[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I see a lot of people on this board claiming they have ''depression''.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

File: faggot emo.png (401KB, 399x600px) Image search: [Google]
faggot emo.png
401KB, 399x600px
I see a lot of people on this board claiming they have ''depression''. ''depression'' because they miss their ex or ''depression'' because of some stupid fuck reason.

You people don't have depression. Depression is a medical condition that annihilates every part of your being if you truly have it. You people are delegitimizing a real disorder with your whine fests. Now everybody thinks depression is something everybody experiences and that it is an emotion or whatever or just the same as being sad. Same with suicidal. All of you pls halp am thinken of suicide people need to shut the fuck up. You have no idea what it actually means to be truly suicidal. Thanks to you fucks. People who actually have it are looked down upon thanks to fucktards like you. Fuck you.
>>
Great thread OP thanks have an upboat
>>
File: bawwwww.jpg (13KB, 220x283px) Image search: [Google]
bawwwww.jpg
13KB, 220x283px
Balling tshirt, my man, you look good.
>>
>>36259101
most people here are just sad because they are ugly
>>
>>36259101
>tfw no faggot emo bf(male)
>>
I never make threads about it but fuck you op, just let them rant to feel better
>>
>>36259210
Yeah let me just say I'm suffering from cancer even though I'm not.
>>
>>36259101
>You people don't have depression.
>/r9k/

This board is full of actually depressed people and you have the gall to say shit like this? What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
my counselor says I have depression and I have to take lots of prozac every day can I be part of the cool kids mental illness club
>>
Yeah, real depressed people hang out on Tumblr and read Homestuck and make epic suicide memes.
>>
>>36259246
What do you care mister righteous? Feeling upstaged are we? Not recognized? Just another drop in the rain despite your 'profound' blubbery and wailing and weak behavior? Woe is me but not you?
>>
>>36259101
Go on facebook.

Chicks be doing status updates saying they're ugly and lonely and have no friends and never even get messages on FB anymore and have been thinking about commiting suicide

20 min later they're doing another status update saying OMG so totally excited about this weekend, having a party, me and my BFFs been planning it for two weeks.
>>
>>36259101
>Depression is a medical condition that annihilates every part of your being if you truly have it.
I sleep 12 hours a day and sit at my computer the other 12

everything else is too mentally taxing
>>
File: 1491721403203.gif (344KB, 400x221px) Image search: [Google]
1491721403203.gif
344KB, 400x221px
>>36259101
>annihilates every part of your being if you truly have it
y-yeah I definitely d-don't have that
>>
>>36259101
>People who actually have it are looked down upon thanks to fucktards like you.
heh nothing could make me happier, like when Hakeswill framed Sharpe for killing a native and he got lashed for it
>>
>>36259101
Kek u played ritr ino tgey hands
>>
women can't have depression
>>
>>36259101
Depression is not real, its called being an attentionwhore faggot who should kill himself.
>baw im so sad and dead inside
>>
>>36259101
ITT OP is jealous of people that have had relationships in their life and creates a mental barrier in his own head that gf = happiness

Some of the most depressed people you will ever meet lost someone close to them OP. That includes people that were in relationships.
>>
I dont give a shit if we undermine them. Deppresed OP? Good.
>>
I did have depression before, I just realized that the world is a certain way and I'm a man so people won't shed tears for me. People already assume I'm privileged just because I'm a man to begin with.

As a man, people care about what you know and what you do, not what you think or what you feel.

Also, life does change on a small and medium scale. Certain situations may not always be the same, and life changed the most for me when I stopped trying so hard to change everything and just went on auto-pilot.

I never get depressed anymore, I have my emotions back, but 'depression' is just sadness or emptiness labelled as depression.
>>
I'm probably not depressed, you're right. I haven't been to a therapist and I haven't had a real diagnosis, that being said I don't really know any other words that describe how I feel most of the time, I may not have a professional diagnosis, but it's the word that best/most clearly tells most people how I'm feeling most of the time.
>>
>>36260559
you were not depressed.
>>
File: 1487269945576.jpg (144KB, 618x597px) Image search: [Google]
1487269945576.jpg
144KB, 618x597px
>I have a fantastic life but I have a chemical imbalance which gives me crippling depression!
>>
I agree with OP. Normies that infest this board have picked up a bit of the culture, and in their incessant obsession with fitting in, have adopted a prevalent mental illness among the actual losers on this board such as myself.

Just like emos who later became hipsters, normies think depression is a fashion accessory.

That said, you know why I don't talk about muh feels on anonymous imageboards? Because I am used to nobody caring about what I feel. I miss the days this board was about pretending to be verbose monocled Edwardian era gentlemen. I bet nobody here remembers those times.
>>
>>36260853

Yes I was.
>>
>>36260955
If you think depression is the same as sadness you were NOT depressed.
>>
File: 1492142447752.jpg (54KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1492142447752.jpg
54KB, 800x450px
>>36259101
Why would you fucking care? It's people whose name you don't even know bitching about depression. At least no one here is a 16 year attention whore who cried about muh depression on Facebook
>>
most cases of so called depression are just excuses to justify being a lazy sack of shit
>>
I agree with you OP
i'm sick of the problems that people normie have
>>
File: 1486343319700.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1486343319700.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
I'm pessimistic as fuck.
Does that make me depressed?
>>
>>36260445
That there are attention whores on Tumblr does not mean that mental illnesses do not exist
>>
File: uvaxmbzis1ay.png (22KB, 323x376px) Image search: [Google]
uvaxmbzis1ay.png
22KB, 323x376px
I can't stand it. If I ever mention something about being LEGITIMATELY DEPRESSED to a friend, they'll either meme on me "hahaha, I have crippling depression too! kms!" or they'll relate it to one of their failed hollow relationships.
It's stupid. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.
>>
>>36262557
why would you try to seriously talk about depression with people who are not qualified? there are people whose job it is to support you and it's with them you should be having these conversations
>>
>>36259482
Why do you care that he is calling these people out? You sound triggered yourself desu famalamadingdong.
>>
>>36262557
>"""""depressed"""""
>has friends
Lol you are so full of shit I can smell it through the monitor.
>>
File: 3543453.png (71KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
3543453.png
71KB, 500x500px
>>36262557
I tried describing it to my brother. He doesn't get that it's not 'le dead inside'. nothing you do has emotion to it, getting high or drunk doesn't mess you up anymore. Insomnia can only give you a manic boost for ~36 hours and needs 36 hours of sleep in the next 48 hours to recharge and you have to plan your week around when you need that sleep deprivation to get things done. Coupled with the fact that I will go for 8+ hours at a time having to fight the urge to just go buy that rifle from my friend and end it tonight, it's hard to plan family get togethers where I seem like the decent neurotypical guy I should be and am expected to be. Plus all this stress on my body from being unable to maintain decent sleep and eating skills is making my muscles cramp when I stand, my hands constantly shake, and I'm loosing my hair. So yeah.
Pic very much related
>>
>>36261360

It was mostly a blanket of greyness and shitty feelings.
>>
I hate people that act like they have a monopoly on mental illness

It's like saying only starving Africans can suffer

Suffering is relative
>>
File: yep.jpg (27KB, 186x189px) Image search: [Google]
yep.jpg
27KB, 186x189px
>haha dude yeah im depressed brb going to the club

This is why therapists are a joke, they deal with people who don't have problems.
>>
File: 1-done.gif (94KB, 224x226px) Image search: [Google]
1-done.gif
94KB, 224x226px
>>36263151
My only friends are online. I have no IRL friends. I only have one or two people to talk to these things about.
>>36263043
I don't have a way to get a therapist or psych. I am very poor.
>>
>>36263276
So sadness? That you got over because you realized your penis means you won't get attention? Sounds like a real problem anon, it's called attentionfagging though, not depression.
>>36263362
Suffering is relative, but there's a difference between feeling blue for a few months and a medical mental problem that makes you lose 45 lbs in a month and a half. I don't doubt it's not fun for someone to go through a rough emotional patch, but I'm vindictive enough to spit on the people who coopt a term to give weight to when they tell their friends why they've been acting a bit quieter lately.
>>
I've never claimed to be depressed. I'm not sure what I would classify myself as. When considering myself and my own situation, I think my assessment is correct (that I'm not very good, impressive, or interesting). I can't imagine finding friends or a spouse as I am currently; neither can I imagine a path to self-improvement. On the other hand, I realize that my view is narrow and in some ways naive. Obviously there are people who, like me, aren't that good, impressive, or interesting, yet they still manage to engage in relationships with other people. I realize that there's a sort of implicit arrogance in the line of reasoning that might go: I'm not good enough to make friends; I am not uniquely bad or unworthy, therefore others are not good enough either. But I don't really think about other people enough to despise them or look down on them, even though I look down on myself.
>>
>>36262391
the exact opposite of that is true
>>
>>36259101

is that you in pic related, damn that shirt makes you look mad depressed bro
>>
>>36259101
Go back to Imgur. What the fuck does it matter what gets said on this isolated corner of the internet?
You don't like it? Leave.
>>
>>36262520
>aww im so sad :(((((((( i want to be a faggy little complainer with the mindset of a woman so i'll just claim i have a mental illness instead of admitting i'm a faggy little loser piece of shit too afraid to try

mental illnesses are _not_ fucking real, get over yourself you little barbie.
>>
>>36264357

>Mental illnesses are not real

Tell that to Lanza and Loughner.
>>
>>36263495

>So sadness? That you got over because you realized your penis means you won't get attention?

What does that even mean? I said that I realized I am a man and therefore the world doesn't care about my feelings. But no, what I felt was immense despair and nihilism mixed with almost no energy. A blanket grey feeling. No purpose, nothing to cling to, nobody to be with and nowhere to go.

Why do you spend your time on /r9k/ trying to deny other's experiences? Go try to be an e-badass somewhere else. Not one person here has insisted they are special or need attention for how they felt, you've just insisted they've done so to push your own narrative and you are the problem in this thread.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.