[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are most jobs physical or difficult? Im around trucks alot and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (42KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 300x225px
Are most jobs physical or difficult? Im around trucks alot and get to change brakes and shit and that stuff weighs like 120 lbs and doing that for a while can make me feel tired but others pull transmissions like pic related that weigh like 800lbs and just use a jack with four wheels and ive never done it because im not that advanced but are most jobs like this in someways? i might eventually get to the point where im good enough to be able to do shit like that but honestly it seems like it would be difficult and was wondering entry level jobs like stocking require any genuine physical lifting like even doing brakes with 120lbs parts, or is that heavier than most things id have to deal with working as a stocker?
>>
lel most jobs are easy as balls
>>
>>36278287
>Are most jobs physical or difficult?
most jobs are not physical

most jobs are not difficult
>>
Well, working as a store clerk, I doubt you're going to be lifting stuff by hand that weighs more than 50 lbs unless you're going above and beyond the call of duty. A lot of them I see look like lazy shits(Wal*Mart, Target, Kmart, et cetera), so I doubt most do even that.

Looks like the truck in your photo is being cut up for scrap and core parts. Shame how a lot of good trucks die that way just because they're old and their companies no longer want them.
>>
>>36278493
yeah i didnt take the picture but i just thought it was good at showing the size of a transmission.

it is a shame though, older trucks like r model macks and f model mack cabovers are awesome and getting more rare
>>
>>36278287
Most jobs don't involve actual work. You just socialize with normies all day. Some tech jobs and medical jobs are high stress but most are easy af. A
>>
>>36278287
that's what makes it blue collar work
>>
>>36278287
As a mechanic you have one of the hardest low-paying jobs there are. You have to have a lot of technical knowledge and also be decently strong in order to do your (often times physically painful) job.

You're in a completely different league than a shelf stocker.....of course, you probably wouldn't know that if you were comparing paychecks....there's a reason it's called flat rape.

Honestly I often wonder how the automotive service and repair industry survives. No one's willing to pay technicians, customers often aren't willing to pay part prices (and will often sue you over shit that's beyond your control....or just as an excuse to get their vehicle fixed for free), it's both physcially and mentally exhausting work that in many cases pays less than minimum wage for the amount of hours worked (especially when you end up having to re-do a job for free or have to correct other work around what work you're originally doing because of surrounding entropy that'll keep the vehicle from properly functioning), a lot of work you have to do you don't get paid for (shuffling vehicles around shop, cleaning work area, et cetera), it's bad for your health (especially musculoskeletal, although you will have cuts and abrasions everywhere; scars on your body that you don't know the origin of, not to mention constant exposure to carcinogen HAZMAT), liability of expensive things versus what you're paid means you have the potential to be owned for the rest of your life...

...it's a brutal fuckin' job with little reward to it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.