[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i am very lonely but when i meet new people i can't connect

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1490375490586.jpg (227KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1490375490586.jpg
227KB, 800x800px
i am very lonely but when i meet new people i can't connect with them or talk with them about anything and feel even lonelier. is this like the roastie problem of "it isn't the right kind of guy/ i only want chad". i just want someone i can talk to i want a friend but most people i meet end up just being acquaintances even thou i tried really hard to be friends but they don't want to talk or aren't that interested but just kinda like me ok
>>
>>36249506
Is it a problem with you or a problem with them?
>>
>>36249576
i don't know. i think it is me. it is either i can't connect with people or people do not want to connect with me cause i am sperg
>>
People don't want deep connections and they don't want deep conversations. You won't ever "connect" with anyone. Friendship is just a vehicle for young people to display themselves socially, mostly to find mates. But the goal of finding a mate, or even reproducing and having a child, is also not to have a deep connection there either. So don't get it twisted.
>>
>>36249682
Tell me some of your hobbies, things you like, things you're interested in, etc.
>>
>>36249506
No, most people are just boring. I have the same problem.
>>
>>36249706
art, philosophy, literature, nature, biology, i am a botany major and a writer in my own time. i like movies and am trying to watch a new movie every night. i am a methodist and am very active with local methodist stuff like food drives and so on. but i can't find anyone who wants to talk about any of these things
>>
>>36249837
You're right, your interests are beyond the vast majority of people, myself included. There are surely people who share the same interests as you but they'll be tough to find, my only advice for you is keep looking. Maybe go to /lit/ if you don't already or find other forums that are based around your interests, maybe even reddit
>>
>>36249506
That happens to me too even with my family. But my biggest concern is how I can't stop spilling spaghetti around practically everyone
>>
>>36249506

same problem mate. my biggest problem especially with women isnt confidence but knowing what to talk to them about.

Im interested in military history, ancient Rome, philosophy, ecology and im studying forestry apart from entry lelvel superficial bullshit i dont know what to talk to women about.

everything im passionate about women find boring
>>
>>36249958
thank you anon you are very nice. i do go to /lit and tried making friends there but their discord got taken down and the reddit boards on literature don't have any opportunities to meet people. i don't mind if people don't have my interests in fact it might be nice to meet people who have new interests and values to learn about. as long as i have somebody to be around would be nice
>>
>>36250105
we all should be friends but i don't know how to contact you guys without posting my personal accounts on a public website (which is a bad idea). i also love rome, who is your favorite emperor i would have to say personally i liked Aurelius but historically i would say the most interesting would be Julian the Apostate as he was really symbolic of an era that is often over looked which is the rise of Christianity and the fall of the roman empire.( i like later rome but early stuff is cool too not so much by culture but military and early technology also i suppose better thinkers were around then)
>>
>>36249506
>is this like the roastie problem of "it isn't the right kind of guy/ i only want chad".
yes, that's basically how most girls feel about guys. You can get guys who just want you for sex or give some attention easily, but it doesn't mean you'll find guys who you feel a strong connection with and where you each like and are interested in each other as people.

I feel the same feeling like I only have acquaintances and no friends.
>>
>>36250216
but am i really being shallow like that. i don't want someone who is ultra-alpha or wealthy or anything. or are women not really shallow at all and sincerely just want someone who they like if so why do they ride the cock careosel
>>
>>36250200

Marcus Aurelius is my favourite.

i find it difficult learning about the late Roman emperors, Constantine was undoubtedly great man but his reign marks beginning of the end
>>
>>36250261
there are girls who sleep around a lot like that, but the people who have the most sex are a minority in both men and women. Most girls are kind of romantic and just really do want someone we like and feel a connection with, and then we never find them. Some go through several failed relationships and get disappointed each time, usually the girls who stay virgins have just never met someone they thought was perfect for them, or are afraid of getting hurt and don't fall for random guys. A lot of guys are really shallow too and only want sex or won't care about you. Being very lonely, able to meet new people, but not connecting with them and onl feeling lonelier, is how I and basically every /r9k/ girl I've spoken to feels.
>>
>>36250369
see that sounds true but every attempt i have ever made with women contradict this. they never want to talk to me or discuss things they just want me to do things and give things
>>
>>36250415
I could say the same thing about guys, that all I've had is shitty experiences talking to them and so they must all be bad, none have really cared for me, etc. I really do sympathise, it's difficult not to become misogynistic or a misandristic. most girls on /r9k/ are similarly very hesitant towards guys. You just have to hope not everyone is really like that and keep trying.
>>
>>36249837
WAIT, ALEX IS THAT YOU BRO?
>>
>>36250837
no. why do you have a friend with similar views
>>
>>36249837
wanna talk about dasein?
>>
>>36249697
The average social interaction is much more complex than it appears on the surface.

With very simple words normies are capable of communicating huge ideas and concepts and feelings that are easily understood by others, and that's how friendships are truly formed.

Nobody literally means what they say, the intent is independent of the statement.
>>
>>36251470
i would like to talk about that but not over an anonymous image board
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.