[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /r9k/ I have a systemic problem in my life. i get intimidated

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: fear-and-intimidation.jpg (67KB, 337x356px) Image search: [Google]
fear-and-intimidation.jpg
67KB, 337x356px
Hey /r9k/

I have a systemic problem in my life.
i get intimidated too easily, its even gotten to the point where i have a friend that i hang with almost every day and i secretly dislike him. the problem is that he is so verbally agressive and dismissive of all my concerns.
when i tell him hes being rude he dismisses it (he studies philosophy anduses this to dismiss any emotional objections i have to his way of speaking to me) its become so bad that ive been agreeing with the things he said because he logic-forces me ito agreement. i dont know what to do. in every aspect of my life i get intimidated by a certain person, its almost like the intimidating people come find me and take advantage of me.

Please help me /r9k/ i long to live my life like a free man.
>>
File: IMG_00.jpg (580KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_00.jpg
580KB, 2560x1600px
>>36267903
ghost him.

if he pushes, tell him how you feel and then do not respond. if you respond he'll only armtwist you into saying what he wants to hear.

you need to remove yourself from the situation
>>
watch this

https://youtu.be/iDQ8DiP_Y_A
>>
>>36268311

im really scared of doing it actually, he screamed and threw stuff around before
>>
File: 1431354890004.jpg (50KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
1431354890004.jpg
50KB, 400x550px
>>36268416
then just straight up never talk to him again. get another irl friend to support you and make you less scared. he sounds unstable, so having another person on your side is simply a good idea.

friendship is a mutual agreement. if he doesn't believe that then he's basically an abuser.
>>
>>36268549
if he doesn't respect that*, i meant to say.
>>
>>36268345
this is me, how do i grow these teeth?
>>
So tell him to fuck off and get some actual friends.
>>
I use to have the same problem as you when i was young.

The way i coped successfully was by realising that in many aspects i was better than the person beating me down and eventually didnt care that much what was said at first.

If it carries on however, i do not hesitate to retaliate. You must be more aggressive, this is vital to stop people intimidating you.

Turn your intimidation into anger. Thats what i did anyway, works very well at parties, people respect you more. (pretend you have a chad mentality basically)
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.