[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else here get depressed? I don't just mean sad or

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Crying.jpg (55KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
Crying.jpg
55KB, 645x773px
Anybody else here get depressed? I don't just mean sad or anything, full blown depression that comes in bouts.
I have everything I want going for me. I should be happy, but i would rather die right now. I don't even know where it comes from.
>>
File: IMG_20170409_142805.jpg (44KB, 960x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170409_142805.jpg
44KB, 960x533px
>>36272354
I feel yeah. I just finally got officially diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder. Mine comes in heavy waves, too
>>
>>36272688
how did you get help? I think i might need it
>>
I don't get sad or anything. I just get what is like this weird cloud where it's like I'm on auto pilot.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-12-21-49-55.png (984KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-12-21-49-55.png
984KB, 1080x1920px
>>36272785
Well, I always knew I had it. I just went to a doctor to get an official diagnosis. If you can find a good therapist, that can help a bit. Personally, I want to avoid medication for it, if I can. Honestly what's helped me a lot is this mind over matter thing. Sometimes when I'm depressed for too long, I'll get kinda pissed off and empowered. I'll think "Fuck this shit. I'm not going to let it destroy my life!" and I'll focus on positive shit, and start to feel better for a while. Sounds dumb, but it helps me sometimes
>>
>>36272932
It doesn't sound dumb anon, i go through the same thing. I just wish there was a cure for it tbqh. meds didn't help for shit when i was younger.
I'm doing well in college with a great outlook post graduation, am in a relationship with someone who i want to get serious with, and have started doing everything I set for myself as a goal after nearly two years of pure NEET life where i almost never left home
I just want this fucking thing to go away
>>
>>36273024
Thanks anon. Yeah, fuck I wish there was a cure, too. At this point I've completely accepted that I'm going to have to deal with this the rest of my life. That's awesome you've been doing well for yourself. Good job anon
>>
>>36273279
I wish i could feel like i'm doing well for myself
Just a protip anon, cold showers help a lot. not everyone knows that
>>
>>36273855
You're doing much better than many of us with depression. That's one of the fucked things about depression, though. We convince ourselves we're doing a shit job at life, even if objectively that's not true. Don't believe the lies the depression tells you. And cold showers, eh? I think I'll go try that right now
>>
>>36273973
it overloads your system and forces an endorphin dump, from what i read. It helped me a moment ago
>>
>>36274076
Ahhh that was nice! Thanks anon. I feel better. Now, time to drink some coffee and play Fallout 3!
>>
>>36274328
>an actual /r9k/ thread that solves a problem
we are living in fantastic times anon
>>
>>36272354
>Anybody else here get depressed? I don't just mean sad or anything, full blown depression that comes in bouts.

Though I'm far from happy, I don't use the term depression lightly. Sad as I may be, I can still force myself out the door each morning, regardless of how deeply I resent having to do so.

However, I've had brief episodes of what I would consider depression. The last was during the summer after graduating college. I had spent each summer working at a camp for the disabled and decided to do so one final time. One night, after my deformed charges had been put to sleep and the other counselors went off to grope each other in the dark, I found myself staring up at the stars. Though I usually enjoyed stargazing, on that particular night I could only see the void yawning between them. Memories of a wasted youth rushed in to fill that space. Being young at the time, I typically only considered the moment. Yet, suddenly, the vertical became horizontal. I realized the loneliness I felt wouldn't be transitory, something that would last a mere season. Rather, it would stain every season that would follow. My limbs became heavy. I began to stumble. My vision grew dim. My legs gave out and I fell. The world became a blur as I felt myself drowning between the darkness between the stars.

I remember very little after that. There was the sting of hot tears on my cheeks. I heard some voice trying to call me back from whatever place I had found myself in, only later realizing it had been my own.

My little fit released me just as suddenly as I had been seized by it. My sight cleared, the ground beneath me returned. I stood up, washed my face and went to bed. For the first time in a long while, there were no nightmares waiting for me. I resented that. As horrible as the dreams of something like myself may be, they are preferable to that empty place where even starlight refuses to shine.
>>
>>36274352
Indeed we are. Indeee we are...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.