[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>get in an argument with my mom about her forcing religion

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: 1470591033228.jpg (13KB, 300x184px) Image search: [Google]
1470591033228.jpg
13KB, 300x184px
>get in an argument with my mom about her forcing religion on me
>"Don't you think religion should be a personal choice instead of something I'm forced to believe?"
>"It's our family tradition."
>"So you do to your kid what your parents did to you without even stopping to ask yourself why or if it's good?"
>she gets fucking furious and locks herself in her room
Fuck this. I'm not some fedora-tipping faggot--I have no problem with religion, I just don't personally believe in God. If I want to eat chicken on a day that just so happens to have some arbitrary holy restrictions on doing so that I don't care about, why shouldn't I be able to? That's my choice. How can anyone justify this shit?
>>
File: daddy.png (367KB, 895x565px) Image search: [Google]
daddy.png
367KB, 895x565px
>arguing with a roastie

wow lad
>>
Can't you just do this one thing for your poor mother???

She's not asking you to believe in Jesus, shes just wants you to joined n the family in a tradition. Be one with the family.

Its just chicken, make this one small sacrifice to make your mom happy, she does so much for you.
>>
>>36282417
>bringing the unending suffering that is life
Uh. Ok
>>
>>36282368
When i was 16 my mother was telling me to get ready for church and I told her I didn't want to go. She said, "it's your religion, you have to" and my response was, "it's your religion not mine". Bless her soul she dropped it and never tried to make me go again. I went to church with her on Easter and Christmas until I was like 24 when she stopped trying to get our family to go because no one else cared. I stopped taking Eucharist when I was probably 19 or 20. She paid a fuck load of money for me to go to Catholic school from age 5 to 18 and after being forced to get deep into studying Christianity I realized it was bullshit. I remember back to about 3rd grade (it's funny because 7 is the age of reason in catholocism and thats when i started questioning the existance of God) and not really buying into it when I found out santa and the Easter bunny were lies. In 6th grade when we studied the book of Job I was horrified and thought God was a massive fuck wad if he was real. I never heard the word atheist until I was a freshman in high school and I found out that was what I was. For the most part I forget that religion exists in my day to day life and I'm a bit surprised when someone brings it up but things have been fine. The only thing that bothers me is that I specifically decided not to get confirmed in the Catholic faith when I was a teenager and that means I can't get married in a Catholic church. My mother and my gf's parents are Catholic and I've honestly never talked to my gf about god in the three years we've been togeather because I don't care what her beliefs are.
>>
>>36282417
That's not the point, it's the principle of the matter. It's not hard for me to do something like this--I could stop eating meat for the whole month if I wanted to. But the thing is I didn't want to, and yet she forced me to anyway without giving me a choice or considering my feelings or beliefs. How does that make any sense? How would me eating a tiny piece of chicken breast for lunch affect her in any way? Isn't the whole virtuous aspect of piety to choose to be pious despite having the choice not to? Giving your life savings to the poor isn't a moral act if you're only doing it because someone has a gun to your head. Why should I be made to follow the traditions of a religion I don't even believe in just to please someone else? I sure as fuck wouldn't do that to her.
>>
>>36282652
Sometimes we do things for other people that we don't want to do.

Do you think your mother has ever put you over her? Do you think she has ever done something for you that she didn't want to do?

I was understand where you are coming from and I'm not saying you are wrong but in the end, its a piece of chicken and by you not eating it would have made her so happy.
>>
File: 1461198899566.jpg (65KB, 365x500px) Image search: [Google]
1461198899566.jpg
65KB, 365x500px
>>36282368
It's worse if you're from a Muslim family
>>
>>36282724
Typical normie trying to guilt trip us.
>>
OP, don't listen to this fucking faggot >>36282724, he is self-castrated and emasculated beyond measure.

My dysfunctional family forced their shitty religion upon me until I was 14, but I knew law would work against them and I would take action if they force me any further to do the shit they wanted me to do.

It's now seven years since then, these tyrants can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>36282368
>>36282368
"One doesn't realize that he is wearing a fedora until another points it out."

Put yourself in your mom's shoes:
>"I *can* not drink for my 9-month long pregnancy, but it's the principle of the matter that I don't agree with."

Just don't eat chicken for one day dude.
>>
>>36282801
>brought anon into the eternal plane of suffering
Um fuck no bitch you should've gotten the coat hanger.
Not talking for OP tho.
>>
>itt: MOMMY WONT COOK ME TENDIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRE
>>
>>36282801
>"One doesn't realize that he is wearing a fedora until another points it out."
must be nice making your own quotes on the spot
why do normies love telling us what to do? and its always under the guise of ""helping""
>>
>>36282826
eh, i'm just speaking as a growing robot who didn't realize how much his mom did for him until she was dead
>>
Well, if your mom is cooking or paying for your food she has a right to not give you chicken. If it's your own damn chicken, then she shouldn't be able to say shit (although I'd still be polite and not eat in front of her, just like I'd not talk about food in front of someone who was fasting).

I ktf, OP.

>mom denies that I'm an atheist

I'm not a fedora-tipper, but I'll just mention it in casual conversation. "He was being so rude, and I was thinking, hey, I'm an atheist, too, but you sh-" "You're a Catholic, you were baptised."

What pisses me off the most about this is that my mother was never religious, but I was. My mom never goes to Church or reads the Bible, she just prays nightly.

When I was younger, I used to pray every night of my own volition, fast, read the Bible, and drag my own ass to Church. I even wanted to be a nun. Now I'm an atheist and she fucking preaches to ME. I could still talk fucking circles about her and quote the Bible verbatim.

>>36282417
Kind of agree with this.

>>36282635
>not caring what your gf's beliefs are

Religion affects my life in no way but this seems like a huge aspect of a person's personality I'm shocked it's not an issue.

Like...how? It seems flippant.
>>
File: die.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
die.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
>>36282896
>providing basic life supplies
>OMG MY PARENTS ARE FUCKING SAINTS
Wow, congrats, your parents act upon their basic primal instincts - heck, fucking pinguins freeze in the fucking cold for months so their offspring can have some warmth, and human parents cry about some fucking chicken on a "holy" day or some other inane shit.

You fell for the "my parents are gods because they provided for instead of killing me"-meme. But it isn't too late to off yourself, anon.
>>
>>36282884
its funny how ittfags are always wrong
I make my own tendies fuck face
>>
>>36282801
The obligatory fedora post. You would be singing a different tune if his family was Muslim no doubt.
>>
>>36282801
>eating a small piece of meat on a religious holiday is comparable to drinking while pregnant and deforming your child for life
>>
>>36283105
Yes it is, you're deforming your soul
>>
>>36283119
>original sin says our souls are already fucked from birth haha
>>
>>36282781
Whoa calm down Mr.man.

What did they want you to do?

And this isn't about religion. Its about a piece of chicken who anon could have just ate behind his moms back like a normal christian.
>>
>>36283167
>What did they want you to do?
No the point of discussion.

>And this isn't about religion. Its about a piece of chicken who anon could have just ate behind his moms back like a normal christian.
Okay, this is bait, even for /r9k/ standards nobody can be this fucking stupid.
>>
she just wants to spend time with you anon, she interprets this as you pulling away from her
>>
>>36283187
Tell us anon. What AWFUL things did they make you do?

Say a grace before eating dinner?
Wouldn't let you sleep in on Sundays?
Prayed the gay out of you?
>>
File: Look at this faggot.gif (2MB, 400x206px) Image search: [Google]
Look at this faggot.gif
2MB, 400x206px
>>36283244
At least you're a funny guy.
>>
>be born into the Mormon church
>just so happens to be the correct religion
well that's lucky
>>
>>36282893
Becouse normies love to think they are helping and doing "the right thing" while that only applies to what they personaly think is right. I hate those kind morale-cocksucking people.
>>
>>36282417

His mother had/has sex, she has a husband and, judging from OP post, us a housewife with a plenty of free cash. I'm so sad I'll fucking cry.
>>
>>36282417
This story was so touching I have to pull out the smallest violin in the world and play in honor of her existential misery.
>>
>>36283167
>Its about a piece of chicken who anon could have just ate behind his moms back like a normal christian.
>lying to your mom
>>
>>36282652
>I'm not a fedora tipper

Funny because you sound a lot like one guy.

Give it up to keep the piece. This isn't some grand challenge to your principles. Your keeping the house stress free by not stuffing your face with meat for a while.

But why should you do this Mr. Fedora? Does God himself seek to impose himself on your grace? Na the person who's paying for your shit asked to.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.