[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw parents are hoarders >spend your childhood inhaling

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: asdf.png (11KB, 489x423px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.png
11KB, 489x423px
>tfw parents are hoarders
>spend your childhood inhaling dust because there's no way to keep anything clean when there's a trasheap in every room
>vaccuming the house is a hellish chore because you have to navigate through dozens of IKEA chairs, coffee tables, kid shoes and other crap
>parents keep every box, every plastic case, every envelope for every device purchased ever
>old, busted bikes, old busted machines, bookcases stuffed with old books and things I dare not even mention behind the books
>as a kid always get chink toys that break, never allowed to throw them away because they were gifts, also ashamed to bring friends over, when every time I was invited anywhere, their house looked like straight out of a catalogue, with design, finish, matching furniture and shit.
>wardrobe full of second-hand clothes, most of which I haven't worn in years, only obstructing the ones I do want to wear.
>literally impossible to open a window without moving crap placed on the windowsill
>shit gets pushed into my room constantly, never allowed to throw it out
>even as an adult they gift me "decorative" shit like lava lamps, replicas of sword
I just want to live a minimalist lifestyle.
>>
Also forgot to mention my mother's obsession with garbage. She has one big bucket and is hellbent on having two or more bags inside of it, which rip and take a lot of time to change every week or so. We also collect paper in some container only to spill it out everytime it fills and arrange it neatly into a bundle.
ree.
>>
>>36257364
My mom grew up with parents like that. And as a result she aggressively throws things out, and seemingly takes great pleasure in doing so.

So of course I kept having "Mom, where's my X?" "Oh that? That'd been sitting around for months, I threw it out" happen through my childhood, and so now I'm a hoarder.

At least I do it with data on hard drives much more than physical objects.
>>
File: 1491482442261.png (230KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1491482442261.png
230KB, 600x750px
>>36257532
I don't mind hoarding done in some organized fashion, hell, I even do it to some extend because I've got a couple of smaller cardboard boxes in my room. The difference is I compress them as much as I can and only keep them for when warranty is still valid, my father and mother seemingly play Tetris with them and every room has a bunch of them all the way to the ceiling, even if you needed to find something in one of them, you'd ahve to spend minutes stacking them prior and after that.

Data hoarding I don't mind, but if my father would do that, I bet he'd still keep shit on floppies, CD-roms abd cheap, chinese hard drives instead of buying a proper brand, hi capacity hard drive and spend a moment in his life to transfer the shit from the CDs (which is useless by now, I'm sure he'll need his Steam account back-up from 2004 one day) to the one, proper storage disk.
Throwing shit out excisevely sucks too, whenever someone did that here, they usually threw out something important, because it was tangled with a bunch of busted garbage.

It kind of hurts when I know I'll throw out most of those busted bicycles and books away one day, but I remind myself I can't do that unless someone passes away.
>>
>>36257364
I feel sorry for you anon. That's really horrible. T

My parents aren't quite bad enough to be hoarders but they are pretty close.

Instead of cheap IKEA furniture, my mom keeps a bunch of old furniture and other antiques from various relatives that have died, and she used to go on antique buying binges every now and then.

Nothing fucking matches, and it all looks out of place in a house built in the 1980s. Most of the furniture is pretty damn uncomfortable. There's also a bunch of stupid dust collecting knick knacks like teacups and porcelain birds. The thing I hate most is this old trunk sitting in the hallway outside my door. I have to see this falling apart thing every fucking day. I bumped into it once and a jagged edge on the thing ripped a nice pair of jeans I was wearing. I fucking hate that thing. When my parents die, and iff that thing is still around, it's going straight into the dumpster. I don't care if I can get money for it. I want it trashed.

I can sort of relate to holding onto things though. I moved back home and had a hard time getting rid of stuff because every little thing represented a cost, but it felt great when I finally started getting rid of things. Most of the stuff I gave to charity because I wanted to get rid of things right away, but it was even better when I was able to sell some of my stuff.
>>
>>36257792
I know how you feel, I want to burn everything combustible in one go, take everything I can't burn to a pawn shop or something, dump clothes into a Carritas container and maybe sell the occasional bigger thing on ebay provided someone picks it up on his own.

The thing I hate most is how shit like toothbrushes, mugs or chairs seem to multiply, we have like 6 electric toothbrushes, and like 12 brushes for them everywhere. We all use one common toothbrush and 4 people shouldn't own more than 4 brushes so what the FUCK is happening.

Also mother keeps repeating the "what if guests arrive" meme, so she insists I have two or three chairs in my room, yeah right I can see myself having friends over ever. Also despite her being a devote Christian, she insists I have a twin bed which I fucking hate because it occupies so much room and I could sleep on a matress for all I care.
I'm nearly a wizard you crazy woman, I have a fucking dakimakura, I don't want no stinking twin bed and more than one chair. Not to mention all those reading lamps, fucking REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>36257933

I feel for you anon. I cannot stand hoarders.. they make me sick. Your mom is seriously mentally ill. Are you able to move out?
>>
>>36257933
>We all use one common toothbrush
That's too intimate, anon.
>>
>>36258083
Meant the thing on the right minus the removable brush.
But yeah, recently I've been using a spare one and putting it somewhere else. We catch colds from eachother way too quickly.

It also pisses me off that there's hundreds of dishes that can't fit into dishwasher after one day, because everyone has to use a different mug for tea, coffee, cold and soft drinks, it's like they're all trying to delude themselves that they're aristocracy while we live in trash.

>>36258061

I'm working on it. I've developed a hatred for living in a house so I'm really thinking about van/camperdwelling. Hopefully this year I can manage to get some funds for that.
>>
File: asdf.jpg (5KB, 335x298px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
5KB, 335x298px
>>36258139
I'm stupid, forgot to add the picture.
>>
>Mom had two rooms in the house that were unusable
>Filled top to bottom with junk
>Disgusting, I'll never be like that
>Can't bear to part with my books
>Or my video games
>Start new hobbies, quit them
>Crap piles up
Oh god it's happening to me. I need to stop this before it becomes a problem.
>>
>>36258139

Do what you can. Honestly anything sounds better than living there. It's just not good for your health.
>>
>>36258156
>Can't bear to part with my books
>Or my video games

honestly there's no problem with this. nothing wrong with keeping physical media, especially if it's something that was paid for. 'cause of their shape, stuff like books & games don't take up much space if stored properly
>>
File: 1444277499368.png (128KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1444277499368.png
128KB, 720x720px
>Mother is a hoarder
>Live in a large Australian house
>Every room, surface and floor space is covered and filled with heaps of clothes, books etc
>Boxes of clothes on the dining table, no room to put a plate on it
>Have to put change of clothes on the bathroom floor when I shower, no room anywhere else
>Have to walk sideways everywhere, no passage wide enough to walk normally
>cubic meters of more clothes outside
>Clothes line unusable
>Continually buys more from ebay and 2nd hand shops
>For 20 years she has been 'cleaning' and 'sorting' and 'making room'

>I have only ever lived this way and I have no means of escape
>immeasurable amount of stress results from the hoarding

I can never bring anyone around here or let anyone know where I live; you can see this shithole over the fence on the bus when it goes by
>>
>>36258288
I want to agree with you, it feels nice having them. But there's so many books and games out there it almost seems wasteful to keep them, as I'll likely never have time to reread or replay anything, especially if I keep acquiring new ones.
>>
>>36258455
If you don't want to part with them, keep them.
I've got like 30 PS2 games I honestly don't care about, might as well sell them.
>>
>>36257364
>grew up in a 9 person household
My parents were controlling and obsessive too, they expected everything be neat and tidy but neglected the fact that there were too much kids.

On the plus side, we still have old tapes
>>
>Rich Chinese industrialists
>Family compound totaling in excess of 5000 sq m
>Several buildings/rooms I've never even set foot in
>Grandma has a habit of spending USD 20k a month shopping
>Unused bedroom filled floor to ceiling with suitcases
>Kitchen in the house fully stocked
>mfw we don't cook and have a restaurant-tier service kitchen
>Brand new appliances never used and still sealed in packaging
>Ten years after crazy bitch is dead we still dont need to buy appliances
>Find brand new high end stuff all the time
>Crack open safes and find a bunch of brand new rolexes, no idea who bought them or when
>Find a small door attached to our property, turns out grandma bought a small townhouse and filled floor to ceiling with magazines
>Painted main house once. Now have 100+ empty paint buckets stashed in storage warehouse
>Old car parts, bumpers, springs, wheels, tires decades old, neatly organized
>Full-fledged standalone dog kennel building
>Rooms full of buddha statues
>mfw kennel empty
>they probably ate the dogs
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.