[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dudes I am super fucking confused I'm a college freshman

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: HAPPY_PARTY_TRAIN_CM_(30s_ver.).jpg (23KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
HAPPY_PARTY_TRAIN_CM_(30s_ver.).jpg
23KB, 400x224px
dudes I am super fucking confused
I'm a college freshman okay and here's one of the questions in my Psychology textbook

>If a woman was born in the year 1907, during which decade would she have been considered middle-aged?
>A. The 1930s
>B. The 1950s
>C. The 1980s
>D. None of the above

like I could see an argument being made in favor of all four of them
I've been stuck on this fucking question for 20 minutes and I just get more and more confused

send help
>>
I'd say the 1950's personally.
>>
>>36250178
1930s.
original xd
>>
>>36250178
1930s, since the average life expectancy wasn't as high as today
>>
B.
Middle aged is considered from roughly 40-60 at the largest ranges, and that doesn't change based on life expectancy, despite another anon's claims, as it has to do with biological development.
>>
File: HAPPY_PARTY_TRAIN_CM_(15s_ver.).jpg (21KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
HAPPY_PARTY_TRAIN_CM_(15s_ver.).jpg
21KB, 400x224px
>>36250279
dude that's what I'm thinking

like she would be in her 30s for at least the late 1930s, and some consider that middle-aged
The 1950s seem like the best answer, but we don't even know when she dies, what if she passes away in 1961 or something
The 1980s seems too late but it's said that we don't truly die until we're forgotten, and her kids and grandkids would remember her for decades after this
And then there's Choice D to thrown in to just completely throw me off and stress me out so much that I just want to puke my guts out

fuck I hate trick questions
>>
>>36250434
>>36250279
Shit, you're right. The average female life expectancy for 1900 was about 48 years old. Go with 1930.
>>
Perhaps it's one of those questions where you're supposed to pick an answer then explain your reasoning? Otherwise i would go with 1930s
>>
>>36250512
middle age isn't middle of life. it relates to a very certain period of time, often coinciding with menopause for a woman.

you numbskull, get this through your head. middleaged, despite the name, isn't middle of life.

if a woman died in her 30's, was her middleage when she was 15?
>>
>>36250178
since it's a textbook shouldn't it tell you the answer??
>>
What if the question itself is a psychological test? We have already seen multiple ways to answer the question base on different Anons answers
>>
>>36250178
>this fucking question
What the fuck are they teaching you kids these days
>>
>>36250279
Literally 100% due to infant/childhood mortality. Once you make it to adulthood you can live to 70+ easily, it's been that way for 3000 years
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.