[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you prayed tonight, anon? If you don't, why not

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: christchan.jpg (49KB, 680x435px) Image search: [Google]
christchan.jpg
49KB, 680x435px
Have you prayed tonight, anon? If you don't, why not give it a try?
>>
>>36280354
I feel like logically there is a god and I have felt it emotionally but I never feel like it works after a short emotional outburst at church or after praying. I don't mind if you don't respond if you don't know, but how to fix this?
>>
>>36280512
Anon, praying and going to church are meant to be communal activities. They are intended to bring people together. Going to church just to go, or praying just to pray won't give you that spiritual feeling. Going to church, hearing the pastor speak about how after the sermon they are going to the local soup kitchen to help feed the hungry, and going with them and feeling the sense of community, bonding, and satisfaction from helping people out is what brings you closer to God and gives you that spiritual feeling
>>
>>36280354
because you're not supposed to do that shit in public
>>
I know Pater Noster in latin by heart. I often repeat it to myself like a litany, helps me to calm down
>>
>>36280354
If god is real he's a narcissistic asshole. What kind of monster births a living creature into this cruel world and then asks that you worship him just to have a decent life? Reminds me of my mother.
>>
>>36280354
This feels like its aimed at me, but I just dont care about religion. No benefits or drawbacks will make me care either.
>>
>>36280577
Thank you originally, anon
>>
I want to convert to Orthodoxy but I have no idea how to begin.
>>
>>36280658
Oh, it's no problem anon! Have a good day and God bless
>>
File: 1486960075185.png (12KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1486960075185.png
12KB, 633x758px
>>36280354
I have lost my religion
>>
>>36280675
Attend services at local Orthodox Church, and talk to other congregants and the priest afterwards. The priest can give you guidance. It's something that can take a while, and there's a period of instruction as a catechumen, but once you complete that, you'll be ready for baptism (if you were never baptized before or were baptized by a church whose baptism is considered invalid--former Catholics, Anglicans, and Lutherans generally don't have to be rebaptized, just chrismated, though it can vary based on the bishop) and chrismation.

You'll want to make sure you find a church you feel comfortable in though. Some Orthodox churches are tied closely to ethnic customs and they may not be very welcoming of converts (Serbian Orthodox churches in particular I never felt very comfortable in as a prospective convert), but others are quite open and welcoming generally (Antiochan Orthodox churches, the ROCOR (Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia), and Orthodox Church of America (essentially another Russian Orthodox autocephalous church) tend to be the most open based on my experience--I made my journey at an Antiochan Church)

t. recent Orthodox convert
>>
>>36280354
But I have. In fact, I went to a Good Friday mass earlier
>>
File: 1490176099412.png (498KB, 444x583px) Image search: [Google]
1490176099412.png
498KB, 444x583px
>>36280354
I pray every second, friend!
>>
Of course I did. I never skip namaz.
>>
>>36280354
I don't accept surgery from mexicans
>>
File: jeyzaz.jpg (32KB, 468x240px) Image search: [Google]
jeyzaz.jpg
32KB, 468x240px
MUHHHH JEYYYYZAZZZZZZZZ

OH MY LAAAAAAAAAAAAWRDDDDDDD
>>
>>36280354
forgive me father for i want to shove my dick down christ-chan's throat
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.