[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /deepthinker/ here? I obsessively think about deep stuff

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: wojak.jpg (15KB, 229x246px)
wojak.jpg
15KB, 229x246px
who /deepthinker/ here?

I obsessively think about deep stuff but I don't like studying or doing any work. plus when I try study and work I'm so distracted by all the /deepthinker/ stuff in my head. I'm not trying to peddle the 'smart but lazy' meme here, I'm just saying that I'm nagged by deep stuff

what should I do?
>>
>>36284307
>who /deepthinker/ here?I obsessively think about deep stuff but I don't like studying or doing any work. plus when I try study and work I'm so distracted by all the /deepthinker/ stuff in my head. I'm not trying to peddle the 'smart but lazy' meme here, I'm just saying that I'm nagged by deep stuff what should I do?
Ok, 18 yo guy.
>>
>>36284337

I'm 24, not 18
>>
>>36284307
Write your deep thoughts down. Than look for papers or books similar to your deep thoughts, than you reconsider them and write down the new stuff.
>>
>>36284430
Should be then
>>
>>36284430

that's studying and work anon
>>
>>36284366
Well your development has obviously been arrested. Try applying your /deep thoughts/ to actual life pursuits.
>>
>tfw hear stacies laughing at me in the distance as I ponder the meaning of life

Fuck too real
>>
>>36284445
Well in that case I can't help you
>>
I tend to "over think" a lot of things.

It depresses me a lot because there's almost always a negative conclusion.
>>
File: IMG_0210.jpg (46KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0210.jpg
46KB, 655x527px
>>36284456
I'll arrest you, bitch
>>
>>36284307
I'd look into ways people with ADD cope with their distractability and remain focused and on-task. Sounds like you've got a similar thing going on.
>>
>>36284466
>Stacies laugh at me
>Instead of shaking it off I start thinking about how society functions off of the systemic subjugation of the weak and the undesirable in order to keep the mediocre content and self-satisfied enough to continue wasting their meaningless lives on social media consuming and producing nothing
>>
>>36284993
It's like designating an 'other' to project all your insecurities and negative traits onto so you can feel good about yourself is a mentally lazy and shitty trick that most people employ.
>>
>>36285037
If you want to unite a people, you give them a common enemy. In school, it's the nerds and the outsiders. In college, it's the unfuckables. In the real world, it's the bums and the destitute. The common link is that it's always those who live lives which differ from what the mediocres have been brainwashed into believing is the norm. Different is weird and weird is bad because weird threatens to unravel the lies they've sold to us to keep us placid: go to school and get an education so you can get a decently paying but ultimately meaningless job, get married, raise kids the world doesn't need and die having given up on your hopes and dreams a long time ago.
>>
>>36285089

please get out of my thread you're making me look bad
>>
>>36285143
there's no falsehood in anything I've said
>>
>>36284307
I wish I had someone to talk something meaningful with. Why is no one interested in philosophy, history, politics or any of the big questions of life? I'm studying in a world-leading medical school for God's sake, my friends are legitimately intelligent people but still it's all just meaningless pop culture..
>>
>>36284307

I just tend to research living costs in major cities such as NYC, London, Toronto etc.
>>
>>36285244
Look at the world as it is now, anon, and ask yourself again why so few people want to actually think about it
>>
>don't argue about shit or say anything
>girls like me because I'm dark and mysterious
>tip my fedora on the way out of class out of habit but they think I'm up to something
>wicked fast instincts cause me to constantly jump from shadow to shadow, my trailing trenchcoat making me seem as though I am moving darkness
>when girls find out I'm into the occult and Nazism they act aghast but really I can tell they're into the danger
>>
>>36285178

>If you want to unite a people, you give them a common enemy. In school, it's the nerds and the outsiders.

nobody is "giving" kids a common enemy, ostracization arises naturally

>The common link is that it's always those who live lives which differ from what the mediocres have been brainwashed into believing is the norm.

not really, in the college example you gave someone unfuckable could just be ugly or something, and there's plenty of admiration for weird people in society, and again nobody is brainwashing you

>Different is weird and weird is bad because weird threatens to unravel the lies they've sold to us to keep us placid

nobody is selling you lies to keep you placid, and weird people don't threaten some intellectual or philosophical revolution

>go to school and get an education so you can get a decently paying but ultimately meaningless job

good advice, but nobody is recommending that you get a meaningless job, the most common advice is to make your job something you love doing

>get married

there's an expectation that people will get married because most people think it's desirable to spend your life with someone you love

>raise kids the world doesn't need

people raise kids because they find it to be meaningful, nobody cares what the world "needs"

>die having given up on your hopes and dreams a long time ago.

nobody is telling you to do this
>>
>>36285279
And yet that just makes it even more important. Plus, I might be able to find some way of making life worthwhile again.
>>
>>36284307
I do become kind of zombified and dazed when i am in deep thought about something
But i can still function
Its also never about anything deep though
Its usually just me fantasizing
>>
>>36284536
Same
I fucked myself often because of said over thinking
>>
>>36285089
Why am I reading this with the voice of Morpheus in my mind???
>>
kek, this is literally me at 14
>>
File: FB_IMG_1487961580375.jpg (35KB, 540x537px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1487961580375.jpg
35KB, 540x537px
>>36284307
>You spend All fucking day thinking about the Nature of reality.
>Cant bring yourself to study one fucking hour for uni.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.