[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>something horrible happened in my family >become upset

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1450666555925.jpg (36KB, 482x427px)
1450666555925.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
>something horrible happened in my family
>become upset and want to cry
>feeling fades after less than 5 minutes
>been staring blankly at my computer for an hour now
anybody else think they've had so many feels that they just can't truly feel anymore?
>>
>>36277447
What happened anon?
I want to hear your story.
>>
w-were you BORN?
just kidding!!!!!!!!
>>
>>36277502
This. I'm all ears. Or eyes.
>>
WARNING, personal blog incoming:

When my grandpa died when I was 6.5 I never cried. Meanwhile everyone else in my family cried and my cousin who was a year older than me bawled his eyes out and tried to grab the coffin to bring him back or some shit. At one point my grandma, who was sitting next to me at the funeral, said to me "it's ok to cry" because I was stone-faced. There were no tears there.

That was before I even had many serious feels. I guess I just wasn't born to feel. I'm still slightly worried about the fact that I didn't cry. Am I a slight sociopath? I try to tell myself that I was young and didn't see my grandpa as much as my other family members did, so it was understandable that I wasn't sad.

Nowadays I rarely feel any strong emotions besides anxiety, boredom, frustration, annoyance and genuine happiness when I forget about all of my practically nonexistent problems.

I'm pretty sure I will feel very sad when my parents die, but I'm worried that I won't feel as sad as I should. My parents are good people and they did all they could to raise me well.
/personal blog

Sorry to hear that OP. Like these other anons, I'd like to hear your story if you're willing to share it.
>>
>>36277953
Were you close to your grandpa?

I remember the night when my grandpa got diagnosed with cancer, I was kinda shocked but didn't feel very strongly.

Might have to do with the fact that I revived that news 10mins after my favorite childhood cat got hit by a car. What a shitty day that was afterwards.
>>
>>36278014
I really wasn't, I don't even remember him that much. Apparently he used to talk a lot, but in his last few years, which is all that I remember, he was very quiet. I was usually chilling in his comfy-ass reclining chair, muttering in his native French sometimes. He really liked kids.

I happened to be at my grandparents house the night he died (they were like a four hour drive away). My siblings went into the room where he was dying and read him the children's stories that he had been reading to us in the previous few days. I never went in to see him. When my sister came to me crying about him dying I was very shocked and confused.

I "shocked but didn't feel strongly" sums up how I always respond to bad news.
>>
>>36277953
I can sort of relate, Anon.

I come from a really big, really old family. From age 4 to 15 I went to an average of 2 funerals a year. When my grandfather, uncle, and grandmother, all of whom I was very close to, passed away last year, I never cried at all, even when I stared at their bodies. Wasn't even sad. If anything I was just pissed I had to spend my whole day at the funeral parlor. I think it's just a desensitization thing, at least in my case
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.