations on those who love me and obey my commands.

Deuteronomy 4:23-24 Be careful not to forget the covenant of the LORD your God that he made with you; do not make for yourselves an idol in the form of anything the LORD your God has forbidden. For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.

Exodus 34:14 Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.
Colossians 3:5 Therefore consider the members of your earthly body as dead to immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed, which amounts to idolatry.

Deuteronomy 4:16-18 so that you do not act corruptly and make a graven image for yourselves in the form of any figure, the likeness of male or female, the likeness of any animal that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged bird that flies in the sky, the likeness of anything that creeps on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the water below the earth.

Leviticus 26:1 Do not make idols or set up carved images, or sacred pillars, or sculptured stones in your land so you may worship them. I am the LORD your God.

Psalm 97:7 All who worship images are put to shame, those who boast in idols worship him, all you gods!

Isaiah 42:8 I am the LORD, that is my name! I will not give my glory to anyone else, nor share my praise with carved idols.
There's even more.
>>
File: Christ_d01182_5948066.jpg (83KB, 678x678px) Image search: [Google]
Christ_d01182_5948066.jpg
83KB, 678x678px
>>36295440
Jeremiah 10:14-15 Every man is stupid and without knowledge; every goldsmith is put to shame by his idols, for his images are false, and there is no breath in them. They are worthless, a work of delusion, at the time of their punishment they shall perish.

Leviticus 19:4 Do not put your trust in idols or make metal images of gods for yourselves. I am the LORD your God.

Ephesians 5:5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person such a person is an idolater has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Isaiah 44:8-11 Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one. All who make idols are nothing, and the things they treasure are worthless. Those who would speak up for them are blind; they are ignorant, to their own shame. Who shapes a god and casts an idol, which can profit nothing? People who do that will be put to shame, such craftsmen are only human beings. Let them all come together and take their stand, they will be brought down to terror and shame.
>>
>>36295440
That sure is a lot of old testament verses, which is great. However if you believe all of those surely you believe and follow the Sabbath too right?
I mean, it is a commandment too...
>>
File: purple-scarlet-harlot3 (1).jpg (48KB, 550x133px) Image search: [Google]
purple-scarlet-harlot3 (1).jpg
48KB, 550x133px
>>36294575
Also the book of Revelations
Warned us about Catholics

Revelations 17:4
The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries.
>pic related.

This should be enough for you to stay away from Catholics.
>>
File: 1478623278667.jpg (189KB, 888x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1478623278667.jpg
189KB, 888x1120px
>>36295791
>>36295440
>>36295584
OP is clearly Orthodox
>>
File: 1492224966653.png (396KB, 899x1284px) Image search: [Google]
1492224966653.png
396KB, 899x1284px
>>36295737
Ephesius and Corinthians are new testament
Jesus abolished the Sabbath but show me a verse o Jesus saying idolatry is ok

Mathew 12
At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry and began to pick some heads of grain and eat them. 2 When the Pharisees saw this, they said to him, Look! Your disciples are doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath.

3 He answered, Haven't you read what David did when he and his companions were hungry? 4 He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests. 5 Or haven't you read in the Law that the priests on Sabbath duty in the temple desecrate the Sabbath and yet are innocent? 6 I tell you that something greater than the temple is here. 7 If you had known what these words mean, I desire mercy, not sacrifice, you would not have condemned the innocent. 8 For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.

9 Going on from that place, he went into their synagogue, 10 and a man with a shriveled hand was there. Looking for a reason to bring charges against Jesus, they asked him, Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?

11 He said to them, If any of you has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will you not take hold of it and lift it out? 12 How much more valuable is a person than a sheep! Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.

13 Then he said to the man, Stretch out your hand. So he stretched it out and it was completely restored, just as sound as the other. 14 But the Pharisees went out and plotted how they might kill Jesus.

John 5:16 forward.
So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jewish leaders began to persecute him. 17 In his defense Jesus said to them, My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working
>>
Is Religion the path to happiness? I've been down and out lately and feel nothing really matters.
>>
>>36296523
At the very least it will give you hope for a better afterlife. And that hope will keep you from an heroing because most religions have a "kill yourself and go to Hell" clause.
>>
>>36296704
>And that hope will keep you from an heroing because most religions have a "kill yourself and go to Hell" clause.
So you be sayin, hold on. YOU be saying that if I were to kill myself before becoming religious i would've been in damnation by now? Or Just straight up Hell.
>>
>>36296523
Yes, I would say so. If you don't want to go down the path of self-destruction, then you must follow the path of salvation.
>>
>>36296824
Picking a religion is like gambling for your afterlife if the atheists are wrong. You don't know what religion it is. You choose a religion under the presumption that the God/Gods/truths have always existed and the religion's holy book has always been relevant. Operating under this assumption, yes, you would be in Hell or whatever equivalent it is. If no religions are right, you'd be in nothingness or simply not have the conscious to know you're dead. In any case it's safer to try to adopt a religion so you have some sort of hope of not being thrown into damnation.
>>
>>36296976
>If no religions are right, you'd be in nothingness or simply not have the conscious to know you're dead.
I'd be a ghost? A revenant? Or will I still feel alive but really I'm gone. Like I can still be around to walk earth but nobody can see me, is that how it goes? I always believed the latter because I feel like depending how I die I'll be able to take whatever I had with me. Like the clothes I have on right now. Or are materialistic possessions not aloud.
>>
File: Christ_28884c_5948066.jpg (50KB, 443x523px) Image search: [Google]
Christ_28884c_5948066.jpg
50KB, 443x523px
>>36296523

When Samuel went to look for the new king of Israel, David had stronger and taller brothers, and Samuel being human couldn't look past that

But the LORD said to Samuel, Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.

The Lord looks beyond, the world closed his arms for you, but the Lord's arms are alwaya open for you
>>
>>36295440
>>36295584

It is all a matter of perspective

For example, many muslims are repulsed by all christians carrying crucifixes or having pictures of Jesus. They believe that it constitutes idolatry.

But you know in your heart that it isn't. Because by wearing the crucifix or having a picture of our lord, you are not venerating the piece of metal of the ink and paper. You are venerating what it represents. This should be very easy for you to understand.

>>36295791

Congraatulations. You found pictures of a Catholic wearing purple, a bishop wearing jewels, and a priest holding a cup, and you matched them to a passage from revelations. I could do the same for the protestants, or any one I don't like.

Revelations is a troublesome book for the protestants. It's a book full of allegory and hidden meanings. A lot of the bible is. But protestantism relies on the doctrine of literalism.

Why do you think that protestants believe in young earth creationism but Catholics reject it?
Because if the bible isn't meant to be taken literally, then that means an authority needs to interpret the bible for a unified faith. And since protestants reject authority, the bible needs to be the only authority. And if it is to be the only authority, it needs to be straightforward and literal. Which leads to a broken belief system.
>>
>>36296976
>>36297052
By my guess, I'd surmise we're not really that much different from other animals on the Earth. Which means when you die, your consciousness also is eliminated. You as the concept of your mind doesn't exist anymore. Your body decomposes.
>>
File: 2462523572.jpg (48KB, 564x764px) Image search: [Google]
2462523572.jpg
48KB, 564x764px
She is weeping bitter tears of sympathy for your suffering in this vale of tears.

Why don't you ask for her intercession?
>>
>>36297169
basically this
apologetics is strong in you
>>
File: 1467689529366.jpg (46KB, 620x453px) Image search: [Google]
1467689529366.jpg
46KB, 620x453px
>>36294575
If this is true>>36296027 Then prepare to stand up for a very, very long time during service.
>>
>>36297169
Find me a verse that matches Protestants as well as that verse matched Catholics
We believe in the authority of Jesus, holy spirit and God
The pope is human like anyone else, who gives him the higher authority to bless?
What kind of divine power does this mortal man posseses? How many miracles have the pope done?
What makes him better and wiser than any other seasoned Christian.
You treat the pope like the head of church which he isn't

Ephesians 5:23
The husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.

That's why Protestants do not have a worldwide head of church.

Also, why do priests or any Catholic church authority practices celibacy when the Bible says otherwise

1 Timothy 3:2

A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach.

Man have sexual desires, they must marry so they can have sex without sinning. only Jesus that is God himself could be so pure in absolut perfection avoiding sexual desires completely.
Your priests can't get the desires out of them that's why your church is riddled with pedophilia, and other sexual abominations.

Also your church authorities should be humble, all the golden cups, jewelery you use is against the teachings of Jesus

Matthew 10 verse 9 to 10

Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

9 Do not get any gold or silver or copper to take with you in your belts
10 no bag for the journey or extra shirt or sandals or a staff, for the worker is worth his keep.

I give you several biblical verses supporting my points while you only give your personal opinion on it
Come back to me when you actually read the Bible.
>>
>>36297987

That verse hardly matches Catholics at all. It's vague enough to match anyone.
Purple was the colour of royalty, and the cup doesn't have to mean a literal cup.
You are ignoring that the passage is referring to a woman, while the church authority is primarily made up of men. Or is that the one clause that is supposed to be metaphorical?

Many scholars believe that much of revelations was speaking about the current roman authority at the time and the persecutions Christians were facing. It was a book that is vague enough to be timeless and speak about persecution through the ages.
Like I said, it's hard to argue when you are thinking from a literalist viewpoint.

>The pope is human like anyone else, who gives him the higher authority to bless?

Jesus himself. Jesus gave his apostles the authority to forgive sins and drive out demons. This authority was passed on from the apostles to their successors, the priests and the bishops of the Catholic Church. If they are not special, then what was the point of Jesus granting his apostles that authority?

Yes, it was true. Saint Paul of Tarsus did advise the bishops he was writing to to have one wife.
But he also said that it was better to remain single, so that they can fully devote themselves to God. He would have preffered everyone was celibate like him, but acknowledged that most lay people have their own gifts. The bible doesn't "say otherwise" about the subject of celibacy.

And as for the not wearing shirts or sandles, that is another case where your literalist interpretation clashes with what should be taken metaphorically.

The resplendant majesty of the Church only serves to increase the faith of those in it.
>>
If it's not too late, go to the easter vigil after saturday sundown.

It is much better than easter day mass
>>
>>36298501
HERETIC, take the Bible as is
Or don't take it at all, Everything you don't like is metaphorical
By doing this you're implying the Bible isn't the perfect word of God and somehow you're allowed to ignore any words or anything that shows how perverted your church is.

Revelations 22:19
if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

The reason it says women, is because the church is the bride of Christ
Proves once again your biblical illiteracy

2 Corinthians 11
I hope you will put up with me in a little foolishness. Yes, please put up with me! 2 I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him.

Ephesians 5:23/24
Wives, be subject to your husbands as you are to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife just as Christ is the head of the church, the body of which he is the Savior. 24 Just as the church is subject to Christ, so also wives ought to be, in everything, to their husbands.
More info if you're interested

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bride_of_Christ

Anyone that is watching this discussion can clearly notice my superior Bible knowledge. You haven't quoted the Bible once, proving again your biblical illiteracy.
>>
>>36299359

The bible was always seen as a part of the Church. Compiled by the Catholic Church as a guide to the faithful.

Not as the sole authority as protestants believe.
And no, I can't believe that a book compiled by the Church contains proof that the Church is wrong. It's a bit of a stretch for me
>>
>>36299862
The book was compiled by the church's authorities, but they didn't divinely inspire it, God can say things against the church if they're not doing things correctly.
Also the dangers of seeing the Bible metaphorically is that who gets to choose what is and what isn't metaphorical? We can't know if God meant something else.

I could cheat on my wife and say God didn't really mean the adultery thing
It's metaphorical
You could have premarital sex and say well God didn't mean that too it's metaphorical
Homosexuality? Metaphorical
What about blasphemy? That could be metaphorical too
When you begin to disregard the Bible on grounds of being metaphorical you're going to a dangerous path of doubt that has no return.
>>
Someone invited me to church with him (i'm not christian myself but i might have wanted to see how it is)

But I don't really feel like going, what would be a good excuse?
>>
>>36301408
Just do it. You might enjoy it or learning something new
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.